Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 12:08 PM
I really like the idea of implementing rules into the game and I would love to do so myself but I'm not really sure where to begin. Does anyone have any advice?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by L0LZ111
I really like the idea of implementing rules into the game and I would love to do so myself but I'm not really sure where to begin. Does anyone have any advice?

I'm not sure what you mean by that. If you mean you aren't sure what kind of rules you would want to use, reading this thread gives for sure some ideas. If you mean you aren't sure how to make rules actually apply in game, most of the people here do it with combination of hacks and cheats. With hacks you ofc first have to know what you are looking for (I always knew I wanted them to have less money), while list of cheats is easier to find and it's enough you read some good guide for boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true.
Test Subject
#78 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 12:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Acadia
I'm not sure what you mean by that. If you mean you aren't sure what kind of rules you would want to use, reading this thread gives for sure some ideas. If you mean you aren't sure how to make rules actually apply in game, most of the people here do it with combination of hacks and cheats. With hacks you ofc first have to know what you are looking for (I always knew I wanted them to have less money), while list of cheats is easier to find and it's enough you read some good guide for boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true.

I mean I'm not entirely sure how I would implement things such as a health care system, punishment system and a 'can only get a certain job if you have a certain degree' rule seeing as some premades have careers in fields only obtainable if they have a degree. I guess my point is I'm not entirely sure how I can just implement rules I really want in my hood in just like that.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#79 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 12:55 PM
That depends on what you want to do and your vision for your hood. A few of us play with motivation levels which help decide what sims are allowed to do. Some people have very complex rules and some of us fairly simple rules.

One of the best things for my game was discovering self supporting hoods. Again here, you can play from the simple to the very complex. The basic idea behind this is each sim plays a part in keeping the hood running and you try and have playables fill the needed roles. When used with motivation levels it helps you see which sims will be suited for what areas. Highly motivated sims are the ones who gain higher education and fill roles such as Dr's. Average sims may or may not be college educated while low motivation sims take jobs such as being a gardener. The way I work motivation level is I add how many neat and active points a sim has and take away the playful points. Any sim who scores 8+ is an over achiver, those 1 to 7 are average and those 0 or less are low motivation. I have rules for what each level of sim may do and highly motivated sims are all set as smart on the Bat Box. So for example your well of family would like a maid, but instead of calling for a service NPC, you arrange it so a playable is the maid. This can be from setting up Christianlov's NPC maker which allows a playable to be used, to using a telporter to bring them to the lot, doing the job, paying them and zapping them back home or making the NPC look like your playable maid. I use the second option. I do that with the gardener, repairman and exterminator. I'm not as strict as some people, so if there is still too much work I would call in an NPC as well. I tend to figure my playables are simply representing those available in a particular career. A real town would probably have a number of gardening or cleaning services and I don't want to replicate that as that would be far too many sims.

So think about what your town needs to run and decide which parts interest you. Some people have gone as far as setting up a wind power plant and having a sim own it. I never have although the idea of a lot to represent where the power comes from I might do. A police station to represent the police, a fire station to represent the fire service etc. You then decide do you want sims to run these buildings or are they just for looks. Certain places are more fun than others. I enjoy running the school as there are good working mods for these. The fire station is somewhat boring because even though I use a fire fighting career and i use a deco fire pole with invisible 'stairs' there isn't a lot they can do at his house/fire department, so I have set up a small shop there for selling smoke detectors, toy fire trucks etc.

setting up a self sufficient hood is a long ongoing project. A good way to start is with a couple on a farm. You have the choice to set them up with money and badges or have them start from scratch. Once that is producing food add in a grocery store or a convenience type store and a sim to run it. Using simwardrobes packing station the farmer can sell to the store owner who then resells it. If you don't want townies to buy your hard earned produce you can ban them with the vistior controller or use clean and empty templates. You would then need to have enough playables to buy produce and items from the shop. You might like one to work at the shop restocking or on the till and a few to take other jobs such as the police officer, a pub/restaurant owner, a school teacher, a postal worker, a firefighter and a minister. Most small towns have those things in place. If you start of with townies you can add in playables slowly.

I hope some of that made sense.

Also seeing some posts pop up before I finished writing mine, you can do pretty much anything with mods. Assign any job, give diplomas, badges, whatever you need.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#80 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 1:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
That depends on what you want to do and your vision for your hood. A few of us play with motivation levels which help decide what sims are allowed to do. Some people have very complex rules and some of us fairly simple rules.

