Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#251 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 1:10 AM
:'( <- tears of joy!
world successfuly exported! yay! thanks guys for being so patient!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#252 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sick00
:'( <- tears of joy!
world successfuly exported! yay! thanks guys for being so patient!

Glad you got it sorted
Test Subject
#253 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 7:50 PM
I have S3PE the lastest version and I have done the steps but it is still not working. When I get to step two this message pops up "The selected file could not be opened read-write.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create a World Tool\UserToolData\Worlds\CAW1.world
Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create a World Tool\UserToolData\Worlds\CAW1.world' is denied." I do not know what to do. Can I please have some help?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#254 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 8:41 PM
Sounds like UAC is interfering- try copying the file into your Documents folder.

Anything in the Program Files folder needs administrator permissions to edit.
Test Subject
#255 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Sounds like UAC is interfering- try copying the file into your Documents folder.

Anything in the Program Files folder needs administrator permissions to edit.

Did all the steps and got to CAW and the file would not open. What do I do now?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#256 Old 20th Nov 2011 at 12:05 AM
Okay, which file wouldn't open? I'm not sure I'm following you. Tell me step by step what you have done, and what errors you are getting. 'Would not open' tells me nothing- I need to know what file exactly and what error you get, if there is one.
Test Subject
#257 Old 20th Nov 2011 at 1:00 AM
Okay, which file wouldn't open? I'm not sure I'm following you. Tell me step by step what you have done, and what errors you are getting. 'Would not open' tells me nothing- I need to know what file exactly and what error you get, if there is one.

I figured out what I was doing wrong. It is now fixed. Thank you!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#258 Old 20th Nov 2011 at 1:54 AM
Oh, good- well done for sorting it out!
Test Subject
#259 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 6:27 PM
It's me again :P

I still try it...
Now I got a new error !
What does this mean:

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#260 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 7:04 PM
Sentracks, I think this isn't working because that world is user populated. I think that CAW will not open those easily. It would be best to ask the creator if they would allow you to have their CAW files, because you've been having so many issues with this.

Have you managed to get any of the EA worlds opened okay?
Test Subject
#261 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 7:09 PM
I try to contact the creator but this is a bit difficult. He is registrated on sims3.com and there I cannot send a private massage. I only can post a comment but he didn't answer me yet... I don't think he will answer me that way...

I remember I opened Bridgeport. But I also remember that I opened Los Aniegos in CAW the first time I have tried it. I only got problems with saving and export with Los Aniegos.
Test Subject
#262 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 7:29 PM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH !

I don't know how but I managed it :D

Now I hope I can do my changes and then save and Export without Problems :S
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#263 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 7:31 PM
I don't know if it's possible to remove the sims, that might help with saving and export- I think you tried before using Awesomemod?

Otherwise, it might be possible to manually delete them in CAW from the global layer.
Test Subject
#264 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 9:24 PM
Yes I tried it with awesome mod but I had problems with the mod and didn't really understand it :P

Ok it saved the world. But I didn't close CAW yet. I hope I will be able to open it again after I closed it...
Test Subject
#265 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 9:35 PM
OK I could open it again after CAW crashed. And the changes I saved before are still there
Test Subject
#266 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 2:44 PM
Default Appaloosa Plains in CAW
Finally managed to export Appaloosa Plains in CAW!
I really felt the lack of empty lots (aligned with the roads) in that world and I'm very much grateful for this guide.

I firstly tried the first method, but I kept getting the error message "Unable to load world".
Then I downloaded the resources files that Simsample provided and tried the second method and it worked just fine!

Now I'm off adjusting my .world, thank you, thank you, thank you!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#267 Old 25th Nov 2011 at 8:17 PM
Sentracks, well done for getting it to work! Your persistence paid off.

Briny, good job! I'm glad it worked for you.
Test Subject
#268 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 1:22 PM
Yes I'm very happy that I got it now

I'll will add some personal changes to los Aniegos.
I like to build Malibu, Malibu beach, Pacific Palisades and bigger hollywood Hills

I can save the world and edit in game but I can't export it yet...
don't know why ?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#269 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 1:52 PM
Make sure you rebuild routing data and give it a new name (without punctuation); also give it a new thumbnail image. Is it giving an error message on export?
Test Subject
#270 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 6:55 PM
Hey,
I wanted to edit Appaloosa Plains in CAW to place some additional lots. My Problem is, that I can't even find a world file of it. If I go to my unpacked worlds folder there's only "Sunset Vally.world". Is there any possibility to download a world file of Appaloosa Plains or another way to get it into my CAW?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#271 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 7:58 PM
InCaseOfAsteroid, you need to look in the game install directory:
[Game Install Location]\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 Pets\ GameData\ Shared\ NonPackaged\ Worlds\ AppaloosaPlains.world
Make a copy of that file, do not work with the original!

Then use the second method (in post #3) to open it in CAW.
Field Researcher
#272 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jay290783
..Anyway, thanks to a previous post on one of the threads about using S3RC to declutter and sort out a copy of Hidden Springs....

Anyone know what post/thread Jay was referring to? I want to try using the Hidden Springs map, but can't find so much as a heightmap for it, and am getting that error message about not getting the expected file type that someone above had and was suggested to be due to prepopulation when I try working with it myself. (Or if anyone who HAS successfully used it can just toss the heightmap up in resource thread that'd work dandy too...)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#273 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 1:24 AM
The error most people seemed to be getting was due to the distant terrain- see this thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=453956
Field Researcher
#274 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 1:43 AM
The error most people seemed to be getting was due to the distant terrain- see this thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=453956

I'm not sure if that's my error issue, reading through that- I can't get the world stuff to import at all for Hidden Springs, I get the error:

"Could not open package Hidden Springs.world.
Expected magic tag 'DBPF'. Found 'DBPP'."

And nothing at all seems to actually import from the hidden springs.world to my flat 300 madeupname.world I get that error, and SP3e doesn't even let me save again- as if nothing has changed at all.
Lab Assistant
#275 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 7:05 AM Last edited by scarletqueenkat : 2nd Dec 2011 at 7:16 AM.
'Unable to load file' after using EIG
I've been searching for the past few days on how to fix this. I get the same error message when I try to load the backups.

I know this is most commonly caused by mismatched versions, but I've already done the mismatch workaround and the numbers were the same. My game and CAW are both fully updated.

I have 12 GB RAM and I'm using LAA.

I've Deleted my CAW caches as well as the Virtual Store files. Any help or other suggestions I haven't found yet would greatly be appreciated!

I just hope I'm not one of the few that are just out of luck

Edit - I should also add that I'm editing a premade world (Sunset Valley) if that could have anything to do with it.
Page 11 of 23