Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 11:56 AM
Default Uncategorized casparts
Hi guys!

I'm working on a mod that will re-categorize CASparts (hair, clothing, shoes, etc), so there won't be any Townie walking in weird clothing like the riding helmet from EP5.

So I was wondering, what do you think should really categorized (what CASpart.) That's bothering you the most?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 2:44 PM
This is just for EP and SP? Because it irritates me like crazy to see Midnight Hollow clothes in any world besides Midnight Hollow. I also dislike seeing sims wearing Sunlit Tides clothes in like Appaloosa Plains or Bridgeport.

Having that said, are the hot dog and the cow plant costumes already categorized to not be spawned on townies?
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 3:34 PM
It's mainly for EPs that have pretty crazy categorized clothing in it. Like the pets overalls that are in sleepwear. But I could make a store edition as well since I do own a lot of store items- if not, worlds.

But i'm not sure if I ever saw townies walking with costumes? Both adults or children. I am planning on recategorizing some of the costume's accessories, like the mask that comes with Seasons. (i'm not sure if it has a name at all XD) I also checked if EA set them as random and it doesn't seem to. Or anything that could explain why NPCs would wear them?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 5:58 PM
Will this mod go deeper or be "just" edits of the CASP resource? Because I'd love to get rid of the GEN princess costume gloves being assigned as the default glove for children's outerwear. The CASP resource does not contain an entry to such an effect so this assignment must happen somewhere else.

The Season's costumes, by the way, never appear on NPCs, unless they are at a costume party.

Things you could get rid of are the beekeper hats from Supernatural, the Asian hats from WA, the various AMB helmets, some female T-shirt from GEN that is tagged as Swimwear (it has a starfish stencil and exists for all ages from Teen to Elder).
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 8:34 PM
The cowboy costumes for kids and the traditional Chinese outfits.
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 7:02 AM
@don babilon, CASP resource edits, unless I need to go deeper, since the CASP editor by Kuree seems to have the CASp that weren't updated with seasons, so most clothing isn't even seen as 'outerwear' yet unless I would go into the: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\DeltaPackages ones (Which stands for the updates the sims has had over the past and actually has fixes, or data for the EPs it needs).

But those are some great suggestions, I haven't thought of those hats yet. I did make a lot of screenshots on what defenitly should be edited, and later on I'll see what else I could edit.

@Noki85, If i'm planning on doing a store edition, I will include the Chinese outfits with it! ^-^
Alchemist
#7 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 9:54 AM
I've made hiders/disablers for the stuff like flippers and full-body swimming outfits. IMO it's ridiculous to see a sim walking at the pool in a bikini and flippers. The long skirt from SN is also very ugly and animates very, very poorly, so I got rid of it.

One of the first things I did was enabling more skirts for Outerwear, especially the long ones; it's ridiculous to not have this option, considering you can also have sims wear pantyhose or accessory leggings. You can also enable more of the pants/jeans for Outerwear, there are a ton of options.

The WA content (hat hairs, clothes) is a bit tricky and I only hid them from CAS because I was unsure how the foreign worlds would turn out if I disabled them completely.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 1:50 PM
YES! I still don't understand why EA didn't enable skirts for outerwear (Besides the supernatural skirt). And I find the outerwear very limited sometimes.

I'm a bit confused though, and I'm not sure if i'm the only one, but the genie clothes seem to appear in CAS, even though it's set as 'hidden in cas'. Same for the Plantsims. I'm not sure if that's Nraas's doing? (i'm not using the unlockclothing cheat though.)
Alchemist
#9 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
I'm a bit confused though, and I'm not sure if i'm the only one, but the genie clothes seem to appear in CAS, even though it's set as 'hidden in cas'. Same for the Plantsims. I'm not sure if that's Nraas's doing? (i'm not using the unlockclothing cheat though.)

Yeah, same for me. I haven't investigated further but they are indeed listed as hidden in CAS.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
#10 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
@don babilon, CASP resource edits, unless I need to go deeper, since the CASP editor by Kuree seems to have the CASp that weren't updated with seasons, so most clothing isn't even seen as 'outerwear' yet unless I would go into the: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\DeltaPackages ones (Which stands for the updates the sims has had over the past and actually has fixes, or data for the EPs it needs).

(...)
I did have a look into DeltaPackages in the meantime and couldn't find anything relating to children's gloves, and what is more puzzling even, the gloves that came with Seasons are enabled both for outerwear and for random in the Seasons files, but children always get those hideous latex princess gloves.
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 8:49 PM
I couldn't find any of these either, I can however convert the adult ones to children if there are no gloves made for children (which would be weird, because they did give toddlers gloves). But I will check it out!
#12 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 11:04 PM
The thing is, there are already two new types of gloves for children, and they came with Seasons, but every time a toddler ages up in my game, the child will get the Generations gloves for outerwear. And while I couldn't find any CASP resource that enables these for that category, the "real" winter gloves are already enabled but do not get assigned.
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 10:30 AM
I was actually thinking the same for the adult long gloves that are also set as outerwear, since a lot of sims would use it as random.

The reason why some CASP are hard to find is because they're been updated over the time when Seasons was released. It's like one of these patches you need to install before you can actually install Seasons. So I probably need to dig deeper for the outerwear clothing in the update files. That's why I decided not to use CASpart editor, since that one is actually made before Seasons, so it will only see the CASparts that are edited but not in the actual fullbuild/deltabuild packages (That was confusing, but it's true XD)