Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 4:09 AM Last edited by leo06girl : 2nd Jul 2013 at 4:09 AM. Reason: forgot one
Default Favorite Animal Characters
I'm just curious, but does anyone have any favorite animal characters from books, movies, television shows, etc.?

Mine are:

Hedwig, Crookshanks, and Pigwidgeon (sp?) from the books; was so awful when Hedwig died

Bernie from Bernie the St. Bernard or The Gospel According to St. Bernard

Mr. Jinks

Fat Louie from The Princess Diaries books
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 5:12 AM
As I'm not sure who every one of those guys are, can they be anthropomorphic? If so, I'd probably have to say nearly every character in The Fantastic Mr. Fox, but especially Mr. Fox, Mrs. Fox and Kylie.

"Boggis, Bunce and Bean,
one fat, one short, one lean,
these horrible crooks,
so different in looks
are nonetheless equally mean..."

If we're going for non-anthros, I'd have to say Brother Aiden's cat from The Secret of Kells, Pangur Ban.

"You must go where I cannot,
Pangur Ban Pangur Ban,
Nil sa saol seo ach ceo,
Is ni bheimid beo,
ach seal beag gearr.
Pangur Ban Pangur Ban,
Nil sa saol seo ach ceo,
Is ni bheimid beo,
ach seal beag gearr."

(there is nothing in this life but mist
and we are not alive
but only for a short spell)

Heeeee, that song still gives me chills.

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 5:27 AM
Does pikachu count? That was my favorite 'animal' character. It was the main reason I obsessed over pokemon when I was little. Vulpix was another one of my favorites.

I remember loving animal based stories when I was little but outside of pokemon I never had favorite characters that were animals. Human wise my favorite characters were the gloomy goth types or the villains that were really evil.
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by paksetti
As I'm not sure who every one of those guys are, can they be anthropomorphic? If so, I'd probably have to say nearly every character in The Fantastic Mr. Fox, but especially Mr. Fox, Mrs. Fox and Kylie.

"Boggis, Bunce and Bean,
one fat, one short, one lean,
these horrible crooks,
so different in looks
are nonetheless equally mean..."

Are you talking about from the movie or book? I loved both!

I can't believe I forgot to add Wish Bone to my list!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 9:14 AM
The cameleont (Pascal) and horse (Maximus) from "Tangled"
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 9:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sundazzle
The cameleont (Pascal) and horse (Maximus) from "Tangled"

I loved them too, can't believe I forgot them in my OP. They were my favorite part of the movie. I loved them in Tangled Ever After too!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 10:37 AM
There are so many animal characters in movies and books! In fact, when I start to list them, there are way too many. Remember Winnie-the-Pooh? How do you pick a favorite among those characters? Or the ones in Babe? I guess I loved the sheep and the duck, especially. There's also Charlotte and Wilbur from Charlotte's Web,the wonderful cast of Homeward Bound, but especially the older dog, the donkey in Shrek and the dragon in Mulan (I think they were both played by Eddie Murphy), Benji (who doesn't love Benji?), and Belt from The Croods. Of course, there were some really cool critters in The Croods. I really liked the mousephants, but they weren't really characters. And I forgot about the Jungle Book!

I'm sure I forgotten a bunch!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
#8 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 2:15 PM
@Leo

Honestly, I was never aware there was a book before the movie came out..... I did read a lot of his other books as a child (The BFG was my favorite), so I'm surprised I'd never heard of it. Forgive me from Valhalla, Roald!

And Babe! of course Babe! I wore out the VHS when I was a little one. so many feels.....

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#9 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 4:18 PM
The cat from the book "Coraline" by Neil Gaimen, Mrs. Brisby from "The Secret Of Nimh", Finnley the Flying Monkey from the new "Oz" movie are all good.

But the REAL geniuses were the entire Loony Toons cast.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 4:38 PM
Jake the dog from Adventure Time, Catbug from Bravest warrior, and Angus (Merida's horse) from Brave.
Inventor
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
The cat from the book "Coraline" by Neil Gaimen, Mrs. Brisby from "The Secret Of Nimh", Finnley the Flying Monkey from the new "Oz" movie are all good.

But the REAL geniuses were the entire Loony Toons cast.

Yep, the new Looney Toons are horrible!

I can't believe I forgot to add Benji, Milo and Otis. I loved them growing up.
Alchemist
#12 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 9:40 PM
i was expecting this to be a thread about furries tbh

i should reevaluate my life

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Instructor
#13 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 5:55 AM
Charlotte's Web: The animation movie from eons ago. I still recall songs from it!