One of the best things for my game was discovering self supporting hoods. Again here, you can play from the simple to the very complex. The basic idea behind this is each sim plays a part in keeping the hood running and you try and have playables fill the needed roles. When used with motivation levels it helps you see which sims will be suited for what areas. Highly motivated sims are the ones who gain higher education and fill roles such as Dr's. Average sims may or may not be college educated while low motivation sims take jobs such as being a gardener. The way I work motivation level is I add how many neat and active points a sim has and take away the playful points. Any sim who scores 8+ is an over achiver, those 1 to 7 are average and those 0 or less are low motivation. I have rules for what each level of sim may do and highly motivated sims are all set as smart on the Bat Box. So for example your well of family would like a maid, but instead of calling for a service NPC, you arrange it so a playable is the maid. This can be from setting up Christianlov's NPC maker which allows a playable to be used, to using a telporter to bring them to the lot, doing the job, paying them and zapping them back home or making the NPC look like your playable maid. I use the second option. I do that with the gardener, repairman and exterminator. I'm not as strict as some people, so if there is still too much work I would call in an NPC as well. I tend to figure my playables are simply representing those available in a particular career. A real town would probably have a number of gardening or cleaning services and I don't want to replicate that as that would be far too many sims.

So think about what your town needs to run and decide which parts interest you. Some people have gone as far as setting up a wind power plant and having a sim own it. I never have although the idea of a lot to represent where the power comes from I might do. A police station to represent the police, a fire station to represent the fire service etc. You then decide do you want sims to run these buildings or are they just for looks. Certain places are more fun than others. I enjoy running the school as there are good working mods for these. The fire station is somewhat boring because even though I use a fire fighting career and i use a deco fire pole with invisible 'stairs' there isn't a lot they can do at his house/fire department, so I have set up a small shop there for selling smoke detectors, toy fire trucks etc.

setting up a self sufficient hood is a long ongoing project. A good way to start is with a couple on a farm. You have the choice to set them up with money and badges or have them start from scratch. Once that is producing food add in a grocery store or a convenience type store and a sim to run it. Using simwardrobes packing station the farmer can sell to the store owner who then resells it. If you don't want townies to buy your hard earned produce you can ban them with the vistior controller or use clean and empty templates. You would then need to have enough playables to buy produce and items from the shop. You might like one to work at the shop restocking or on the till and a few to take other jobs such as the police officer, a pub/restaurant owner, a school teacher, a postal worker, a firefighter and a minister. Most small towns have those things in place. If you start of with townies you can add in playables slowly.

I hope some of that made sense.

Also seeing some posts pop up before I finished writing mine, you can do pretty much anything with mods. Assign any job, give diplomas, badges, whatever you need.

I like the idea of self supporting hoods but I have literally no patience when it comes to projects like that. On the other hand it could improve my town building skills. I'll think about it. Another thing I'm kind of conflicted about are pre established sims like mayors - on one hand I could just cheat to give them a good position in their career but that seems like really lazy, yet if I don't it makes no sense that from a storytelling standpoint they're the mayor but from a gameplay standpoint they're merely a intern or that a town doesn't have a mayor. Another thing is that in the premade hoods I've already chosen my sims path based on their LTW rather than anything else. I have HP's Uber Megahood, which I've barely played, that I could use to start over but I don't want to abandon all the premades that I've invested a lot of time in. I guess I'm just indecisive.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#81 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 2:04 PM
Remember you can set up nearly anything with cheats, so pre-mades can have LTW changed and if they were level 7 in one career you simply switch them to level 7 in the new one - if you want to change them at all. You could start the rules for born in sims only and develop it slowly. There are also quite a few downloadable buildings around if you don't want to build.

I do have slightly different rules for CAS made sims compared to born in sims. If the sim is an adult they would have had to have learnt something over their life. Self supporting hoods can also be as simple or as complex as you like. Instead of a farmer selling produce to the grocery store you can simply have a farm and pretend he does or have no farm at all and say it comes trucked in from another city. There is a lot of leeway as to how you want to run things. You could try something like motivation levels and add in other things as you want to.

