Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 12:01 PM
Default Unique music you listen to?
What music do you listen to that's away from the norm? Besides the Gaga and the Beatles, the Swift and the Fray, Jay-Z and Owl City, etc. etc. etc. ? Basically people that the commercial world never pays attention to.

Feel free to link to youtube so we can check them out!

For me I love instrumental versions, especially Vitamin String Quartet and the Piano Tribute Conservatory

VSQs Lady Gaga is really awesome even if you don't like Gaga: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN8DPNDN-6E

Don't Stop Believing VSQ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0LKMo2cNPY

Owl City's Vanilla Twilight on Piano: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qWxptQqsw4

Hi I'm Paul!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 12:31 PM Last edited by MisaMii : 10th Jan 2011 at 12:44 PM.
The XX - Intro (Long Version)

and

The XX - VCR

The XX is an amazing band. And I can't figure out in what category of music they'd fit in. But their music makes me calm. And I can listen to their music for hours, the same song all over and over.

"Broken people get recycled."
- Katie Melua -
Instructor
#3 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 12:47 PM
I actually listen to a lot of Indie and other less popular genres. Awesome yet underrated songs are all over the place and there'd be way too many of such songs I can think of to recommend at the moment. So I'll just share three of them first:

Kasabian - L.S.F

The Offspring - Kristy Are You Doing Okay

All Time Low - Break Your Little Heart
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 1:09 PM
MisaMil, I LOVE The xx, though I'm sad to say they're becoming quite mainstream here, meaning everybody and their cat plays their music 24/7. Kind of puts a dampener on it if it's all you can listen to.

As for me, I can't get enough of Muscles. Check these two songs out.

I also love The Postal Service. They definitely don't get the recognition they deserve. Check these two out

There's probably a lot more rustling around my computer somewhere.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 1:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PixCii
MisaMil, I LOVE The xx, though I'm sad to say they're becoming quite mainstream here, meaning everybody and their cat plays their music 24/7. Kind of puts a dampener on it if it's all you can listen to.

Well I also listen to Arsenal - Lotuk, Arsenal - Saudade and The Black Box Revelation - Love Licks.
So I'm not listening to The XX only. I just posted those cuz they're currently my fav.

- Katie Melua -
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 1:33 PM
And LOL I just noticed PixCii, that your join date is Jan 1970. How on earth did you do that?

- Katie Melua -
Mad Poster
#7 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 1:34 PM
I'm a Time Lord.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 1:47 PM
Can see that. But then again MTS was created in the year 2000. So still, I'm quite confused about that.

- Katie Melua -
Field Researcher
#9 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 2:46 PM
Unique? Sorry, I've got nothing. Hit me up if you want "good", though.

One S, two As.
Undead Molten Llama
#10 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 8:08 PM
I listen to classical, mostly. I have a fondness for 18th/early 19th-century American composers, who practically no one else knows. They aren't even recorded all that much, so I have to play stuff myself.

As for non-classical stuff, I'm pretty mainstream, but I don't know much current stuff. I'm still stuck in the 80s, and I like 80s New Wave. And I like electronic/cinematic stuff. Maybe E.S. Posthumus or Rob Dougan would count as unique? I don't really know...

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 11th Jan 2011 at 2:56 PM
I love Emilie Autumn...
Here's one of my favorite songs Across the Sky...

:D

And never again, and never again...They gave us two shots to the back of the head... And we're all dead now...
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 6:03 AM
Linkin Park In the End was my most favorite.
Banned
#13 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 12:03 PM
I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by ''not normal''.
Scholar
#14 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 3:00 AM
Um. Apparently it's weird by my coworker's standards, (I guess... because it's not standard innocuous salon pop?) But, I doubt it would shock anyone here.

Anywho, here's something-
Cocorosie- Lemonade (beginning's a bit slow)
Erykah Badu- Amerykahn Promise
April March - Laisse Tomber les Filles
Cake- End of the Movie
Pogo- Wishery

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Test Subject
#15 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 6:05 PM
I love the Postal Service. Sleeping in is my favourite song.

Aside from that I like Fidelity and Adventures in Solitude

If you like Owl City, I recommend Daniel Hunter's older stuff (i.e. as playradioplay!). I like Confines of Gravity and I'm Afraid There's a Hole in My Brain.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 6:10 PM
My Chemical Romance never get enough attention for my liking.
Or other band like Blink182, Hawthorne Heights, The Cure etc.

However I DO like some game soundtracks, which, obviously, are never like, on the charts.
Alchemist
#17 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 7:19 PM Last edited by The Creeper : 11th Mar 2011 at 9:02 AM. Reason: i'm retarded
I'd say Ladytron. Their music are just "like it or hate it", I think. Never met anyone who likes their music, though, but I do am a huge fan :D

In fact, I like mostly not so well known bands and singers, like Kasabian.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Scholar
#18 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 1:14 AM
Incubus? unknown? sorry. lol. That's kinda funny.

But I'd agree with you on Ladytron and Kasabian, I've always had a soft spot for Ladytron.

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Rubric Wrangler
#19 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 1:45 AM
I've recently developed a fondness for A Filetta, their textures and harmonies are amazing. I like Dala, too.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 1:05 PM
Alchemist
#21 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 4:16 PM
Misamii: I once was on a forum thread where they all joined in 1970, 1980 and even in the 50's
Trivialsim: I love MCR and Hawthorne heights!

I currently listen 1 song by Napalm Death, it's their only normal song that's 3 minutes long, they only have samples which are about 30-40 seconds long. Puh. Grindcore..

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#22 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zandvoort
Trivialsim: I love MCR and Hawthorne heights

AWESOME! :D
Field Researcher
#23 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 9:28 PM
I don't know if my favourite music genre is strange to your country,it is in mine!

I like country:

The Statler Brothers up to Taylor Swift

The Statler Brothers - New York City

Taylor Swift - Mine

Thompson Squere - Are You Gonna Kiss Me Or Not

If you know any other songs,I would be happy to hear them,no matter if it is country or not!
Alchemist
#24 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 10:38 PM
*starts offtopic* Trivial: Have you already checked what your name as Killjoy name is? *ends offtopic*

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#25 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 5:02 PM
Hm... I don't know what to consider "unique". You define it as non-mainstream but I have a hard time believing that The Beatles aren't unique. They may be very popular, but they still explored a lot of different styles that you don't hear bands do too much.

I guess, for me it's The Divine Comedy, though. Apparently they're over in Europe, if they're really popular than I apologize, I don't live in Europe. lol

Timewatching
Sticks and Stones
Charmed Life
Our Mutual Friend

I guess Blood, Sweat & Tears could be considered "unique", too. According to my parents they were a really popular band back in their time, but they raised me up with rock from their time and I hadn't ever heard of the band until a year ago.

You've Made Me So Very Happy
Spinning Wheel
And When I Die

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Page 1 of 4