Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 10:14 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default My camera isn't working.
My in-game camera is stuck in aerial view, partially zoomed in. It won't zoom in on my Sims no matter what I do. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but that didn't work. I have no idea what caused this to happen. Can anyone please help? I miss my Sims and I really want to see them again.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 12:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
press tab button. then press tab to switch back.

I just tried that. It zoomed in way too close to my Sim. I can zoom in and out now, but it's much slower than it should be. And when I tried to go into aerial view again, it was all skewed.

Does anyone else have a solution?
Alchemist
#4 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 7:23 PM
The camera does this when its "base" isn't on the ground -- for example, if you're on the first floor of a house and zoom in to something on the ground floor, it'll zoom in for a while but stop when it reaches the level of the first floor (which it considers the "base"). To zoom in on the object on the ground floor properly, you should move your camera to the ground floor with the Page Down key.

This also happens if the camera is positioned on a hill and you try to zoom-scroll on the valley part. It'll zoom in slower and slower until it stops i.e. until it gets to the hilltop's level.

Use your arrow or WSAD keys to move the camera around, and zoom in with the mousewheel only when you're relatively close to the object you want to zoom in on.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
The camera does this when its "base" isn't on the ground -- for example, if you're on the first floor of a house and zoom in to something on the ground floor, it'll zoom in for a while but stop when it reaches the level of the first floor (which it considers the "base"). To zoom in on the object on the ground floor properly, you should move your camera to the ground floor with the Page Down key.

This also happens if the camera is positioned on a hill and you try to zoom-scroll on the valley part. It'll zoom in slower and slower until it stops i.e. until it gets to the hilltop's level.

Use your arrow or WSAD keys to move the camera around, and zoom in with the mousewheel only when you're relatively close to the object you want to zoom in on.

@sweetdevil None of what you said helps me with my problem. My camera's still all glitchy and weird. How do I make it be normal again?
Alchemist
#6 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 10:39 AM
Sorry to hear that :/ Do you have any custom content? Does it act up when you save and reload the game, or in a new save?

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 10:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Sorry to hear that :/ Do you have any custom content? Does it act up when you save and reload the game, or in a new save?

@sweetdevil Well, it first started acting up when I loaded up a previously saved game, which had been working fine up to that point. Now it happens every time I try to even play the game. And I do have a lot of custom content, including some of yours. Problem is, if this is being caused by faulty CC, I don't know which one it is.

Also, some of the needs bars on the panel have started turning dark green in the clear area. I dunno if that's anything to be worried about, but I feel like it's relevant to mention.
Site Helper
#8 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 4:26 PM
Identifying bad CC is not too hard, although it's a bit time consuming.
First, remove it all, and clear your caches. Test. If the problem is still happening, it's not CC, or at least not -just- cc.

If it went away, put half of your CC back in. Clear caches. Test. If it's still gone, put half of the rest back in. Be sure to keep anything that needs another mod with all of its dependencies! Clear caches and test.
If the problem reoccurs, it's in the mix you just added. Take half of it out, clear caches, and test.
Rinse and repeat until you get down to one file that makes the problem happen when you put it in. Leave that one out.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 12:10 PM Last edited by madamebellanova : 13th Feb 2017 at 9:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Identifying bad CC is not too hard, although it's a bit time consuming.
First, remove it all, and clear your caches. Test. If the problem is still happening, it's not CC, or at least not -just- cc.

If it went away, put half of your CC back in. Clear caches. Test. If it's still gone, put half of the rest back in. Be sure to keep anything that needs another mod with all of its dependencies! Clear caches and test.
If the problem reoccurs, it's in the mix you just added. Take half of it out, clear caches, and test.
Rinse and repeat until you get down to one file that makes the problem happen when you put it in. Leave that one out.

Thanks. I'm at work right now, but I'll try it as soon as I can.

EDIT: I still haven't figured out which one it is, but somehow I managed to get rid of it. Thanks a lot! :D