Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 10:26 PM
Default Sharing packaged lots
Greetings - I have been lurking for a while downloading CC like crazy, so thought I'd give something back, but before I can I'd like to find out what is the best thing to do about CC within these packaged lots. It seems like asking the original creators is the appropriate etiquette, however this is a pretty old game and many creators are retired. So given that is is 2016 and two new Sims games out there, should I proceed in contacting the creators, leaving the CC on the lot, or simply make a 'vanilla' version of the lots, without any CC?

And since I'm here posting I'll just add at the bottom here that there is a lot of talent out there - many thanks to all creators - I know a lot of work goes into modding.
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 1:05 AM
Hi SimULant38

This forum is for the discussion of how to mod TS2. But to answer your question, you are correct that having permission is the right thing to do. Fret not though! There are many creators still active and regardless of activity/inactivity many have a stated policy about sharing their content. Many people with a stated policy do not even require you to personally ask them for permission; they are giving you permission in the stated policy.

Whether or not you make a CC-free version is ultimately up to you. Some people do not play with CC (or minimal amount) and some people play with a huge amount. Just remember that the more CC used the more people will have to download.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Aug 2016 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
Hi SimULant38

This forum is for the discussion of how to mod TS2. But to answer your question, you are correct that having permission is the right thing to do. Fret not though! There are many creators still active and regardless of activity/inactivity many have a stated policy about sharing their content. Many people with a stated policy do not even require you to personally ask them for permission; they are giving you permission in the stated policy.

Whether or not you make a CC-free version is ultimately up to you. Some people do not play with CC (or minimal amount) and some people play with a huge amount. Just remember that the more CC used the more people will have to download.

Thank you for responding MaybeSomething ^___^.

We'll see how it works out, but I'm thinking the best thing to do will make them vanilla, and people can do with it what they want from there. I don't think any of the CC is critical to the lots anyway, so they should still work as intended.