Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#151 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 12:24 AM
I'd love to update, but I can't even get the damn patch to install in the first place. Some I/O error BS. I don't care enough to try and fix it just yet, though.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#152 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 12:51 AM
I agree with Element Leaf; can't install the patch either, and I tried several times. Wow.

Hrmm..maybe next month. ^-^
Theorist
#153 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
You can patch manually using this file: akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3_1.29.55.0140xx_update.exe

Out of interest I checked my launcher, and it - being a crappy piece of software - denied there being a patch as well.

I don't know about you but whenever I need to patch or download from the store, I always need to be logged into The Sims 3 Official site, Origin and the Launcher or I can't get anything. I get some message that it can't find the EADM. I log out of all 3 afterwards. I'm not getting this patch yet.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Forum Resident
#154 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 2:28 AM
I installed the newest patch and now my game keeps crashing every time I try to open any world, old or brand new. Even without any CC. This is why I will always love S2.

MaraLetsPlay on Youtube - Sims Let's Plays and Livestreams
Mara @ LJ - Downloads and stories
TS2 Patch and Pre-made Sim Archive | TS2 Townie/NPC Archive | TS3 Pre-made Sim Archive
Instructor
#155 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 2:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Angee411
Is anyone else having their cc furniture glitching and pretty much non usable? my sims are floating above the beds and I can't cook anything or use the counters. The slots are all messed up, it happened with patch 1.26, can anyone give me any information on this please?

I now have 1.29 but I'm worried that all furniture not specifically designed for patch 1.26 aren't going to work. :/ I spent my whole day downloading new furniture and I'm going to be sad if none of them will work.

Easily fixable at least with the 1.26 _rig fixer. Such as Grant Hess's... http://sims3.the-prof.net/forums/index.php?topic=1298.0
It's a simple click and drag.
May help.
Scholar
#156 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 3:51 AM
So I noticed on 1.29, when you set a lot time, all the community ones are the same but there's a dropdown under residential now. The choices are residential and "Ownable Lot". Any idea what that is?

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Field Researcher
#157 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 5:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Element Leaf
I'd love to update, but I can't even get the damn patch to install in the first place. Some I/O error BS. I don't care enough to try and fix it just yet, though.

Maybe you have Microsoft Security Essentials or some other scanner running while you're trying to patch? I did, and I got I/O errors until I turned MSE off. Then the patch installed without a hitch.

That hasn't happened with *any* of the previous patches.
Instructor
#158 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 5:33 AM
That is a reallllly old feature, but it sets lots to ownership for NPCs, I believe.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Field Researcher
#159 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 5:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
So I noticed on 1.29, when you set a lot time, all the community ones are the same but there's a dropdown under residential now. The choices are residential and "Ownable Lot". Any idea what that is?

That is only available for vacation world. from WA.
Scholar
#160 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 6:00 AM
From WA? Wow. This is the first I've ever had it. So I'm guessing that lets you set something as able to be purchased as a vacation home.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Mad Poster
#161 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 7:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Maranatah
I installed the newest patch and now my game keeps crashing every time I try to open any world, old or brand new. Even without any CC. This is why I will always love S2.

Maybe you have the store mode enabled. That caused trouble for some, there are instructions for disabling it on this thread, in case that was the problem.

I just patched. Removed CC and mods before installing, and so far haven't had any troubles. I just checked out the new trees. I'm all for getting new objects, but I really don't know what I'm going to be doing with those trees. Unless I one day decide to do a story about my Sims smoking pot and tripping, I doubt I'll be using those trees in my game.

The purple tree, with the fluffy floaty things, is actually so big, that because my tree detail is low, I can't even see the whole tree at once. I can see part of it, and the rest is blurry.
Mad Poster
#162 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 7:58 AM Last edited by lewisb40 : 17th Dec 2011 at 8:44 AM.
I just finished checking for updates on all my mods, I keep them in a folder named Hacks so I can check them easily. So after updating all my mods I removed the Mods folder and patched. Patched successfully and have no problems booting up the game and my saves. I am booting up now because I want a picture with the lot that have the Thrill Seeker's RH and those trippy trees that I find so nice. I absolutely love how they look on that lot. When I get a picture together, I will revise my post. I wish there were some bushes added, would have been nice.

