Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 6:21 PM
Default I want to convert things from a certain game
Hello!
This may sound either weird, stupid or impossibly to do in Sims 3.
But I really want to know what you guys think!
If there anyone who play/played Phantasy Star Online 2, you may know there is some things that´s similar to Sims 3, here´s some of them:
1. Polygon(hair made out of "planes")hair.
2. Customizable Hair,Skin and Eye Color.
3. Facial Overlays(like makeup).
4. Premade Characters.
5. Randomize button.
6. Eyebrow shape and Eyelashes(or Makeup)(you can even have odd colored eyebrows!)
7. Facial Shape including nose, eyes, head(size), ear and mouth shape sliders.
8. I suppose voice types.
9. Body Overlays.
10. Body Height slider(Very Important I think)
11. Arm and Leg length sliders.
12. Body shape sliders(Also Very Important)
13. Accessories.
14. Accessory Sliders.
15. Textures.
There´s probably more to point out, but I think this is the most important things to say.
The thing is, I want to convert these features to Sims 3(if it´s possible.)
(I wasn´t able to upload pictures to this thread, because of file size)
What do you guys think?
If there´s questions, you can ask me (OP)!
Thank you in advanced!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 11:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kagamine Rin
Hello!
This may sound either weird, stupid or impossibly to do in Sims 3.
But I really want to know what you guys think!
If there anyone who play/played Phantasy Star Online 2, you may know there is some things that´s similar to Sims 3, here´s some of them:
1. Polygon(hair made out of "planes")hair.
2. Customizable Hair,Skin and Eye Color.
3. Facial Overlays(like makeup).
4. Premade Characters.
5. Randomize button.
6. Eyebrow shape and Eyelashes(or Makeup)(you can even have odd colored eyebrows!)
7. Facial Shape including nose, eyes, head(size), ear and mouth shape sliders.
8. I suppose voice types.
9. Body Overlays.
10. Body Height slider(Very Important I think)
11. Arm and Leg length sliders.
12. Body shape sliders(Also Very Important)
13. Accessories.
14. Accessory Sliders.
15. Textures.
There´s probably more to point out, but I think this is the most important things to say.
The thing is, I want to convert these features to Sims 3(if it´s possible.)
(I wasn´t able to upload pictures to this thread, because of file size)
What do you guys think?
If there´s questions, you can ask me (OP)!
Thank you in advanced!

Unfortunately I don't know anything about programming yet but I did want to ask you how your hoodie is coming along and if you were planning to upload it when you're done. I would help out but like I said I can't 3d model and make decent artwork yet.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gamegenius
Unfortunately I don't know anything about programming yet but I did want to ask you how your hoodie is coming along and if you were planning to upload it when you're done. I would help out but like I said I can't 3d model and make decent artwork yet.
No,sadly the project was to hard to finish. I tested to mesh in MD but due to my low meshing skills in MD I was unable to get it right. The tutorials was very helpful you sent me, but I think I have to practice even more. Kind of you to think of me!
I have Aspergers Syndrome and jumps from one project to another.
That´s a downside of me...
Thank you once again! :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 1:05 PM
Default Replace Default Sims 3 Adult Bodies Meshes(or as an option to Default bodies)
I got an idea, what if I can convert these model bodies to Sims 3 as an optional Body Mesh?
I don´t know if you guys is interested, but in this game I´m talking about there´s body slider and even height sliders for the bodies! I´m actually thinking of converting these to Sims 3!
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 1:09 PM
No,sadly the project was to hard to finish. I tested to mesh in MD but due to my low meshing skills in MD I was unable to get it right. The tutorials was very helpful you sent me, but I think I have to practice even more. Kind of you to think of me!
I have Aspergers Syndrome and jumps from one project to another.
That´s a downside of me...
Thank you once again! :D

I'm sure with a lot of practice you'll get it right eventually. It would help to go to a school to learn that kind of stuff so that you would get hands on learning experience which I don't have the option to go to yet and I didn't know you have Asperger I've been diagnosed with autism when I moved to Texas on 2011. If you do manage to finish the hoodie would you be able to share it because i'm interested to see what it would look like in the game?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 1:20 PM
Default Maybe I continue with it later
We truly have things in common then, I´m also been diagnosed with Autism and later Aspergers Syndrome in 2011(I have ADD too.)! I was 14 back then. 21 now.
It´s not easy for me to get new friends.
I really want to finish it but I don´t know what to do next though(hoodie).
And I forgot, If I finish the hoodie of course I share it to you!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 1:30 PM
We truly have things in common then, I´m also been diagnosed with Autism and later Aspergers Syndrome in 2011(I have ADD too.)! I was 14 back then. 21 now.
It´s not easy for me to get new friends.
I really want to finish it but I don´t know what to do next though(hoodie).
And I forgot, If I finish the hoodie of course I share it to you!

I have a question to ask you how and where did you learn how to 3d model and make textures because I would like to know how to make stuff like this so I don't have to rely on content content creators?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 1:35 PM
I have a question to ask you how and where did you learn how to 3d model and make textures because I would like to know how to make stuff like this so I don't have to rely on content content creators?
Well, due to my native language(I´m from Sweden)I have had it harder to learn because of the english language. I hope my English is decent here though.
Anyway, I have partly read tutorials, but most of the time I had to figure it out by myself. I have been learning at home with my computer.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 1:48 PM
Well, due to my native language(I´m from Sweden)I have had it harder to learn because of the english language. I hope my English is decent here though.
Anyway, I have partly read tutorials, but most of the time I had to figure it out by myself. I have been learning at home with my computer.

Was it difficult for you to accomplish? I'm amazed that you managed to learn most of that by yourself because I barely know how to work Blender.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 2:01 PM
Was it difficult for you to accomplish? I'm amazed that you managed to learn most of that by yourself because I barely know how to work Blender.
Well, at first when I was more of a noob. But after a while you get more and more experience how to mesh. I first started to convert models from a game that´s called Project Diva(MMD-ish if you know what MMD is). I´m sure you will learn soon enough, it´s not impossible! Just keep going, and you are going to do great things!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 2:07 PM
Well, at first when I was more of a noob. But after a while you get more and more experience how to mesh. I first started to convert models from a game that´s called Project Diva(MMD-ish if you know what MMD is). I´m sure you will learn soon enough, it´s not impossible! Just keep going, and you are going to do great things!

Thanks for the encouragement. There are height sliders on website that you could download to adjust the sims height.