Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 6:53 AM
Default A few different items ( a jewelry set, boots, and hair retexture )
Hoping someone can help me find a few items... I had this jewelry set http://www.sims3updates.net/cas/sim...s_7178_2_L.jpeg
in game before but recently got a new pc and had to re install everything and all cc i had, unfortunately the link wont work and the other is in a weird language i dont understand. so does anyone know where i can find this necklace and ear ring set made by lemonleaf? the link on her sina blog said it was removed.

Also anyone know where i can find these boots made by Altea127 with a working link to DL them? http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1qwE3SDX6...600/800x600.png

Lastly who does the best skysims hair retextures? i really like skysims hair but alot of it is distored and bald in spots in game, any help would greatly be appreciated! thanks a ton!!! :lovestruc
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 11:23 AM
Lemon leaf's Florence Jewelry
http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_63e832e001017yk6.html

Scroll down and look for the rayfile link. I've attached an image to this post which points to the download link on rayfile.

Skysims retextures
I have no personal preferences retextures so I can't suggest a specific person. But Sims Hairs and My Sims3 Blog are comprehensive update blogs, use their search functions "skysims 220" or whatever number hair you want.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#3 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 11:06 PM
Just in case you don't want to download from a foreign site, [I've done this and had some trouble, since it's not in English, and can be confusing, it also may provide viruses when trying to download [pop-ups galore]]Simscave has a lot of LemonLeaf's files. That link I provided has the set you're looking for.

I searched for those boots, unfortunately I couldn't find any working links. I'm sorry!

As for Skysims hair, you won't be able to find any 'best' Skysims retextures. Not because no one makes them, but because it's the hair itself that is glitched. Slapping a new texture on it doesn't make it any better [sadly. ;__;] because the mesh itself is faulty and not-well made. I love some of Skysims hair, but unfortunately, after trying to retexture them multiple times, I found out the hard way that you can't fix the mesh just by retexturing. I do believe if you wanted, you could dabble in fixing the mesh, but it's most likely going to be too much work for little result.

However, if you want some recommendations, I can give my two cents. Just tell me what you prefer, Adjust Shine, or EA Control. If you don't know what either of those are, just tell me and I'll explain it to you. Also, if you're interested, I can point you in the direction of a tutorial so you can retexture hairs of your own choice. It's kind of confusing at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dreamfoil
Lemon leaf's Florence Jewelry
http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_63e832e001017yk6.html

Scroll down and look for the rayfile link. I've attached an image to this post which points to the download link on rayfile.

Skysims retextures
I have no personal preferences retextures so I can't suggest a specific person. But Sims Hairs and My Sims3 Blog are comprehensive update blogs, use their search functions "skysims 220" or whatever number hair you want.

thank you so much for your help
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by atomicvigilante
Just in case you don't want to download from a foreign site, [I've done this and had some trouble, since it's not in English, and can be confusing, it also may provide viruses when trying to download [pop-ups galore]]Simscave has a lot of LemonLeaf's files. That link I provided has the set you're looking for.

I searched for those boots, unfortunately I couldn't find any working links. I'm sorry!

As for Skysims hair, you won't be able to find any 'best' Skysims retextures. Not because no one makes them, but because it's the hair itself that is glitched. Slapping a new texture on it doesn't make it any better [sadly. ;__;] because the mesh itself is faulty and not-well made. I love some of Skysims hair, but unfortunately, after trying to retexture them multiple times, I found out the hard way that you can't fix the mesh just by retexturing. I do believe if you wanted, you could dabble in fixing the mesh, but it's most likely going to be too much work for little result.

However, if you want some recommendations, I can give my two cents. Just tell me what you prefer, Adjust Shine, or EA Control. If you don't know what either of those are, just tell me and I'll explain it to you. Also, if you're interested, I can point you in the direction of a tutorial so you can retexture hairs of your own choice. It's kind of confusing at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy.