To get a smaller size of the tree, just keep clicking on it until you can get the size you want. There is one tree that is very large and I couldn't use it on this lot.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#163 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 12:23 PM
That's awesome, lewisb40!

Off and on since CAW came out, I've been building a Southern Madagascar world. These trees won't look out of place at all in the Ifaty Forest section.

http://www.arkive.org/baobab/adanso...ge-G103387.html
Field Researcher
#164 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 5:06 PM Last edited by iheartcowcapoos : 17th Dec 2011 at 5:21 PM.
i keep getting these messages when i try to install the patch (see attached pictures). i can't possibly reinstall my game because the only game disc i have with me at school is pets. all my other ones are back home! i've tried a bunch of junk, like removing mods, deleting scripts, and removing that stupid version.txt file that keeps messing up but it keeps giving me the same message... i just want funny trees is that too much to ask?! i know there aren't many mac users out there but maybe you can still help if you're not a mac user?? =)
please help!

ps the third picture is after i click "view log" and the file in red is the only one that has an error

edit: all my mods are up to date as well
also- i don't know if this has anything to do with it but every now and then my game will tell me it is not a registered legal version of the sims 3 (it started doing this after i installed pets) which is strange since i've spent $40 on each of the stupid expansions and however much on the base game. all of my games are legal copies i've purchased from best buy. EA gives me headaches..
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#165 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iheartcowcapoos
i keep getting these messages when i try to install the patch (see attached pictures). i can't possibly reinstall my game because the only game disc i have with me at school is pets. all my other ones are back home!

If you think reinstalling will help, just do it with Pets only. I uninstalled and reinstalled Pets on my PC, then manually installed the patch. After patching the game, while happily downloading the free store items from the ingame shop, I got a messge telling me that there is a patch that needs installing, I cliked Ok, and it immediately told me that the game was updated and that was it. Game seems to be running fine now.
Mad Poster
#166 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rkalanu
That's awesome, lewisb40!

Off and on since CAW came out, I've been building a Southern Madagascar world. These trees won't look out of place at all in the Ifaty Forest section.

http://www.arkive.org/baobab/adanso...ge-G103387.html

Wow, that is cool. There is a super large, spiny tree that would fit nicely with your world. I just didn't use it cause no matter how many times I clicked it, the size got larger. I was afraid it would envelop the whole lot.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Inventor
#167 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 12:01 AM
I didn't have any issues at all patching. I do run the launcher as administrator. I am running Windows 7 and ever since Windows Vista, I just automatically run programs 'as administrator'. The patch downloaded and installed no problem. After that, I went to the SimStore and downloaded some free content that was advertised on a thread here. Everything went just fine.
Field Researcher
#168 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 12:08 AM
well it still didn't work. stupid version.txt file. i give up. i'll just go on with life.... living without the awesome trees.. ='(
i think i have to uninstall the base game..... lame
Test Subject
#169 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Purity4
I didn't have any issues at all patching. I do run the launcher as administrator. I am running Windows 7 and ever since Windows Vista, I just automatically run programs 'as administrator'. The patch downloaded and installed no problem. After that, I went to the SimStore and downloaded some free content that was advertised on a thread here. Everything went just fine.

Same here. Of course, I don't play with CC, and I only use a few of Twallan's mods - which I made sure were updated.
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 1:18 AM
I just tested out one of my saves with the new patch, and everything works fine for me, so far. At least everything except for the major lag that has been occuring since I installed the 1.26 patch

I have no EPs or SPs yet though, so my smooth run might have something to do with that.
Instructor
#171 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 5:03 AM
It says its going to take me 8 hours to download....

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Field Researcher
#172 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 6:22 AM
i can't possibly reinstall my game because the only game disc i have with me at school is pets.

If you really need to reinstall and you don't mind dealing with Origin you can do it digitally, without any discs, if your game is registered you should be able to download and install it through Origin no problem.

