Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 7:00 PM
Default Academy Award Nominations In!
For a full list of nominees go here:

http://movies.msn.com/oscars/nominees-list/?GT1=28019

I'm really interested in hearing other peoples opinions on the nominations, who do you feel got snubbed and who do you feel doesn't deserve the recognition (cough Jolie).

For me, Benjamin Button was a let down from all the hype-yes the special effects and storyline were amazing, but outside Taraji P. Henson scene stilling performances it was so long, and Pitts performance was so montoned-just a flatline, a lot similar to Meet Joe Black...

Then there's Jolie, I love the Changling, and her performance was good...the best of her career...no.....is it anywhere near Kate Winslet's in Revolutionary Road--No! Winslet was robbed in that, I'm glad she is still nominated for the Reader though.

I know there are other film buffs out there, let your opinions free-but be polite, it's supposed to be good hearted fun...
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 7:05 PM
Hmm, I'm rooting for Kate Winslet. She's my favourite actress. :3 I'm really glad that Anne Hathaway is getting mentioned, and Amy Adams.

I'm seeing Slumdog Millionaire tomorrow so I won't have a proper opinion until then, but I reckon Danny Boyle might get Best Director. *fingers crossssed*
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 7:17 PM
I'm rooting for Kate Winslet, too. I'm also glad Marisa Tomei got a nod for Supporting Actress, I'm a big fan.

I'm glad Heath Ledger was nominated, as well. I was so happy when he won the Golden Globe. His performance was just outstanding; the nomination is very well-deserved.

I was also pleasantly surprised to see Robert Downey, Jr. nominated for Tropic Thunder. Usually movies of that genre don't receive much recognition, but his performance was fantastic and I'm glad he got both Golden Globe and Oscar nods. :D
Forum Resident
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 7:32 PM
Yay for Heath Ledger I think the nomination is quite justified too, especially because of other things he did which he didn't get a Best Actor for. I think he didn't anyway...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gemmareno
Yay for Heath Ledger I think the nomination is quite justified too, especially because of other things he did which he didn't get a Best Actor for. I think he didn't anyway...

Thank you for the opinions guys!

Ledger should have gotten it for Brokeback Mountain-but I am happy to see him as well as downey in the supporting actor category. I'm seeing Slumdog Millionaire tomorrow, yaaaaaahhhhh! So I'll be back with my critiques.
#6 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 11:02 PM
I am supporting Slumdog Millionair all the way and Heath Ledger too!
btw, I am big A.R. Rahman fan.

-Adi =D
Field Researcher
#7 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 10:07 AM
There are some movies I haven't seen yet, so I can't say what I hopes wins best pic, but i LOVE Kate Winslet, so i want her to win.