Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Can you upload or post your complete code so I can take a look?

Hi CmarNYC, just wondering if you have spare time anytime soon to test out carrying kids interaction?
Thanks.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#27 Old 16th Jun 2013 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sof_m9
Hi CmarNYC, just wondering if you have spare time anytime soon to test out carrying kids interaction?
Thanks.

Yes - truthfully I've been distracted by personal problems the last few months and doing very little modding work, but this could be a good project to get back into things. Thanks for reminding me!

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Forum Resident
#28 Old 16th Jun 2013 at 4:17 PM
Yes - truthfully I've been distracted by personal problems the last few months and doing very little modding work, but this could be a good project to get back into things. Thanks for reminding me!

Really?? Thank you!! If you need any help please let me know and I'll try to help in any way I can.
Sorry about your personal problems.
xx
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 2:04 PM
Thank you so much for this!

Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong

- Oscar Wilde
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#30 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 10:08 PM
Working on it now. Question: There's already an interaction for a parent to pick up and carry a toddler. What is it that's different about the firefighter carry that you want?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Forum Resident
#31 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 11:46 PM
Working on it now. Question: There's already an interaction for a parent to pick up and carry a toddler. What is it that's different about the firefighter carry that you want?

Yay, great!
Toddlers can be carried, of course, but not kids. I've always wanted kids to be carried, too. I also need that interaction for a Sims movie.
I really hope you are able to add that interaction to the Sims pie menu. Thanks again for working on this!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#32 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sof_m9
Yay, great!
Toddlers can be carried, of course, but not kids. I've always wanted kids to be carried, too. I also need that interaction for a Sims movie.
I really hope you are able to add that interaction to the Sims pie menu. Thanks again for working on this!

The interaction seems to apply to toddlers, but I'll see what happens with children.

Forum Resident
#33 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 12:06 AM
The interaction seems to apply to toddlers, but I'll see what happens with children.

I saw a video of a firefighter carrying a kid, that's why I asked if someone could add that interaction to every Sims pie menu.
Test Subject
#34 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 7:39 AM
Hi I would like to create a mod but not sure where to make a thread for it. I want it to be a bank loan type of mod where I click on the city hall and an option comes up to loan money and then you type the amount of money you would like to borrow. The max would be 10,000 and the min would be about 300. The amount should be paid in full with no interest in around 1 sim week. You can also be able to pay off the loan separately like 100 simoleans everyday or something as you will be able to type the amount of money you would like to pay. But you cannot exceed 1 week, if you do or decide to ignore the loan a repo man will come and take the amount worth of stuff (like when you don't pay the bills). You can only be able to loan one time unless you pay off the full amount you will then be able to loan again. If the repo man does come then you will not be able to ask for a loan in around another sim week. When you pay it all off you can get like a moodlet called "Fulfilled" with +25 or something to the mood.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#35 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 8:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by egnite987
Hi I would like to create a mod but not sure where to make a thread for it. I want it to be a bank loan type of mod where I click on the city hall and an option comes up to loan money and then you type the amount of money you would like to borrow. The max would be 10,000 and the min would be about 300. The amount should be paid in full with no interest in around 1 sim week. You can also be able to pay off the loan separately like 100 simoleans everyday or something as you will be able to type the amount of money you would like to pay. But you cannot exceed 1 week, if you do or decide to ignore the loan a repo man will come and take the amount worth of stuff (like when you don't pay the bills). You can only be able to loan one time unless you pay off the full amount you will then be able to loan again. If the repo man does come then you will not be able to ask for a loan in around another sim week. When you pay it all off you can get like a moodlet called "Fulfilled" with +25 or something to the mood.

You should post questions on how to make this in the Create / Sims 3 / Modding Discussion forum.

Lab Assistant
#36 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 5:50 AM
Hello CMar. I know this tutorial hasn't seen much action but wanted to let you know I really enjoyed this one and keep going back to it as a reference. I'm not sure if this is the proper place to ask about this but I wanted to ask if you had an example of a nested pie. Mine is very simple that I'm attempting, but unfortunately I keep getting stuck as to how to structure. I have 3 simple types, with small lists attached. I want to be able to have a Sim pick a type and then show the list the type is attached to for them to select an action. I hope that was clear and if you happen to see this and can help, would really appreciate it. Thanks again for the great tutorial. : )
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#37 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 4:05 PM
If what you're talking about is a pie menu that has the user make one choice and then presents a second (third, etc.) list of choices based on that - I've attached the class for my outfit changing script as an example. I'm afraid it's not simple, though. Twallan's Master Controller code would be another example. It's just a matter of writing code in the pie menu option Run to present options and go from there with if statements.

Or if you mean when you click a pie menu option and get a second (or third, etc.) level of pie menu options, that is very simple and uses the Path method which is explained in the tutorial under "Defining paths and submenus".

The differences are that you have to use code to use things like pick lists. My opinion is that pie menu levels/submenues are better for a small number of choices, but pick lists are necessary for a large number of choices.

Did I answer your question?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  OutfitChanger.zip (4.6 KB, 40 downloads) - View custom content

Lab Assistant
#38 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 4:23 PM
If what you're talking about is a pie menu that has the user make one choice and then presents a second (third, etc.) list of choices based on that - I've attached the class for my outfit changing script as an example. I'm afraid it's not simple, though. Twallan's Master Controller code would be another example. It's just a matter of writing code in the pie menu option Run to present options and go from there with if statements.

Or if you mean when you click a pie menu option and get a second (or third, etc.) level of pie menu options, that is very simple and uses the Path method which is explained in the tutorial under "Defining paths and submenus".

The differences are that you have to use code to use things like pick lists. My opinion is that pie menu levels/submenues are better for a small number of choices, but pick lists are necessary for a large number of choices.

Did I answer your question?

Oh wow...you already replied! This is perfect and gave me that little "push" to get back on the direction I need to go. Sometimes I seem to get lost in it all.....and hung up on the tiniest little details. It's been so much fun learning and the comment you made in the tutorial about how it took you several months to get comfortable even after having experience in programming made me feel so much better as it will probably take me years not coming from that background and that I shouldn't expect to grasp it all at once. Thank you so very, very much Cmar!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#39 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 10:08 PM
Always happy to help, and thanks very much for the feedback! Yes, programming is neither easy nor fast, unless you're a genius. I'm still learning new stuff about C#.

Forum Resident
#40 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 7:48 PM
Well Cmar, your tutorial makes it look sooooooooooooo easy. And after hours (HOURS) of flubbing my way thru all the step by step instructions you provided, I finally came to the realization that it was time for a vodka Martini with 3 olives, kick my husband, take a relaxing bubble bath, finish off the bottle of vodka without vermouth or olives and forget the whole thing and leave this stuff to people like you!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#41 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 8:25 PM
LOL! It's a pretty steep learning curve, yes, at least if you don't have much programming experience. The more complex scripts I see some people do still leave me going "Bwuh??" and wanting to join you in those martinis.

Test Subject
#42 Old 17th May 2014 at 9:53 AM
Just finally thought id try modding Sims3 (I mod other games I play but none in C#) and this helped me immeasurably. Got it working on 2nd try, and the first failure I -think- was related to me messing up how I had vstudio link in mscorelib and nothing to do with this tutorial.
Test Subject
#43 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 5:21 AM
Thanks a lot Cmar! That's exactly the kind of tutorial I was looking for! Sometimes going through someone else's code to pinpoint the one thing you want is a pain XD You saved me a lot of time If I had known TS3 used C#, I would have created mods years ago. I feel late to the party XD
Test Subject
#44 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 12:48 AM
Default Questions
First of all, you have done a lot of great mods. Thanks for all your work.

I am trying to break into modding, so thanks also for sharing your knowledge in tutorials. One problem I am having with this one is that, in VS2010, I get the error on the "foreach" statement: "Gameplay" (in Sims3.Gameplay.Quaries) does not exist. I have all the "using" statements you list.

On a more global scale, one thing the tutorials don't get into is where to find data such as data types or object information. The type "Sim" is obvious, but what if I want to modify a plant or create a new object? Where would I find a list of names and associated numbers of, say, a type of object or all produce, or all the drink mixes? Is there list of which files to look in for which data?

Yes, I am still stuck in Sims3. TS4 is interesting but still a little sparse. Will wait for more expansion packs to switch over. I'm still enjoying 3;

Thanks for your help.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 23rd Feb 2023 at 10:43 PM
I'm sorry for my stupidity, but could you please explain "Defining paths and submenus" in more detail? Because I really don't know where to add the code you showed me.
Page 2 of 2