As for the patch everything works fine for me, I hope I'm not gonna jinx it by posting this
Forum Resident
#173 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 9:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
In a New York minute. (I have no idea what that means, but it sounds good.)

A survey was conducted in cities across the United States in the late 1970s asking
random passers by to tell the interviewer when they thought 60 seconds had passed.
The interviewer recorded the elapsed time. Citizens of the city of New York had the
widest margin of error, consistently estimating one minute had passed in the space of
thirty seconds. That's what a New York minute means. I'm old. I was there when it
happened.
Field Researcher
#174 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 12:58 PM
My patch downloaded fine, I am just too scared to try the game, plus I have been playing sims 2 while I build up the courage to see what carnage it's caused (if any).
Alchemist
#175 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lenglel
A survey was conducted in cities across the United States in the late 1970s asking
random passers by to tell the interviewer when they thought 60 seconds had passed.
The interviewer recorded the elapsed time. Citizens of the city of New York had the
widest margin of error, consistently estimating one minute had passed in the space of
thirty seconds. That's what a New York minute means. I'm old. I was there when it
happened.

This is getting more fascinating every day. Thanks for the info!
Field Researcher
#176 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lexylu
If you really need to reinstall and you don't mind dealing with Origin you can do it digitally, without any discs, if your game is registered you should be able to download and install it through Origin no problem.

As for the patch everything works fine for me, I hope I'm not gonna jinx it by posting this

aahh i didn't know you could download it from origin if you bought the physical copy. good info to know for the future. i might as well just wait until i go home for christmas on wednesday. i think i can wait until then...
i usually never patch the game because it either screws up the game or it messes up my CC hair and all my sims end up bald and they don't go back to normal until a patch or two later... sims 3 for mac problems.. =P

i'm so jealous of everyone's awesome trees!
Mad Poster
#177 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lenglel
happened.

I have grown up using that phrase, never knew where it comes from. Thanks for providing the information.

Test Subject
#178 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 10:07 PM
Hi! i HAVE A BUNCH OF MODS THAT i USE AND EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM WAS WORKING RIGHT UP UNTIL PETS. ALOT OF THEM STOPPED THEN BUT i WAS DEALING.....THEN THIS 1.29 PATCH REALLY REALLY MESSED CC UP! DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM AND IF YOU DO, DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS
TO ME ON HOW TO GET AT LEAST A FEW OF MY MODS WORKING AGAIN? THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ANYONE THAT WILL CHAT WITH ME ABOUT THIS!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#179 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 10:08 PM
Nunya3248 - Please use the Help section when you need help, and please don't type in all caps. Thanks.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#180 Old 19th Dec 2011 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
Brilliant. I had a RL relative whose hubcaps were stolen, then a guy came by trying to sell him hubcaps and they were the same ones. Hadn't thought of applying that to on-line commerce.
This is when you whop him over the head and take them back while nobody's watching. Who's he going to tell?

And seriously, don't let that shit connect to the Internet. It's EVIL SPYWARE.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Forum Resident
#181 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
And seriously, don't let that shit connect to the Internet. It's EVIL SPYWARE.
But Pescado! What about the featured Store items in Buy Mode? I NEED MY IN-GAME MICROTRANSACTIONS.
Test Subject
#182 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 9:12 PM
Default Problem with Patch 1.29 for Macs
I'm not sure if anyone has talked about this already in previous posts, but ever since I downloaded the latest patch, my cc hair and accessories (mainly body piercings) have stopped working properly. For example, HystericalParoxysm's Cherub hair is flat and looks like a low cut. Some cc hair show up partially and some not at all. I have cleared out all the custom content that wasn't working. Recently, I have re-downloaded some cc in .sims3pack files and they seem to work now, but the cc that I re-downloaded in .package still don't work properly.
Test Subject
#183 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 9:13 PM
Default Oh yeah...
And I don't have the Pets expansion pack.
Scholar
#184 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 9:20 PM
That's odd, I haven't noticed any differences in my CC hair. I'll check the Cherub hair just to make sure (haven't had a need for it lately) though, maybe I'm looking at the wrong CC? *shrugs*
Mad Poster
#185 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by arsenica
I'm not sure if anyone has talked about this already in previous posts, but ever since I downloaded the latest patch, my cc hair and accessories (mainly body piercings) have stopped working properly. For example, HystericalParoxysm's Cherub hair is flat and looks like a low cut. Some cc hair show up partially and some not at all. I have cleared out all the custom content that wasn't working. Recently, I have re-downloaded some cc in .sims3pack files and they seem to work now, but the cc that I re-downloaded in .package still don't work properly.

