Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 12:03 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Late Night
Now what is going on???
-.-
I swear, if I have one more single problem with sims 3, im going to uninstall everything and get the sims 2 back.
So here's the problem:
after updating from patch 6.0.8 to 6.2.4 , everytime i open the launcher I get this message:
Your The Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with The Sims 3 Expansion Pack. Update your game via the launcher.
Now the launcher says there's another patch update, which I'm currently downloading.
My game will have the 6.5.X version. Will it work?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 1:07 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Post Your Game Versions
    In order to help you we need more information on your game versions.
    If you need help finding what your game versions are see the links below:
    Please post the game version for each game that you have,
    (i.e. 1.12.70.006001 or 2.12.8.009017)
    • Base Game =
    • World Adventures =
    • High End Loft =
    • Ambitions =
    • Fast Lane =
    • Late Night =
    • Outdoor Living =

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 9:52 AM
ok here are my game versions:

Base Game: 1.17.60.009002
World Adventures: 2.0.86.002002
Late Night: 6.2.4.010001

It seems I have to make ANOTHER update?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 11:33 AM
Yes, your LN is a higher version than your basegame. You need to update the basegame to 1.19 - you can download the file here: Game Help:TS3 Patching:Patch Download/Archived/BGwiki

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 4:30 PM
Okay but if my game version is now 6.5.1 , do I still need to download the patch 1.19?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#6 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 4:46 PM
Yes - your base game still needs updating.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#7 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 4:59 PM
If LN is on 6.5, then you need to update base game to 1.22 - see Game_Help:Patch_Tablewiki.

And if you had downloaded a new CAW installer this week, this explains all the issues you've been having with CAW not starting/crashing. The versions for the game patches and CAW must match across the row. I always drag my current CAW folders in Documents to the Desktop and let the newly installed CAW regenerate a new set, then when CAW can start with no issues, restore my project files and other stuff.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 6:09 PM
ok thank you both really you made everything easier
Ella, does this mean I now need to redownload the Create a World?
In the Arena
retired moderator
#9 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 2:44 PM
Why are you jumping subforum-to-subforum with the same issue? Don't you get confused?

Anyway, like have already mentioned above and in your other thread, if you had redownload CAW this week, you don't need to redownload again. You can simply confirm in Control Panel what version of CAW you have (as shown in the "Finding your GameVersion" wiki). If it matches as in patch table that you already have CAW on 1.11.9, this is the version that is compatible with base game version 1.22.

So, if your base game is still at 1.19, you need to patch base game to 1.22.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 8:43 PM
Ella! Thanks again I won't switch anymore i'll just keep on writing over here... One more question: I downloaded the CAW tool 2 weeks ago, so if i re-download now do I get it to work? or still I need 1.22? sorry If i ask, but I just want to be sure I understood everything the right way
Test Subject
#11 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 8:58 PM
Default Expansions didn't upgrade
I patched the 1.19 which includes the patches for the newer versions of WA, AMB, HELS, FLS... then I did the patch for the base game after outdoor living before installing generations, but as much as my base game has proper version as well as late night, my expansion pack versions didnt upgrade. does this mean I have to re patch the 1.19, to try to get proper versions for my expansion and stuff packs?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 10:10 PM
Urmm... I bet the answe you'll get is "start your own thread"
In the Arena
retired moderator
#13 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 2:55 AM
That's why having 2 threads is bad? I'm confused...I thought you kept saying you had redownloaded CAW.
Now that you state this redownloading was 2 weeks ago (before May 31st?), then yes definitely redownload again.