And because I loved Charlotte's Web, as a child I came across another animated movie called Animal Farm, by George Orwell. I did not know what it was about, nor realized it was not a movie for children. I had to turn it off myself! I know you wanted favourites, but that memory of renting that movie has stayed with me forever!

Winnie the Pooh and company. I think I likd Paddington Bear, but I think I liked the actual stuff bear more than the shows and books?

Droopy.
Sylvester the cat, was I the only one that felt sorry for him?

I loved Care Bears, but I don't recall anything about them now, except for the 'Care Bear Stare'.

Curious George.
Thumper from Bambi.

Snoopy!
Instructor
#14 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 5:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
Finnley the Flying Monkey from the new "Oz" movie

I haven't seen the new version of Oz, but I refered the original flying monkeys as Satan Monkey's. Does that name still suit them, or are they less creepy?
Inventor
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 7:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The SimWhisperer
Charlotte's Web: The animation movie from eons ago. I still recall songs from it!

And because I loved Charlotte's Web, as a child I came across another animated movie called Animal Farm, by George Orwell. I did not know what it was about, nor realized it was not a movie for children. I had to turn it off myself! I know you wanted favourites, but that memory of renting that movie has stayed with me forever!

Winnie the Pooh and company. I think I likd Paddington Bear, but I think I liked the actual stuff bear more than the shows and books?

Droopy.
Sylvester the cat, was I the only one that felt sorry for him?

I loved Care Bears, but I don't recall anything about them now, except for the 'Care Bear Stare'.

Curious George.
Thumper from Bambi.

Snoopy!

I remember everything about the Care Bears. My aunt is OBSESSED (no exageration), the Care Bear Stare was/is my favorite part of the old cartoons.
Inventor
#16 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 12:44 PM
- Duffy Duck (my role model)
- Winnie the Pooh (my favorite philosopher)
- Miss Piggy (my obsession)
Inventor
Original Poster
#17 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pico22
- Duffy Duck (my role model)
- Winnie the Pooh (my favorite philosopher)
- Miss Piggy (my obsession)

OMG, I can't believe I forgot Miss Piggy, I love her!
Mad Poster
#18 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 6:30 PM
What about Grommit from Wallace and Gromit? He has the best expressions! Eddie was another awesome Jack Russell from the TV show Fraiser.

Field Researcher
#19 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 10:31 PM
How could I have forgotten Lassie?! She was my hero growing up.
And of course Garfield and the penguins from "Madagascar" are also pretty awesome.
Instructor
#20 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 4:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leo06girl
OMG, I can't believe I forgot Miss Piggy, I love her!

Oh, I didn't realize we could bring on the Muppets in this thread!

I'll add the Muppet Movie (the original) as a personal favourite.

Fozzy, Animal, whatever Gonzo is, Kermit, Piggy, ever seen her karate chop, with bulging eyes!

I loved the Muppets!! :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#21 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 5:20 AM
I remember watching a lot of Looney Tunes when I was a kid. Taz was my favourite character

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#22 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The SimWhisperer
I haven't seen the new version of Oz, but I refered the original flying monkeys as Satan Monkey's. Does that name still suit them, or are they less creepy?
Finnley is actually the only flying monkey in the new movie, and he's very cute, he wears a bell hops uniform and is voiced by Zach Braff, and has some of the funniest lines in the whole movie.

The evil witches actually use Flying Baboons (not sure why, I can't remember if they were like that in the books, or if they were an MGM creation. Disney had to walk a fine line because some things from the original movie are copyrighted and had to be altered slightly). Anywho, the baboons have giant bat wings and are suitably menacing. The real reason to see the movie, though? Mila Kunis. She's great.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 12th Jul 2013 at 3:31 AM
Does anyone remember Charlotte from Charlotte's web? Or the rabbit in The Velveteen Rabbit? How about the Horse in Rocking Horse Land. Classic animal characters, all, - even if some of them were toys. And you just can't touch Pooh, not with a ten foot poll. (lol)

Field Researcher
#24 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 4:14 AM
Nibbler from Futurama. Not sure if he counts since I don't know exactly what he is, but he's adorable.

Another one is Alice's cat Dinah from the Disney animated movie Alice In Wonderland. I actually named one of my cats Dinah after Alice.

I want to get a vending machine, with fun sized candy bars, and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.- Mitch Hedberg
Theorist
#25 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 9:36 AM
Fofão the friendly pig alien
Page 1 of 2