Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Uber-Megahood: All Maxis Neighborhoods in One (Megahood + Belladonna Cove)

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 13th Sep 2008 at 9:11 PM - Updated 29th May 2015 at 2:33 PM by Nysha

383 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 322 Feedback Posts, 60 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 11 of 16
Lab Assistant
#251 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Voratre
I love you.

LOL!!!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#252 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 9:05 AM
Well I just downloaded this and installed it and I am so nervous lol. This is like my dream neighborhood. I love playing maxis made sims, and this gives me so much more options that weren't there before. I'm a bit overwhelmed, but I know I'll be spending days a time in this. So thank you for making this possible.

I'm off to go start making everyone over!
Alchemist
#253 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 12:23 PM
I just want to ask two things: Will the families in family bin appear? Or will they just disappear? Example: The Newsons, the Goodies, The Picasos, etc.

Also, will The Kims and the Kats appear in the house bin too, since they come with their own house?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#254 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 12:32 PM
Everyone from the bin should be present, far as I remember. If they were present in the cleaned templates I used, then they'll be present in the Megahood.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#255 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 5:02 PM
It main link, and the link form post #214 from page 9 does not work...... can you help me out?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#256 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 5:11 PM
awsomeking5 - The link in the "download links" section on the Overview tab works fine.
Test Subject
#257 Old 21st Feb 2011 at 3:58 AM
I have added a recreated version of the Sims 1 Old Town hood to the downtown area of Uber-Megahood. I posted a video to youtube on my creation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAJ9IO4uIi4
Test Subject
#258 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 12:08 AM
What would happen if I tried to add vacation destinations?
Test Subject
#259 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 7:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by girluvsu8
What would happen if I tried to add vacation destinations?
It will eat your hard drive a lot so make sure you have a lot of memory before you add.I have all add on inclu downtown all univercity and it really eat my hard drive a lot.So i have to change it to much bigger hard like 1Tb(1000GB).Dont worry it wont crash your game.Or if you have 2 hard drive or more I suggest you to seperate between the game and the save game(1 for game and 1 for save game thats what I do).And yes work with win 7 64bit ultimate,as i i use it right now. :P
Test Subject
#260 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 7:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simstown
I have added a recreated version of the Sims 1 Old Town hood to the downtown area of Uber-Megahood. I posted a video to youtube on my creation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAJ9IO4uIi4

Really? that would be cool too
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#261 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 8:31 PM
Just got my Dad to download this for me (my internet connection is so slow it was going to take 9 hours to download it!) and I can't wait to play your uber-megahood! Shame I have to wait for a fortnight, until I next see my Dad, before I can get it off him and play it! I can't wait! :-D Thanks for all your hard work, HP! :-)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#262 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 1:49 PM
Thankyou! Just for anyone that makes the same silly mistake as me: When you unzip the folder, it's a folder within a folder, so if you put the unzipped folder straight into your game it won't work. You have take the folder within the newly unzipped folder out and paste it into your neighbourhoods.
Test Subject
#263 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 12:16 AM
So just to understand does this make a new Pleasantview and overwrite the other one?or does it keep the other one?or does it just add these to the other one?Sorry for all the questions I am just cautious about downloading things and sorry if some one already asked this you obviously worked hard on this and are probably getting a ton of questions.Oh and great work on this!

In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away
Test Subject
#264 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 12:27 AM
Sorry I hadn't understood the overview at first i am so stupid

In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away
Test Subject
#265 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 10:26 PM Last edited by jmom1994 : 30th Apr 2011 at 11:47 PM.
Default Having issues with lots crashing
Quote: Originally posted by Amysmom
I've read through all these posts and I don't see anyone else that has an issue with the Aspir family not loading. Try to load the lot to play them and it tries, then crashes with that "Exception code: 0xC0000005" thing in the log. Game loads, other lots play fine, but load the Aspirs and boom.
Anyone else have this happen or am I just lucky??

Update:
I have tried move the family out: crash
I tried to move the lot to the housing bin, thinking to move them back in or to maybe package them from a fresh Desiderata and install a new Aspir family: you can't until you enter the lot....I can't enter the lot.
I tried going to the Bell's and having Hannah call Elizabeth and inviting the household over: crash.
Next I tried inviting them over one at a time and asking them to move in: Victor, then Elizabeth and Pauline, fine. Luis: Crash.

So I went to my daughter's single, regular Desiderata hood that I remember playing once or twice when I just got FT, and the Aspir family loaded fine back then. She doesn't play them and this is a fresh hood, so they were new. Hers crashes, too, so it's NOT the mega-hood. Did something happen to Luis Aspir with AL??

I don't see an answer to this old post. I'm having the same issue with the Aspir and Monty families and I tried all of the same things this original poster did. Was there a resolution given? I love the hood, but would like all playable households to work. I've deleted and unzipped the file several times, but the same errors occur. I own all EPs and SPs including Happy Holiday.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#266 Old 14th May 2011 at 10:01 AM
Forever thankful for your time, dedication and for sharing. XO
Test Subject
#267 Old 30th May 2011 at 8:00 AM
This makes me sound like the worst newbie, but I thought I should ask anyway just to make sure.

Is it ok to move everyone into for example Pleasantville and Veronaville and then delete all the rest of the shopping districts? I know it said in the preview that it should be ok to delete, but any new information since then?
Test Subject
#268 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 8:35 PM
I love this download, you have done a great job! I too find some changes in the language, my game is in swedish, but it's nothing I find annoying or anything. One again, you've done an amazing job and I can finally focus on one hood.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#269 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 10:55 PM
you the best
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#270 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 4:22 AM
Have you ever seen that episode of 'My name is Earl' where Seth Green is running about trying to produce a blockbuster action movie in the trailer park with no money and only once camera and going 'Awesome!' every five minutes in a sing-song voice?
You are that awesome.
Test Subject
#271 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 1:15 AM
This looks like it will be allot of fun... one question though: When I loaded the neighborhood it tells me that there is no available stories even though I see that this neighborhood has story files. Why? Is there some trick for activating them?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#272 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 7:36 PM
So amazing! Thank you so much for this. It is a dream come true. I am so excited that I am having a hard time deciding where to start!
Test Subject
#273 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 11:46 PM
Default I Second That!!!
Quote: Originally posted by Voratre
I love you.

:lovestruc
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#274 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 3:50 AM
Hey, the link says not to download, so where am i supposed to download it from?
Test Subject
#275 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 5:11 PM Last edited by Samara7 : 19th Aug 2011 at 8:04 PM.
Mine crashes whenever I try to change thes appearance of a sim or make a new family. Are these common problems that I missed when reading the posts or is it just me? And how can I fix it?
Page 11 of 16