OK, let's set things straight (again!)
  • when you started this thread, you stated you're in the middle of patching LN to 6.5
  • click on the link whitey posted in post#2 and find your game versions and current CAW version in Control Panel -> Uninstall Programs.
  • click on the Patch Table I linked to in post#7 and compare your current versions (which you just did above) to the last row. Since LN is now at 6.5, all the other games must match. Starting with base game at 1.22 and CAW at 1.11.9, are they already in this same row?
  • if some are not on the same level (ie level 011) click on the "Current Patches for Windows" link (or that 011 is also clickable) at the end of that Patch Table wiki in the Related Section, and patch them with the manual updates
  • if CAW is anything other than 1.11.9, redownload CAW. Uninstall the old CAW and reinstall the newly redownloaded CAW
  • Profit!
  • Savvy...?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 8:47 AM
Okay Ella, I'm really sorry I confused you :/ really really sorry :/ anyway here are my steps:
- downloaded create a world tool at L.N 6.0.1
- upgraded L.N to 6.2.4
- upgraded L.N to 6.5.1
- MOST IMPORTANT THING I FORGOT TO SAY downgraded L.N to 6.2.4 (^.^") because of the patch not working properly.
- CAW tool has this version: 1.11.9 and according to the table you gave me, it should be at 1.11.4
Ok now I got everything, so the last question is do I have to downgrade CAW (is it even possible?) or re-update L.N to 6.5.1 and then redownload CAW??

Btw: I'm sorry for having disturbed you so long But you know what happens when you're so willing to try something and you find out it doesnt work ...
In the Arena
retired moderator
#15 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 11:52 AM
Patch is not working properly simply because you have not patch your base game, I believe?
If Launcher misbehaves or EADM (there's a new version of this, too FYI) simply do not deliver the correct patches, you can update manually from the links at the bottom of the Patch Table page.

Do you still have the CAW installer with the 1.11.4 version on your machine somewhere?
Only then are you able to remain with the games in the 1.19 series (ie stay at level 10).

Or has it been overwritten and replaced by the 1.11.9 download version of CAW?

I would suggest to just patch up (to level 11) to 1.22/6.5 series and CAW 1.11.9.

ps: oh, I'm all for working on things until they work the way they are supposed to, believe me. I'm a coder by trade; bug-squashin' is my passion.
Just that my pet peeve is when I asked a question and need the info to help, that info was not provided (or deemed unimportant and ignored) and I have to repeat myself (most times more than twice, even). Sometimes I come across as angry and frustrated and bring it over to the next thread I respond to (and didn't edit my posts in time ). If I do (come across as angry, I mean), I apologize!.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 12:28 PM
Not at all! I didn't see any angry behaviour of yours! I just hope im not getting your nerves wracked with all my questions, cuz I'm new to problems, since I never had any with Sims 2. So basically, I need to double patch basegame to 1.22 and late night to 6.5 so I can use my actual create a world (1.19).
Yes, I have replaced the create a world tool when I downloaded it
In the Arena
retired moderator
#17 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 4:23 PM
Yep, base game need to be at 1.22 to use CAW version 1.11.9.
And last-released pack that you have installed also need to be in the same series. Which in your case, is Late Night to 6.5.
If you have bugs pertaining to WA + Photography, sometimes patching that (and every game, really) helps clear up some of these bugs. But people's reports have been mixed, as usual.

I understand the frustration and wanting to confirm things before things get borked again. I don't mind the questions really, as long as people remain civil and understand this is all voluntary, we will continue helping.
And yours is not the longest thread, some of our threads on crashing were even longer.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 4:51 PM
Okay I don't have enough words to thank you because you actually followed every single step I made If I have any other problems I'll repost, since patching takes a lil bit of time. Thanks again ella! :D
Test Subject
#19 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 2:52 AM
when I go to create the world and I want to go to edit in the game and I click the screen goes blue-green but never the game opens and origin always gets in the way! CANT SOMEONE HEEELLLLPPP ME PLEASEEEE!!! I'm wanna edit in the sims!!!
Site Helper
#20 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 10:12 PM
Ok...
First:
http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=616 is the forum for Create a world discussions, and your problem might have already been discussed there.
In general, you need to be sure that your CAW matches your game patch. It is patch-level specific.

Second:
You are allowed (and urged) to make your own thread when posting with problems. I know that it doesn't seem like it if you have a low post count, but posting in a 5 year old thread is likely to have people ignoring you when they might otherwise help. Check the CAW (which you can also find under the Create tab at the top of the page) and if you can't find an answer then go ahead and start your own thread. (And don't be too upset by those 'disagrees." They are just people objecting to the thread necromancy. )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook