Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 6:53 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims duplicating themselves?
Hello everyone, I'm playing a Megahood and this is a problem I've been having for a while. I'm stuck at Armand DeBateau's apartment lot because there are continuously Sims showing up... along with their clones.
Here is a picture of Heather Huffington and all of her clones (I'm sorry, I don't know how to upload pictures so I have to do it this way): http://i57.tinypic.com/rwkrnt.jpg
Now, I got this problem almost right after installing the Teleporter from Simlogical, so I figured it had to be that. I got rid of the Teleporter, yet the problem didn't go away so now I'm not sure whether it really is the Teleporter's fault. I haven't saved anything yet the same people (and their clones) keep showing up everytime I load the lot. First it was Heather Huffington, now it's some guy named Jared Starchild.

Everytime he comes onto the lot, I think he's trying to claim an apartment because there are still vacant apartments left and he constantly throws a tantrum with an apartment door in his thought bubble. Maybe that's why so much of his clones keep showing up at the lot too? Because the game is continuously trying to spawn someone to claim that apartment yet none of them can, for some reason?
Edit: I also believe he's from university (not sure though). Heather Huffington of course definitely is. Which might be the reason why he can't claim an apartment... but it doesn't explain why the game would want to spawn someone from uni for an apartment.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 7:55 PM
You said you'd taken out the Teleporter mod, but have you tried moving all of your CC out? Did you follow the FAQ? How did it go?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 7:57 PM
Is it just this one lot? Have you seen clones anywhere else?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 11:10 PM
Yes, moving all my CC out didn't work either. When I followed the FAQ the problem remained.
I haven't played many lots after that one... and not for long, too. But the lots I did load didn't seem to have that problem, so I think it's just that lot.