Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Apr 2014 at 1:32 AM Last edited by fiercedeity10 : 2nd Apr 2014 at 1:44 AM.
Default Custom Buy And Build Songs
Hello there! This is my first thread and I believe I have a peculiar problem. Mods can move the thread if they feel it necessary. I imported a number of custom songs in the buy and build category in the My Documents area of The Sims 2. That works perfectly fine, however, I only wanted that custom music to play. I deselected all music in the options except for my custom music, yet the base music still plays. There aren't dots next to the songs playing so I know they were deselected. I'm not sure how to fix this as I've restarted the game to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2014 at 5:42 PM
Ever since University, the game doesn't keep track on which playlist it's on. If you enter build mode, stick around there for a while, once the game's run out of music to play from build playlist, it'll switch to buy, and then cas, and then neighborhood.

Make sure you unselect music in both build and buy mode. If you don't want stock music to play at all, untick it from every catalog. Make sure you have at least one custom song in a catalog, because if you disable all stock music and have no custom music, the game will act like you haven't unticked anything at all.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Apr 2014 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DJ.
 Make sure you unselect music in both build and buy mode. If you don't want stock music to play at all, untick it from every catalog. Make sure you have at least one custom song in a catalog, because if you disable all stock music and have no custom music, the game will act like you haven't unticked anything at all.

I'll try this right now and see if it works.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Apr 2014 at 7:01 PM
It worked. Thank you for your help!
Locked thread | Locked by: julianarosalia Reason: solved