Are you on a Mac? I know Mac players have problems with CC hair.

Personally, I haven't had a problem with any of my CC hair or accessories. I have been fixing up lots of townies and gave my sim a makeover. BTW, I am on a PC.

Test Subject
#186 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 5:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Are you on a Mac? I know Mac players have problems with CC hair.

Personally, I haven't had a problem with any of my CC hair or accessories. I have been fixing up lots of townies and gave my sim a makeover. BTW, I am on a PC.

Yes I'm on a Mac. It's weird because some of the hair and accessories work fine while others are totally messed up. I just hope there is a solution to the problem cause I REALLY found the Cherub hair and a whole bunch of Aikea-Guinea's hair useful... >.>
Eminence Grise
#187 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 9:41 AM
Guys, please read HP's post 139 above This is turning into a "my game doesn't work" thread... for issues from other patches ><

For tech issues, go to the resources under the Help menu. If you don't find your answer in a FAQ, try the Help Q+A forum.
Instructor
#188 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 5:17 PM
Store mode is making me nauseous. EA should stop being money grubbing fools, and make good games (expansions mostly) for a change. What I hate most is that I still can't install store stuff (It gives me the check your software message) even though I am fully updated.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Field Researcher
#189 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 11:47 AM
I haven't patched yet, and I won't do it untill all the hacks and mods I use, are updated. I don't trust the patch now, because there are many threads in Help section where people write about the new patch causing problems in their game, mostly borking their CC. So, I'll wait till everything is clear about this, and all the CC problems are fixed.

And now, about those new trees, EA 'd better released them together with their alien world if they're planning to make one, because, well, where will they go in a normal world of any kind?
Something tells me they'll just make an alien world with lots of weird stuff and upload it to Store for us to buy, and there will be no brand new interactions and functions like abductions, heh... I wish I were wrong about that though.
Field Researcher
#190 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 10:08 AM
I still haven't tried my game either, from the sounds of this thread and others it's just as well!
Lab Assistant
#191 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
Pets is drastically higher in graphics requirements than the other EPs...

Gah. I installed Pets Saturday, and my performance was in the toilet. My shiny new graphics card fixed that though
Field Researcher
#192 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 8:53 PM
all i wanted was the cool trees and after uninstalling all of my games and reinstalling TWICE to get the patch to finally download and install, the trees aren't there!! wtf? unless they're in some weird category i'm missing...
Instructor
#193 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 5:45 AM
Does anyone even play with shop mode enabled? I can't really imagine why. I'm just wondering about how effective their marketing strategy is.

There's something about EA placing ads in a game I've already bought and paid for that rubs me the wrong way. I mean, if TS3 was a free-to-play, then in-game ads would be appropriate.

And no, I will not pay $15 for a pixel furniture set and no amount shoving-it-in-my-face will convince me to buy it.

♥ ❤ ❥ Tumblr (which I never update) ♥ ❤ ❥
My Blog
Eminence Grise
#194 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 5:48 AM
all i wanted was the cool trees and after uninstalling all of my games and reinstalling TWICE to get the patch to finally download and install, the trees aren't there!! wtf? unless they're in some weird category i'm missing...

They're in the "tree" category.
Field Researcher
#195 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 5:10 PM
yes well, logic did tell me that, but they still aren't there. i've given up on expecting my game to work correctly =P
Theorist
#196 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 2:25 AM
yes well, logic did tell me that, but they still aren't there. i've given up on expecting my game to work correctly =P

Just thought I'd throw this in ... those trees won't have any icons on them. They'll be lumped with the base game stuff. Hard to see unless you try and put them down. That's how I found mine.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Page 4 of 4