Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 1:56 PM
Default A way to disable expansions in the ultimate collection
I'd like to disable a few of the expansions in the sims 2 ultimate collection but have not found a way that works, does anybody know a way that works?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 2:20 PM
You could probably disable an individual collection pack by removing its exes from the registry key, which is how AGS works. I don't know if disabling an individual EP (Such as disabling just Pets instead of all of the EPs included in Fun With Pets) would work.

The verdict, I think, is to backup, try it, and see.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
#3 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 2:27 PM
Sadly the only way I know of is the Anygame Starter and unfortunately it has never been updated so that it works with all digital copies of the game. You have to have at least one game installed for the discs. It also has not been updated to work with any of the multi-game packs (University Life, Double Deluxe, Fun with Pets, Best of Business) other than Double Deluxe (at least I have never gotten to work well with AGS plus UL, FwP, or BoB.. others might have a different experience).

Simply deleting the folders is an absolute no-no once you have loaded your game and begun a family since it will corrupt your Sims and your Neighborhoods. So whatever you do DON'T DO THIS !!!

The only thing I can suggest at this point unless one of the modders feels like doing a new AGS that will work with Ultimate Collection and all digital copies of the game is to download some of the content hiders here on MTS for the EP/SP objects, clothes, and build mode items and if it is University, Bon Voyage, Open for Business, or Nightlife you don't want to run than just don't attach the sub-neighborhoods .. (edit what Whiterider said could also work but a lot of people are not real comfortable messing around with RegEdit so if you are one of those people this may be the only way to do this)

Maybe someone else will be of more help with this I have just picked up Sims 2 again after not playing for a few years (went to Sims 3 which I still play) so things may have changed over the last couple of years.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 11:40 AM
I hope there's a solution soon
Scholar
#5 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 5:43 PM
Why are you looking to disable some of the expansions? I'm asking because, while there might not be a way to disable the entire expansion, there might be a mod or hider that could nuke whatever you don't like about the expansion.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 11:43 AM
I'm looking to disable University, Open for Business, Pets and Seasons as they don't fit my play style for various reasons
Mad Poster
#7 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 12:45 PM
There are mods you can put in if you don't like some things.

University = just don't send Sims there.
OFB = just don't use Sim owned business.
Pets = Visitor Controller from simbology to ban pets.
Seasons = you can change all 4 to just 1 that you like, ie; all to summer, all to spring and so on.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158