Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 3:19 PM
Default Default replacement for Maxis objects
I already had bedding defaults, which I change with new beddings every now and then, Recently I found this sofa and shower replaced (http://curiousb.livejournal.com/39175.html), and since then I've been searching for defaults to replace texture of other Maxis items - not objects but just their given colors. I'd just love to replace counters, chairs, etc with Michelle's recolors, other curtains, etc..
Does anyone know if there are such defaults already made?
Thank you : )
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 4:42 PM
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 7:22 PM
Theorist
#4 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 9:18 PM
Base Game Defaults in AL Wood Colours by amythestfenix & celebkiriedhel.

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 10:41 AM Last edited by Curls77 : 11th Feb 2016 at 2:50 PM.
Thanks all, specially Mischelle for her great recolors !

Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
http://sims2-objectdefaults.dreamwidth.org/

Unfortenatelly none of links from slig, hafiseazale and currantpotpie work, and very few from joelX.
So practically there are only things from sims2artists, which are great. Too bad no bathroom stuff there
Instructor
#6 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Curls77
Thanks all, specially Mischelle for her great recolors !

Unfortenatelly none of links from slig, hafiseazale and currantpotpie work, and very few from joelX.
So practically there are only things from sims2artists, which are great. Too bad no bathroom stuff there

@Curls77 I noticed that slig was down earlier too...But the site is up and running now!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Feb 2016 at 10:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rena2sweet4u
@Curls77 I noticed that slig was down earlier too...But the site is up and running now!

That's wonderful news.. I left mail asking Slig if they could update links, and they responded quickly and so generously! Quote from Slig: "Box hasn't reset my bandwidth, it looks like it hasn't been reset since November. I'll work on updating the links but for now you can find all default objects in this folder -
http://simfileshare.net/folder/3744/
I hope this means you will click like on everything you download so that it doesn't look so pathetic in there. :P"

HOORAY for Slig !!
I also tried leave message to other creators that had their defaults in box. With some luck, they maybe are still around and will be so kind to share again their great work.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 15th Feb 2016 at 12:44 PM
I use the following method to download items from box links that don't work anymore. The instructions are kind of confusing - they confused me anyway - but once you figure it out it works beautifully.

Box Links Workaround
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Feb 2016 at 2:19 PM
Default [SOLVED] Default replacement for Maxis objects
Quote: Originally posted by eliset
I use the following method to download items from box links that don't work anymore. The instructions are kind of confusing - they confused me anyway - but once you figure it out it works beautifully.
Box Links Workaround

IT WORKS - I lubs you eliset !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lovestruc

PS: perhaps moderators can put this method or its link as a sticky here at WCIF section?