Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st May 2016 at 10:57 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default The toddler's bedroom is broken...
Every time I try to have my sims put their toddler to bed or sit on a chair in her bedroom they go back downstairs, all the way outside, down the stairs and then glitch at the bottom and go up and down the stairs a few times, then all the way to the mailbox, then the bubble that something is in their way pops up. I've tried moving everything around in the bedroom.
I had the moveobjects on cheat active while I was decorating the room so I though maybe I put something too close or in the path of the crib but I've made sure the crib wasn't blocked in any way. I though it could've been the crib itself but I moved it out into the hallway and they were able to put her in it just fine.
I've also had my other sim glitch in the exact same way when trying to put down a plate of tofu dogs though so it's probably not just the toddler's room that's the issue. The lot I'm using is a custom one that I just started using the other day and have been having issues with since so I'm thinking it could the way the lot was built or something. I'm using Pralinesims' Elven Cottage 2.
I've also tried resetting the sims as well as resetting the entire town. I also just installed a few NRaas mods (Relativity, Traffic, Register, Vector) but it was having this issue before then and they appeared to have no changes to the problem either.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st May 2016 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
3 possibilities

1) Size of the toddler room is too small. For some reason toddler "2 people social jig" is either really big or just hard to place. It happens a lot, so sims end up going outside to a more open space.
- Solution, build larger rooms

2) The other possibility is much rarer, you might have a custom home that is not completely flat. I ran into one in Riverview. When I tried to build more walls in the house, it won't let me. Because it is not completely flat, there's some routing problems.
- Solution, constrainfloorelevation false and use the ground level tool

3) Also rare, you have some broken invisible object blocking some key paths. But this one should be trackable, you won't be able to walk on the actual square with the inv object.
- turn on buydebug and use the hammer tool to delete "around" the area. Possibly put an object next to it, then delete and drag the hammer tool over the invisible object.

Well, it's definitely not a completely flat lot. It's one with lots of hills and and different terrain levels. I didn't know many terrain levels would have an effect on where they can and can't go unless the slope was too high or something. But the actual house is on a flat area I believe.