Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 6:13 PM Last edited by grammapat : 6th Sep 2014 at 6:31 PM.
Default retro counters and matching floors & walls
A popular bath in the 70's was pink. Floors and walls were matching pink, or pink & white, or pink & black. Counters matched; yes, the horrible pink tile with black front edge; the body of the counter was light oak or white. Would be nice if they matched the pink of the retro kitchens I have (Shannanisims here)

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 2:37 AM
I'll keep an eye out but I haven't come across any yet. If I have time soon, I'll see if I can RC something for you. Which counters do you like? Let me know the one you want me to RC.

Completer sets help me feel complete!
Test Subject
#3 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 1:32 AM
Any particular design required? I can mesh but an awful at texturing lol (also I remember the 70's :D)
Drop me a PM if you find something you want meshing to fit in.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 2:10 AM
The retro stuff by Shannanisims uses a cheap counter, and recolors it to a bright pink. In my picture the pink is not as bright, but using HER color would be ok. I wouldn't care what counter was used. There are TONS on pictures of pink tile bathrooms; lots have the black edges, but some have some green in walls and/or floors. I have found pink tubs and toilets, but not the pink-tiled counters, and not matching pink tile walls (and the pinks are all different shades) . In the original houses the walls were often half-tiled, and had odd patterns- like my picture, where they went around tub, counters, windows in different ways.
I like the pink with white counter-bases, but in those days blond or light wood was popular. Mostly, I want all the pink (hexagon pink floor tiles, or pink and white squares; plumbing, tile on counter, walls of tile and partial tile) to be the same shade - preferable not as dark as Shannanisims.
I know nothing about creating - do the walls require a mesh? Or is everything just a re-color? So great that you two would like to try this! I remember those pink bathrooms - and having to rip them out of old houses (along with awful green shag).

Instructor
#5 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 2:56 AM
My mother in law had that pink and black tile bathroom, in that ghastly almost salmon pink. Her kitchen was similar, but in yellow and white tile instead. My house at that time had the green and black bathroom, but I remodeled the kitchen to have granite counters and the white tile with small black squares set on the diagonal for floor and backsplash. I made that black and white floor tile for my Sims game. But I think others have, too.
Scholar
#6 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 3:41 PM
Actually those bathrooms are not from the 70's, they are older. And I would LOVE a pink bathroom too, especially IRL.

http://savethepinkbathrooms.com

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 6:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SciBirg
Actually those bathrooms are not from the 70's, they are older. And I would LOVE a pink bathroom too, especially IRL.

http://savethepinkbathrooms.com

Thanks for info & link; I like 50-70 style (thanks Bozlove!), and you're right they were most popular in 50's.

Scholar
#8 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 2:45 AM
I am surprised you haven't found a jillion of these. Maybe in the Well Dressed SIm files? I forget where they are stored. Maybe the Graveyard? Saving the Sims?
Test Subject
#9 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 11:01 AM
Well...."Actually those bathrooms are not from the 70's, they are older. And I would LOVE a pink bathroom too, especially IRL."

I'm not only a mesher I'm a builder to never had anyone ask for a bathroom like that though in real life lol

@Grammapat;

The walls are really, really easy to do. Download "Homecrafter Plus" ; Found here

And you might like this tutorial also.

Quick tip: make your wall images 256x768 as the way Sims 2 processes the images in game will appear stretched if you use 256x512 (as it suggests)

If you get stuck and need any help just pop me a PM.
Instructor
#10 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RubberMan
Quick tip: make your wall images 256x768 as the way Sims 2 processes the images in game will appear stretched if you use 256x512 (as it suggests)

If you get stuck and need any help just pop me a PM.

No. Make your wall at 256x768 to get the right proportions. Then resize it to 256x512, pre-squeezing it so it will look right when the game stretches it. If you use 256x768 and do not resize it to 256x512 the wall will not show up in the game for a Mac user. They get a blank black wall, and that is broken custom content. Ask me how I know. Even one pixel off in any direction makes the wall not work on a Mac. That is why the tutorials all specify either creating at 256x512 or resizing the image to 256x512.
Test Subject
#11 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 10:28 PM
Oops thanks Rhiamom I appear to have forgotten to mention that lol!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 8:58 PM Last edited by maxon : 23rd Sep 2014 at 9:14 PM.
Default This is your fault Grammapat
I thought you might like to see this. I've been making quite a lot of recolours, walls and floors (and fixing stuff) over the last couple of weeks because I'm not working on Polgannon (something stressful happening at home and I can't concentrate on the writing). Your enquiry, Grammapat, inspired a bout of wall and floor making 50s style. I simply can't seem to get that pink bathroom out of my head.