This is why i said you can set them up or play from scratch. I have started from scratch in a way as I extracted Sue Pleasant and set her and her daughters up with the same skills and relationships with each other and in the house next door I placed Malcolm Landgraab and each one is running for mayor. They each get played for an equal amount of time and I shall see who makes it first. The Llama Party or the Social Bunny party. Right now I am pretending my town has a mayor.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#82 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by L0LZ111
I like the idea of self supporting hoods but I have literally no patience when it comes to projects like that. On the other hand it could improve my town building skills. I'll think about it. Another thing I'm kind of conflicted about are pre established sims like mayors - on one hand I could just cheat to give them a good position in their career but that seems like really lazy, yet if I don't it makes no sense that from a storytelling standpoint they're the mayor but from a gameplay standpoint they're merely a intern or that a town doesn't have a mayor. Another thing is that in the premade hoods I've already chosen my sims path based on their LTW rather than anything else. I have HP's Uber Megahood, which I've barely played, that I could use to start over but I don't want to abandon all the premades that I've invested a lot of time in. I guess I'm just indecisive.

Rules can slowly be added in a pre-existing neighborhood. For instance, I've made rules for careers - what type of education you need to have for certain levels in a career. For instance, Sims in my neighborhood can become a law firm receptionist (Law career level 2) with just high school (=Maxis school for teens, until I set up my own school), but they cannot become a personal injury attorney (Law career level 6) with out a degree from the university. When I first implemented that rule, it counted for all sims who were teen or younger. So my adult sim already in the Law career didn't have to worry about not having a uni degree. I'll play with the rule in place like this for a while, but eventually I'll add the caveat that the university degree must be somewhat realistic. No, you cannot become a lawyer with an arts degree. But for now, any degree will do.

That's a fairly big rule, but it can count for smaller rules too. I've made wearing glasses "genetic", as in I roll for the chance a child has to wear glasses. Both parents without glasses is 1/6, one parent with glasses 3/6 and two parents with glasses 5/6 chance of needing glasses. I also roll for elders, they have a 2/6 chance of needing glasses after their elder birthday. When I implemented that rule it was going forward, so everyone who already had their child or elder birthdays I didn't use this rule for.

So, decide what you want a rule for. Can be you want your sims poorer, so rules that have to do with money. Start with a simple rule, like taxes. Decide how much and how often your sims need to pay taxes and just implement that one rule. Could be, your sims are poort enough with that and you don't need additional rules. Could be, your sims still get rich fairly fast, so think about rules that limit that. Maybe limit when/how often they can skill, or the maximum job level they can gain without certain education, or put in a slower skilling hack. Just take it one thing and one rule at a time, play with that rule in and then decide after a while if you need more rules and what they should be. Having rules in your game should make it more fun to play, not make you dread it!
Test Subject
#83 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 3:31 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, I've made some relatively straightforward rules that I hope won't be too difficult to follow. I still haven't made up my mind on creating my own town but if I do, the mayor will probably be a CAS sim who I max out all the skills for, that doesn't sound too cheaty, does it?
Scholar
#84 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 3:39 PM
I also have tax. Since I have no mods, and I rarely use cheats, I get my sims to buy small decorations when they hire taxis, and once a week they must buy a useless decoration and stuff it in their inventory for the tax.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#85 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 10:22 PM
Unlike a lot of self sustaining hood players I don't use Taxes. Many of my sims are poor due to the mods I use. I use halved wages, slower skilling, slower aspiration gain, harder grades but also double life to give them more time. Without mods to make things harder I found sims were getting wealthy far too easily and born in sims would have far too many skills by college age and that platinum life bar would fill too fast. Some players like to gather tax and decide when a uni can be built. I simply say the current bills are the tax and place buildings as needed including a uni hood and a main hood uni building, a usable one. That is for my college sims not going onto to uni but who need more education than a high school diploma.

As for the mayor think about what will be fun for you and what you want to do with him/her. Many people do that when they want a mayor to collect taxes but often isn't played. If you do want to play the mayor you will need a plan for what to do with them so they won't be boring.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#86 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 10:28 AM
I have lower wages, slower skilling, higher bills, any school that isn't public pays tuition, university fees...and my sims still end up with too much money. My tax just disappears into the aether -- I don't have a dedicated tax collector and I build up my hoods as and when needed (typically I like to have a lot of infrastructure down).

