Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 8:10 AM Last edited by bolto7 : 20th Jan 2017 at 2:42 PM.
How to prevent Sims 3 from changing game speed on its own?
Hi,
Game changes speed automatically when Sims are at work or sleeping, how to prevent this?
I've searched for mods, but can't find any that does this.

Thanks
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 8:35 AM
I don't know if it's what you're looking for, but have you tried Relativity? You can control speed/time of the game http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Relativity
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dazs25154
I don't know if it's what you're looking for, but have you tried Relativity? You can control speed/time of the game http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Relativity

Thanks for reply. Relativity is not exactly doing what I'm looking for.
I want mod that turns off annoying game behavior (IMHO), when game automatically decides for player, when speed should be increased/decreased, I can't find this option in the game settings and can't find the mod that prevents it.
I can't believe, the game was released quite long time ago and nobody did it, unless it's very hard to do.
Site Helper
#4 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 7:59 PM
I think that most players are not terribly annoyed by time speeding up when all the sims in the household are either asleep or working inside a rabbithole. There would not have been much interest in changing that behavior. And since it was also a feature in Sims 1 and Sims 2, it would not surprise me if it were to require a core mod to change it.

The simplest solution would be to have someone in the house who sleeps during the day while the other sims are home (or at least not at work), then stays up all night. But that's not terribly practical in every case.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 3:44 PM
For anyone else who interested in this:
I've found solution, it's not ideal, it just changes Ultra game speed to normal, so when game automatically changes game speed to Ultra, it still remains normal.

To modify Ultra speed to Normal, NRaas "Retuner" Mod should be installed.
Then: Click on City Hall from Map View > NRaas > Retuner > Settings > General > By Tunable XML > Sims3.Gameplay > Gameflow > kTripleTimeRate, change value to 1.

"Ultra Speed" button now will act as normal speed button and game will not be able to change game speed when active Sims at work or sleeping.
"Fast Speed" and "Ultra Speed Through" buttons will still work as usual.