I'm thinking maybe turquoise, chartreuse, lemon and candy apple red too. Chartreuse is a great colour. I seem to be fixated on it at the moment.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I thought you might like to see this. I've been making quite a lot of recolours, walls and floors (and fixing stuff) over the last couple of weeks because I'm not working on Polgannon (something stressful happening at home and I can't concentrate on the writing). Your enquiry, Grammapat, inspired a bout of wall and floor making 50s style. I simply can't seem to get that pink bathroom out of my head.

I'm thinking maybe turquoise, chartreuse, lemon and candy apple red too. Chartreuse is a great colour. I seem to be fixated on it at the moment.

Maxon, that looks great! If you want some other colour ideas, here's a link with one house's 5 bathrooms in different color combinations. http://retrorenovation.com/2013/02/...egon-13-photos/

I don't mesh but would happily try to make some time to do a cabinet/counter recolor. I rented a house once that had 2 of its 3 bathrooms the original pink tile. It was a bit pink overload for me with pink tile floor, half wall with paint being a peachy-pink & white sponge and all the pink plumbing items.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 10:46 PM
ME make something?!hahahaha
Maxon: love it! Want it! Gotta have it! oh,wait; are those counters tile? uh.. and the tub surround should match. Personally, I want authentic colors; I've seen the pink with a dull green. Also see darker salmon pink.

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 10:26 PM
GrammaPat - I recommend getting HP's backless showers here on MTS. That's what I always use, then you don't have to worry about the tub surround matching your wall tile because the wall covering shows through

Mad Poster
#16 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
ME make something?!hahahaha

Tutorials are your friend. If I can do it then you can definitely do it.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 11:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KSTrillian
GrammaPat - I recommend getting HP's backless showers here on MTS. That's what I always use, then you don't have to worry about the tub surround matching your wall tile because the wall covering shows through

Looks like it was actually Huge Lunatic.

https://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=283692
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#18 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 12:12 PM
Had another go at it. Adjusted the pink colour with more green and I'm happier with the result. Took out a layer of tiles so they don't go so far up. I think the proportion is better. Made a full wall tile too and used the backless shower tub to show it.

Think it makes a reasonable match to this:
http://i2.wp.com/i667.photobucket.c...esize=640%2C480
If you want it grammapat, I can stick it up on Mediafire for you. There are two walls and three tiled floors. I'll see about the other colours.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 1:56 PM
You should upload it to MTS! I'd go for it as well. Did you make the pink curtain and pink blinds as well, or are they from something else?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#20 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 3:07 PM
The pink curtain is a quick and dirty recolour for demonstration purposes (and I mean quick - not fancy at all), the blinds are EAxis. As for uploading here, I think I would probably not since they tend to like more elaborate texturing than I do (am capable of probably) plus I tend to prefer plain. It's a taste thing perhaps. The top of the half wall is taken from EAxis paste paint so the walls will blend with that but the texture of EAxis plain stuff is, well, very plain. My last set of walls I submitted here were rejected for this very reason - partly because I used the same EAxis texture on a half wall and they wanted something more textured. I want to keep the free uploading privilege I have for my other stuff too so don't want to risk another rejection. Anyway, I finished the colours I wanted to do (pink, lemon, turquoise, chartreuse and candy apple red). Here's the photofukkit link (rather than spam the thread with images):
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j...zpsc81d4b63.jpg
I've also branched out into wallpapers - this one is Chartreuse Stripes:
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j...zpsca7a3811.jpg
If you want them I'll stuff them in a zip and stick them on Mediafire.

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 3:47 PM
I want them.

The obsession with detail on here is why I have a minuscule MTS folder. I want my maxis match stuff to blend in with maxis stuff so I can use what came with the game with my CC.

The Brooke Family Legacy - Family Tree
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#22 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 4:24 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 26th Sep 2014 at 1:21 PM. Reason: Sorry
Inclined to agree Mechanon - there's a lot of really great stuff here but also a lot of over-fancy textures. For my tastes anyway.

mod edit: removed link, please use queue for sharing.

Mad Poster
#23 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 4:56 PM
Said the file was blocked for violation of their Terms of Service. :O
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#24 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Said the file was blocked for violation of their Terms of Service. :O

Eh? I test-downloaded it without problem. Is anyone else having the same problem? If you really want it Charity, send me a pm with your email? I can send it on.

Mad Poster
#25 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 3:44 AM
I tried it again. Turns out Mediafire was just f--king with me before. It wouldn't be the first time. DX

Thanks!
Page 1 of 2