Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 9:44 PM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 7th Jul 2016 at 1:03 AM.
Default Survey posted on /r/TheSims reveals that TS3 is the community's favourite game by a significant margin
Survey link, and the thread link. When asked what games the respondents have put "significant time" into, TS3 comes out highest and as the most played game with 86% having done so, against TS4's 77% and TS2's 72%. 39% says TS3 is their favourite, that's well over TS4's 25% and TS2's 24%. When asked to rate the game, the numbers vary a lot but come out slightly higher than TS4's. Only 17% had bad enough performance to not enjoy the game because of it, the rest all had good performance or grew used to the bad performance. 70% owned more than half of TS3's expansions, and when asked what one feature should return in TS4, the open world is named by a great amount of people.

That, and a few other statistics they have in there, prove that TS3 is well liked in the community. So when you hear people complaining about it and it's issues, remember that A) they are definitely a small minority and that B) /r/TheSims are more TS4-oriented than a lot of other Simming communities, and that they are likely less enthousiastic about TS3 than the rest of the community.
- Pi

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 11:16 PM
Although I am an avid 100% Sims3 fan I find it hard to buy in to any survey that asks "Which way around do you hang your toilet paper?"
Field Researcher
#4 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Although I am an avid 100% Sims3 fan I find it hard to buy in to any survey that asks "Which way around do you hang your toilet paper?"

86.7% of people who hang toilet paper the one, true, and only correct way prefer TS3!
Scholar
#5 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I dare you to post this in the TS4 forum. :D

Lol, right, posting that some people like Sims 4 in a Sim 4 forum is a very evil thing to do. It's the only hobby forum I know where I have to come up with justifications for enjoying that hobby
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat

That's kind of the point, I think. When someone answers that they hang it away from them, you just disregard them entirely.

Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
One of the questions on survey reads:

"If there is one feature I could bring back from The Sims 4 to previous installments, it would be..."

Uh... Hmm. Is this rhetorical question?

Why would it be?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 12:35 AM
Thanks for the link, just bumped the sims 2 up.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#9 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 10:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I dare you to post this in the TS4 forum. :D

I double dare

Anyway - community, at last those who bother to sign the pool describes themselves surprisingly young. Is that the game or what ?

Most males never admits they plays Sims, of course, how could you say something like that to your wife, sweetheart... daughter? x.x "Honey, I steal your gametime, It won't happen again, just put down this shotgun, please".

So small amount of simmers have good feelings for EA&Maxis... but why? They're so such nice and kind companies (or in fact "were" according to Maxis) constantly working to make us happier, Origin-ate... and so on. What's wrong with you people?

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Field Researcher
#10 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
That in itself was rehtoric question too, but since you asked; TS4 has only two new features that previous Sims games do not have. 1. Multi-tasking 2. "Emotions" both which are implemented so poorly that they completely destroy experience of TS4.

Three if you count the updates to the gender system, which I would really love to steal.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
Three if you count the updates to the gender system, which I would really love to steal.

Yeah, totally. My main Sim has a thing for menswear and it'd be a huge deal if she could wear that stuff. I haven't used the update yet to create trans, nonbinary or other such Sims, but it's a great thing in terms of creative freedom. Despite my efforts to create a variety of clothes that suit her, it's still very limited and I don't know how I can adjust male meshes for females. The shoulders are way too big and I don't think Milkshape can fix that. Blender probably can, but Blender doesn't play nicely with .SIMGEOMs.

insert signature here
dodgy builder
#12 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 9:06 PM
I couldn't care less what way the toiletpaper faces, but that was no option. They could at least have provided a "I don't know" option.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I couldn't care less what way the toiletpaper faces, but that was no option. They could at least have provided a "I don't know" option.

Nope, your answer decides what happens to your response. There can only be one correct answer.

insert signature here
Forum Resident
#14 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 4:20 AM
Nicely thought out survey to get some insight into what Simmers are thinking. I'm not surprised TS3 ranked highest since it's the most recent complete game and a natural fallback to people who were disappointed with TS4 and didn't want to continue with that game.

I'm sure I loved TS1 but I can't remember a thing about it anymore. I just think of blocky, flat images whenever I think of that game. But I'll never forget once when I stayed up all night playing the game. I was obsessed!