:lovestruc THANK YOU a ton!! for providing me that link on the jewelry set, i have been looking forever it seems, i just love that set!!! and thank you for taking the time to find it for me. i tried searching everything on google i could but had no luck! ur simply awesome! as for the boots totally tried looking everywhere too and couldnt find any lucks but thank you for trying

about the hairs, i see now! i couldnt figure if retextures meant that it would change the hair and how it looked in game, but i guess from what ur saying it changes the the actual way the hair itself shines etc? and yeah skysims make really cute hairstyles but everytime i dl them they are ALL KINDS of messed up and i got a pretty good pc and graphics card at that! i would totally love to figure how to do meshes and hairs, i tried looking on a tutorial not to long ago and was so lost within the first few min LOL. I dont really know the difference between the adjust shine or EA control, other than the way it looks in preview pics when im picking one to dl. i know the shine ones are alot shinier than the EA ones. but thats about all i know! I would totally love if you could let me know which hairs or hair creators u have found that dont glitch the game or looked all messed up and bald in spots! ( so far ) i have found Newsea, Peggyzone, Xm sims, Anubis 360 and there might be 1 or 2 more than i dl from that have great hairs in game, do you happen to know of any others? and again i simply cant express my thanks for all your help!
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 12:35 AM
No problem. :>I hate downloading from foreign sites sometimes, because I usually get some nasty pop-ups and when you click on the wrong thing, sometimes it causes you even more problems. It doesn't help when you don't speak and can't read the language, either! Simscave is a pretty good resource for finding things that aren't related to TSR, so it's helpful in times. You can find some pretty cool stuff on there if you look hard enough.

Yes, the hair thing can be really confusing at first. Retextures basically means just what the name replies, essentially the 'texture' of the hair itself. Adjust Shine means that the 'control' of the hair is made shiny, so that when you go to change the hair color in game, you can make the hair look shinier by lightening the shade of the highlights. EA Control is the opposite, it makes it so the hair is more matte, like normal in-game EA hairs.

I'll link you a pretty straight-forward tutorial I came across, and you can message me if you need any more explanation, or have questions. It's challenging at first, and all the info kind of makes your mind melt, but it's not bad when you finally get everything properly set up. Now I will warn you that the difference of EA Control and Adjust Shine do impact how you retexture hair. I'll link you the basic tutorial here.

The tutorial is how to make 'ea control', Adjust Shine is a bit different. But yeah, if you have any questions, just let me know. I can try to explain as best I can!

But yeah, Skysims, despite having really cute hairs, is notorious for bad meshing. On day when I have time, I might dabble in editing the actual meshes, but truth be told- I haven't quite figured out how to mesh myself, but retexturing is a heck of a lot easier. I actually started with Sims 2, but the process between games is a lot different. Luckily, if you know what you're doing, Sims 3 hair retexturing can be faster than Sims 2 retexturing.

But there's a difference between retextures, and hair you download from actual CREATOR of the hair. Newsea, Peggy, Raon, Skysims, ButterflySims [much like Skysims, they have issues with the meshes, btw], etc make the hairs. Retexturers retexture the hairs in whatever texture of their choosing. I personally prefer downloading retextures, because they're often better-looking than the original hair's texture. But out of the creators, I have to say Newsea makes the most 'quality-worthy' hairs. Some of her older ones are a big buggy, but they're from 2010 and earlier, so it's to be expected. As for retextures, I'll link you some of my favorites.

ShockShame
Beaverhausen
PoiseidonSims
Sunpi
Plumb-bombs

Those are just a handful. You can find tons of hair and other items at MySims3Blog and numerous other places on the internet. And no problem, I don't mind helping because I've been there. I didn't start using custom content until the beginning of 2010, and I can remember how daunting it was at first. I also learned a lot from other people at the sims community on tumblr, and there are some great tutorials here on MTS as well. Eventually it'll all come together. If you need any help, just send me a message, and I'll do my darndest!
Test Subject
#7 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 6:57 PM
For the shoes why don't you ask Altea127 herself? Here's a direct link to her profile on TSR: http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/altea127 I already checked her shoe section and couldn't find it there, so maybe she store it somewhere else or something You will need to register on this site, if you haven't already ^^