Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 3:42 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default NO social interactions after installing Generations
I literally just installed generations, began the game, and attempted to make two sims interact with one another. I only have three options: romantic- buy flowers, mean-scare, and friendly- pillow fight (or something along those lines). I heard that it was due to Custom Content. I removed all of my custom content and STILL have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM. What's going on here? Is anyone else having this issue? I'd rather not re-install due to the other popular Generations "game not updated" problem.

[rant warning, ignore if you'd like, I just need to get this off my chest] Quite frankly, this is the final EA product I am purchasing. I have been playing the Sims for well over a decade now and, now that I'm a poor college student, this is finally the last straw for me. How difficult is it for them to actually create a functional product? JUST ONCE, EA. JUST ONE DAMN TIME WOULD I LIKE TO BUY ONE OF YOUR PRODUCTS WITHOUT HAVING AN ISSUE. I have NEVER in my entire life encountered a company that ships out faulty products to customers until I began to buy EA products. As a matter of fact, glitches/issues have become something expected from Sims fans. Like a part of the package, I suppose. Well, worry no more, EA, you just lost a loyal customer after this latest shitstorm. What an awful company. [/end rant]
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 5:54 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Incompatible CC
    Every time you patch or install a new EP, most of your hacks will need to be updated or removed. If you are having any kind of problem and you've just patched or installed a new EP, remove all your custom content and delete your cache files. Then, unless the problem is specific to one sim or lot, make a new town and see if the issue occurs there too.

If, having done so, the issue is fixed, then you have some incompatible CC. Any hacks - things which change the game's behaviour - are likely suspects and should be updated or removed; things like objects, clothes, hairs etc are generally safe.

You remembered to remove caches?

Still no interactions with all CC removed and caches refreshed in a brand new game?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
  • Sims 3 - Incompatible CC
    Every time you patch or install a new EP, most of your hacks will need to be updated or removed. If you are having any kind of problem and you've just patched or installed a new EP, remove all your custom content and delete your cache files. Then, unless the problem is specific to one sim or lot, make a new town and see if the issue occurs there too.

If, having done so, the issue is fixed, then you have some incompatible CC. Any hacks - things which change the game's behaviour - are likely suspects and should be updated or removed; things like objects, clothes, hairs etc are generally safe.

You remembered to remove caches?

Still no interactions with all CC removed and caches refreshed in a brand new game?

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I have deleted all caches, as well as manually removing my Mods folder and turning off all custom content. Nothing is happening any differently. Should I wait for when EA decides to patch it?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 9:28 PM
Just curious, are you playing a new save or an old save?

Whenever I update, I usually yank my whole Sims 3 folder (placing it somewhere safe on the desktop) and let the game generate a new one. This is a little extreme I know. I create a test game and play it for a while. When I see that everything is normal, then I begin to add in updated mods, and cc in batches, (store content first, etc) until everything is back in and the game seems to be running normally. (This whole process is because I play with a number of mods and the game can be finicky about them, so I am usually quite careful about them).
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 10:00 PM Last edited by PrestonCreed : 2nd Jun 2011 at 10:01 PM. Reason: misspelling
I am having the same problems as Chazemataz. Everything in my game was perfectly fine until I installed Generations and now all I can do with interactions are Mean, Give Flowers, and Pillow Fight. I can interact with objects but I cannot interact with other Sims like asking them to leave and etc. I have mods, but I haven't had issues with them in the past messing up my game. I have all expansions and I haven't had any problems until Generations. I am not looking forward to deleting all the .package mod files, since I have quite a few. I haven't downloaded any new ones from some time so I was wondering if there was a confirmed fix for this problem. I do not want to get rid of all of my mods just for it to continue messing up. Are there other solutions?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PrestonCreed
I am having the same problems as Chazemataz. Everything in my game was perfectly fine until I installed Generations and now all I can do with interactions are Mean, Give Flowers, and Pillow Fight. I can interact with objects but I cannot interact with other Sims like asking them to leave and etc. I have mods, but I haven't had issues with them in the past messing up my game. I have all expansions and I haven't had any problems until Generations. I am not looking forward to deleting all the .package mod files, since I have quite a few. I haven't downloaded any new ones from some time so I was wondering if there was a confirmed fix for this problem. I do not want to get rid of all of my mods just for it to continue messing up. Are there other solutions?

Do you mean that you had your mods in when you updated the game to include the EP? Or that you have since put them in again after updating and adding the EP?

In general I think it is always a good idea to remove all mods when adding EPs or even patches, and then only to put those that have been updated (like Twallan's) back in the game.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#7 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 10:10 PM
Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki

Preston - Run through that. If you continue having problems, please post your own thread here. You don't have to delete your custom content - just move it temporarily.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 10:12 PM Last edited by PrestonCreed : 2nd Jun 2011 at 10:13 PM. Reason: misspelling
I had the mods while I updated. I am a basic computer user and I have no skills when it comes to programs and what to do and what not to do. Sims 3 is the first Sims game I have had the chance to purchase expansions so I don't really know the wraps. Should I uninstall and reinstall everything with no mods?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#9 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 10:16 PM
You don't need to uninstall and reinstall - just follow the instructions I gave. You probably have incompatible mods, but going through that FAQ will tell you for sure whether it's your mods, user files, or something else.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Locked thread | Locked by: ellacharm3d Reason: resolved-OP posted with new issue