Seeing as I last posted back in 2012(!), I set up a whole mess of laws that can be found on my Dreamwidth account under this tag (also on LJ, same name, same tag).
Alchemist
#87 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 10:57 AM
Just a little request, does anyone have any tips where I can find such mods as lower wages, slower skilling, higher bills etc (what Katya mentioned). I think it's time that I make this game harder.
Test Subject
#88 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Unlike a lot of self sustaining hood players I don't use Taxes. Many of my sims are poor due to the mods I use. I use halved wages, slower skilling, slower aspiration gain, harder grades but also double life to give them more time. Without mods to make things harder I found sims were getting wealthy far too easily and born in sims would have far too many skills by college age and that platinum life bar would fill too fast. Some players like to gather tax and decide when a uni can be built. I simply say the current bills are the tax and place buildings as needed including a uni hood and a main hood uni building, a usable one. That is for my college sims not going onto to uni but who need more education than a high school diploma.

As for the mayor think about what will be fun for you and what you want to do with him/her. Many people do that when they want a mayor to collect taxes but often isn't played. If you do want to play the mayor you will need a plan for what to do with them so they won't be boring.

I quite like the idea of a community college type thing. Perhaps to qualify for any college sims must get a B or higher in high school, then to qualify for the 'elite' universities, Sim State, La Fiesta Tech or the Veronaville one sims must have a least 1 scholarship or can pay a hefty amount of money. I've started fresh with the Uber Megahood and have already placed the three main universities, I won't delete them seeing I don't see them as sub hoods for a neighbourhood but large campuses like Harvard. Also, when you say main hood college building do you mean a dorm? Sorry to sound really stupid but I've heard of a mod by someone on MATY to enable main hood college education but they just stay on the same lot that they resided on before aging up into a YA.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#89 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 1:14 PM
It was a highschool that I turned into a dorm so it has a lot of skilling 'classes' in the building with small dorm rooms on the top floor. The sims leave for classes and dormies turn up just the same as always. I only have three enrolled there, two stay in the dorm and the third lives at home and goes to class from his parents house. he doesn't actually use the dorm/college at all, but since he lives around the corner and down the road from it I pretend he is walking there.

My thread on this subject: https://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=515762

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#90 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 3:02 PM
I don't do taxes per say, but I do have fines that I force sims to pay when they violate the very few Laws I have.

1. Sim children and teens Must go to school, parents are fined when their children miss school. 250 simoleons
2. Kicking over trash cans is illegal. If caught, (meaning I see them in the act) 600 simoleons
3. Teenagers caught sneaking out by the police will give their parents a 160 simoleon fine.
4. Newspaper and lawn deco stealing is a 200 simoleon fine not including NPC
5. Citizens will be fines 800 simoleons for public fighting, who ever attacked first is responsible for the fine.

If I notice a sim who is a playable or a townie, is a repeated offender, I will send them into the county jail. Each subhood in each neighborhood has one and the inmates may remain for one- two seasons minimum. Once out they are on "probation" I will try to make them do friendly actions, repair broken relationships as part of a at home rehabilitation program. If they break the law continuously, they will end up on death row. Where the warden will use Paladin's stink ray instead of lethal injection. But this is only for the rarest of cases. So far we never had to use it yet!

Overall, my neighborhoods (states) are pretty calm and peaceful. And I think it's a pretty good system at least for my style of playing.

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Field Researcher
#91 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frenchyxo22
I don't do taxes per say, but I do have fines that I force sims to pay when they violate the very few Laws I have.

1. Sim children and teens Must go to school, parents are fined when their children miss school. 250 simoleons
2. Kicking over trash cans is illegal. If caught, (meaning I see them in the act) 600 simoleons
3. Teenagers caught sneaking out by the police will give their parents a 160 simoleon fine.
4. Newspaper and lawn deco stealing is a 200 simoleon fine not including NPC
5. Citizens will be fines 800 simoleons for public fighting, who ever attacked first is responsible for the fine.

If I notice a sim who is a playable or a townie, is a repeated offender, I will send them into the county jail. Each subhood in each neighborhood has one and the inmates may remain for one- two seasons minimum. Once out they are on "probation" I will try to make them do friendly actions, repair broken relationships as part of a at home rehabilitation program. If they break the law continuously, they will end up on death row. Where the warden will use Paladin's stink ray instead of lethal injection. But this is only for the rarest of cases. So far we never had to use it yet!
Your jail is a lot nicer than my jail. If you break one of my rules, you get sent to jail immediately. Fighting, kicking trash cans, sneaking out, playing hooky, child neglect, and whatever else they do that makes me go, "There should be a law!".

