Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 8:20 AM
Default Objects in inventory as result of good outcome for a chance card
I'm working on a set of careers and I was wondering if the following is possible at all. My guess is not, but it doesn't hurt to ask or maybe someone knows a way around this to get a similar result

Basically, I want my sim to receive an object rather than a monetary reward or higher skill level/promotion when having a good outcome for a chance card. Preferably something small, like a vase of flowers, certificate or something like that. The career is for teens/elders. As far as I'm aware, there isn't something like a career reward for them, is there? A construction like that would probably work too for the purpose of my career. Thank you!
Advertisement
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 10:58 AM
Yep, should be possible. Your career probably won't be compatible with other EP combinations though, since you'll need to import a bunch of BHAVs in from the career globals, and these change almost every EP. Take a quick look at Phae's design major ( http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=463349 ). It's a major, not a career, but the principles are pretty similar.
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 11:05 AM Last edited by Klaartje : 19th Jun 2014 at 10:01 AM.
Oh dear, what have I gotten myself into Thanks for the quick reply Echo Will have a look at Phae's design major when at home at my simming pc.

ETA: Just to let you know I've had a look at it. First time I've ever looked at BHAVs, found your tutorial so will start with trying that and then slowly making my way to understanding what Phae is doing in her major. Will come back when I have some more useful questions, other than 'halp'