Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 7:43 PM
Sims 3 No Mosaic mod
Hi. I have a question about the No Mosaic mod. I have installed all of them. I tried putting them in the Program Files Sims 3 folder, I've tried putting them in the Mods folder. Nothing works. What am I doing wrong? I've downloaded every version there is--that I know of anyway. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 7:44 PM
All package files go in Mods\Packages in Documents. Get Nraas NoCensor (google'll take you right to it), put it in the right place, and it'll work. If you're having general mod problems beyond just no mosaic not working, you can post a thread in the Help forums.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 7:47 PM Last edited by FirstOfMay : 17th Jun 2013 at 7:48 PM. Reason: Added comment
Thanks! I thought no mosaic was the mod for no blur.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 7:52 PM
No mosaic, no blur, no censor... All the same stuff. I'm sure more than just that one works, but... that one definitely works, for sure.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
#5 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FirstOfMay
Hi. I have a question about the No Mosaic mod. I have installed all of them. I tried putting them in the Program Files Sims 3 folder, I've tried putting them in the Mods folder. Nothing works. What am I doing wrong? I've downloaded every version there is--that I know of anyway. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.

You have to choose ONE. It didn't show up because either;
1. You put it in Program File path. In fact it must be My Document
2. Or you put them in mod folder.
When you put the same-function mods from different creators it won't show up.
It happened to me many times. At first I didn't know what happened then I found the mistake.

Take all similar mods out except the one you want and it will show.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by little bee
You have to choose ONE. It didn't show up because either;
1. You put it in Program File path. In fact it must be My Document
2. Or you put them in mod folder.
When you put the same-function mods from different creators it won't show up.
It happened to me many times. At first I didn't know what happened then I found the mistake.

Take all similar mods out except the one you want and it will show.

Thanks! I figured out what happened. At least while trying to get Nraas NoCensor to work anyway. I put it in the Mods directory, but not the packages folder. Not sure if it was the same problem for the other. Ok, now I'm off to find a teen pregnancy mod if there is one. (Like Inteen for Sims 2). Still not sure I'm liking TS3, but I'm giving it a chance.
One Minute Ninja'd
#7 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 8:49 PM
Go back to Nrass. Get Woohooer Follow the directions for use in the FAQ pages on that site for how to set it up. You'll get teen pregnancy, and lots of stuff to entertain your grownups too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Go back to Nrass. Get Woohooer Follow the directions for use in the FAQ pages on that site for how to set it up. You'll get teen pregnancy, and lots of stuff to entertain your grownups too.

Yep. I found it right away without even having to ask here. A first for me, I think. I must be getting better at finding stuff. Anyway, downloaded it and installed already. I'm liking that site.
One Minute Ninja'd
#9 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 9:48 PM
Yep. I found it right away without even having to ask here. A first for me, I think. I must be getting better at finding stuff. Anyway, downloaded it and installed already. I'm liking that site.

While you're there, grab Overwatch too. It will help keep your game running a bit better by correcting certain issues like stuck sims and the never ending car accumulation bug that will slow your game down.

That site has a lot of very useful, well designed and well supported mods that really enhance gameplay.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
While you're there, grab Overwatch too. It will help keep your game running a bit better by correcting certain issues like stuck sims and the never ending car accumulation bug that will slow your game down.

That site has a lot of very useful, well designed and well supported mods that really enhance gameplay.

Thanks for the tip. Car accumulation? Sounds weird...I was also looking at the storyline progression one. Not sure if I understand all the details of that. Does that one turn off storyline progression & allow you to switch active households without messing something up? I know if you do that, weird things can happen & all the special characters get disabled.
Instructor
#11 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 11:50 PM
Thanks for the tip. Car accumulation? Sounds weird...I was also looking at the storyline progression one. Not sure if I understand all the details of that. Does that one turn off storyline progression & allow you to switch active households without messing something up? I know if you do that, weird things can happen & all the special characters get disabled.

Twallan's Story Progression will run itself instead of EA.
And for switching active households(which EA fails to do so) I do it with no problem.

If you have any questions on Twallan's mod you can ask at CHATTER BOX forum.
Twallan responds to questions so quickly. He's so sweet and kind.
I truly don't know how he can find the time to do that. With wifey, career and ton of his own mods to take care of.

He's supernatural! I guess.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#12 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 12:26 AM
Yep. I found it right away without even having to ask here. .
Wow, a new poster who answers questions rationally, takes advice, is able to work out problems for himself, AND can write a coherent sentence?

Can we keep him?
Alchemist
#13 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 3:48 AM
I recall OP's nick somewhere else... It wasn't a good moment to remember.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#14 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 7:38 AM
I'm not convinced twallan has a wife, but... yes, he is stunningly efficient .

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 7:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider

She's not convinced either. :D

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#16 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 7:53 AM

Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 8:03 AM
And for switching active households(which EA fails to do so) I do it with no problem.

I truly don't know how he can find the time to do that. With wifey, career and ton of his own mods to take care of.

Thanks for your help with all my silly questions. I'm not used to working with mods. I wish I had found the NO CD one before I uninstalled everything and reinstalled using the Origin Download. At least I didn't have to go through MATY this time for anything. And thanks for telling me Twallan will answer questions fast. Now I'm excited to play!
Instructor
#18 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 1:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by twallan
She's not convinced either. :D

Sorry I can't help rolling myself on the floor.

Oh, for Wifey, I read from Twallan's State of Mod. He mentioned that the wife found the bug on Season and told him to fix it.
I remembered that "Season bug" is the one Sims community have a complaint about and had no clue WTH wrong with EA.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#19 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 1:38 PM
Bah, I could swear I'd read twallan talking about his boyfriend somewhere. Maybe he has both!

One Minute Ninja'd
#20 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 3:43 PM
Bah, I could swear I'd read twallan talking about his boyfriend somewhere. Maybe he has both!

Good job! You do realize his wife reads these forums too, and you just let the cat out of the bag. Maybe he can sell her on a story that it's really an in-game boyfriend, for "testing purposes" only.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 6:04 PM
Oh man. You just got the pool boy in trouble too.

Whatever will I do? :D

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
Wow, a new poster who answers questions rationally, takes advice, is able to work out problems for himself, AND can write a coherent sentence?

Can we keep him?

I'm a "her"/"she" but thanks. I've actually been here before, but not on the TS3 boards.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 7:43 PM

OK, I took your advice about posting on the CHATTER BOX forum because I'm having a problem with the wants/wishes and other stuff happening when I switch active households. I probably just have a setting wrong. I'm not really good with computer stuff, so I'm probably overlooking something.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#24 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 7:44 PM
I'm a "her"/"she" but thanks. I've actually been here before, but not on the TS3 boards.
Oops. Well, your profile says "male".

edit: Ok, did the moderators take their crazy pills today? what's with the wacky name changes?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
Oops. Well, your profile says "male".

edit: Ok, did the moderators take their crazy pills today? what's with the wacky name changes?

It does? OOPS! I'll fix it later after I figure out my problem. Thanks for letting me know. I hadn't noticed.
Page 1 of 2