There are three levels of jail in my jail.
Category Three prisoners are low-risk and are allowed the freedom to wander inside the prison whenever they wish. Sneak out, miss school, etc., you get put in a Category Three cell. Prisoners aren't kept for very long in Category Three.
Category Two prisoners are for violent offenders. Fight, kick a can, etc., you get put in Category Two. You're only allowed a few hours to wander each day, but you are permitted to interact with other Category Two prisoners whenever. Prisoners are kept for a maximum of one age transition.
Category One prisoners are the lowest of the low. They are kept for their lives or until they do something that gets them executed. Repeat offenders are sent here, as well as people who fight inside my prison, and anyone who tries to escape. Category One prisoners are allowed to interact with one another for two hours per day, but that privilege can be taken away.

I'm thinking all through the night
I could be yours just like before
Rewrite another try
'Cause we've had the loneliest time
Scholar
#92 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 4:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
Just a little request, does anyone have any tips where I can find such mods as lower wages, slower skilling, higher bills etc (what Katya mentioned). I think it's time that I make this game harder.

(Seeing as I have some spare time while debugging my brand new 'hood [no not bitter or annoyed or anything like that...])

Harder Grades (University edition -- reduces the amount the meter fills up for assignments, group study, and a separate one requiring term papers to get A+)
Lower Fish Prices (varying reductions in the prices of fish)
More Realistic Yields (increases yield of fruit trees to be more realistic, but also reduces price)
Random Job Offer (random number of job offers for both paper and computer, ranging between 0-3 and 0-5 respectively instead of always 3/5. Choose either higher percentages for lower numbers offered, or equal chances for all).
Bigger Bills (what it says on the tin) OR The bigger bills mod from this increased challenge collection (three options, 2.5x higher, 4x higher plus $100, or 10x higher)
Cheaper Restaurant guides (brings their value way down)
Edukashun iz Gud (need to get a degree to stand even a reasonable chance of being promoted to the top[/url]
Fake Townie Sales (stops townies being loaded down with items that you can sell off for easy cash when they move in)
Fragile Permaplat (a big enough fear can break even a permaplat elder)
Job Stoppinator (ability to forcibly halt a sim's promotions even if a chance card gives one)
Lower Wages (reduces wages in line with the base game) OR More Realistic Payment (reduces wages for all careers; I use this one)
No Life Insurance (you get NOTHING when a sim dies of old age)
No Reputation Rewards (none of the "you seem like a cool sim, let me give you an $8k TV", pick and mix and I leave the reputation bump in)
Random Chance Cards (every chance card option has a 50-50 shot of being right...or wrong)
Slower LTA Gain (more helpful in a slower aging game)
Smark Milk Fix (stops toddlers being stuck as super-geniuses)
Harder Grades (child and teen version. V1 uses just the logic skill, V2 uses apiration and interests. I just use V1)
Uni Careers Hack (changes up what jobs need a degree. No more does an artist need a degree but a doctor doesn't)
Slower Skill Gain (options of 2hr, 6hr, or 28hr)

There's also no20khandouts and expensiveNPCs over at moreawesomethanyou, but I don't think I can link to them individually (I think they're in a huge mod pack).

I do balance it out a little with College scholarships for talent badges. $1,250 for every silver or higher talent badge, because a sim who works after school at their parent's business is just as hard-working as a sim who has a part-time job.
Instructor
#93 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 5:30 PM
Omg Portaller I absolutely love that idea! Yes your jail and punishments are more realistic :D

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Helptato
#94 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 9:33 PM
I don't have many rules as of now. But I have a list of ideas to implement in some of my hoods that I need to get round to doing.

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Test Subject
#95 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
I have a charter of sim rights in my 'hood, and they're usually just in place for realism concerns. I have these written out already and play by them with a lot of money math to do in between. :P

- If a sim couple is constantly is fighting in front of their children, or neglects/hates their children, the children will be placed with extended family or family friends, or worst case in a foster home until they either reconcile, divorce and find stable homes, or until they're 3 days from adulthood. The parents have the potential to go to jail.

- If a sim cannot support herself when she has a child, (ie, she lives alone in a scuzzy apartment and works a level one job with barely any pay) the child is placed in care. The same goes for any sort of sex worker - have a child, placed in care. I do this because I want every sim to have a great life!

- A sim can go to jail for kidnapping, abandonment, rape, murder, attempted murder, domestic abuse, public drunkenness, indecent exposure, disturbing the peace, failure to show up in "court" (a fun little proceeding I do for the screenshots), not paying child support, not paying a mortgage, not paying a loan, theft over £1000, possession of an illegal substance and/or object (a virus, hydroponic garden, grim reaper phone, skill harvester or a cowplant), child abuse and/or neglect, failure to cooperate with police and break & enter. FUN FUN FUN. I currently have four sims in jail for murder, kidnapping/domestic abuse/rape, indecent exposure/public drunkenness, and not paying child support.

- Every sim has the right to assisted suicide, abortion, a marriage to any gender, the ability to arrange a child's marriage, adoption*, fostering a child*, a loan and a home (read: shitty tenement) provided by the government. *Unless charged with abuse.

- Sims have the right to leave their job at any time, but not every sim qualifies for a pension. If a sim retains their job above level 5 into elderhood, they qualify. Obtaining a job as an elder, or not being at level 5 by elderhood, means they do not qualify.

- Healthcare is NOT free unless you are on a program that you pay £300 a week for, and believe me, not everyone can afford it. Healthcare include vaccinations (£200 otherwise), abortions (£650 otherwise), pregnancy support (£750 otherwise), labour at a registered hospital (£8500 otherwise), a midwife (£100 otherwise), a therapist's visit (£500 otherwise), curing of a disease (£4000 otherwise, and in special cases even more) and pregnancy tests (£80 otherwise.)

- If you have stolen property or money, reporting it via phone to the police will result in your valuables replaced free of charge with proof of it being missing.

- Certain sims are glitched in my game and will never die (NO MATTER WHAT, believe me, I've tried) - currently, two old men, a teenaged male and an adult woman. I call these people the Eternals, and their job is to take care of the foster children in the community. They are exceptionally good at it even with Free Will on, and surprisingly none of them are Family sims. They can also get through any locked door without trouble, and never have low needs. I don't know why this is, but hey . . . it helps! :D

- If a sim obtains three abortions, they are no longer allowed another abortion for one full rotation of each of the four seasons.

- Alien children are just a nuisance to the genetics in my 'hood, so I usually either send them off to a special encampment where they can roam free (think of it as a war on Aliens if you must) with other occults.

Is there a mod that you can allow your sims to murder or get healthcare charges?
Instructor
#96 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 5:23 PM
There's several different guns on several sites (simlogical is one, I think) that you can use to kill another sim. Healthcare I don't know.
Mad Poster
#97 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 3:12 PM
That kind of thing most people charge for manually using a cheat or some kind of modded object.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 3:57 PM
One more thing I do in my game beside making other things more difficult is limiting dates. I have harder challenge hack that effects some of dates motive boosts and wishes they roll at first, but I still find dates boost sims aspirations far too much, so I only let sims go for them if they roll the date wish. End result is romance and pleasure sims enjoy the advantage of easy happiness in this area if they got time, but popularity sims roll it less it often and family and fortune sims tend to want to go for dates only occasionally, often spring time... and knowledge sims don't seem to do it almost at all. This makes perfect sense to me and makes romance and pleasure sims a bit more effective in maintaining difficult balance between their skills, career, happiness and possible family life
My date rule makes ofc my romance and pleasure sims generally happier, but on the other hand those sims don't take life too serious and they still need to work hard in my system for all the other things that don't contribute for their happiness. It also makes some sense to romance sims too being apparently slightly tempted to marry for money (positive memory of marriage).
As I play households in sync, I have added some extra spices to sims romantic lives such as every significant romantic action must be repeated on both households, and this includes also dates even if sim didn't roll any wish for them - so even sims who themselves wouldn't think about going for dates, can profit aspiration effects if they are in relationship with abit more outgoing sim. I also repeat woohoos if it effects chance of accident pregnancies. As last, sim couple can live together but to marry both sims need to have wish to get married for that to happen. Unless another one is romance or fortune sim hunting for money, then that spesific sim doesn't need to roll any wish.
Page 4 of 4