Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 2:02 PM
Default EP2: Ambitions! It's official!
Yep, it's real, and it's coming!

First news article on the official TS3 site: http://www.thesims3.com/community/n...=2010#164255734

This first post will be updated with new info as it's available.

Discuss your thoughts on the upcoming expansion here!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 2:05 PM
Looks like a second EP, I won't be buying. EA is saving me lots of money on game purchases this year
#3 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 2:10 PM
Following sims to work? It's about time. It should have been the first EP actually. And now that we can control doctors during work hours, would diseases be included?
Instructor
#4 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 2:14 PM
Many people complain that EA does not listen to the fans. Well this choice as the 2nd EP proves they do. One of the biggest complaints when TS3 came out was not being able to follow your sims to work. There was discussion about how we should have more control over their behavior at work and a lot more. EA listened and we will be getting Ambitions. How well they listened is something we will have to wait and see about.

Most of my sims do not have jobs unless it is part of their LTW. I guess now I will have a reason to employ my dollies.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 2:17 PM
Hmm, my initial thought is that this sounds like FreeTime done right. The hobbies are kind of weak on their own, but this one seems to have potential. Of course, it's all lies and propaganda for now, so I'll wait and see what it does when we know more and/or it's been released.
#6 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 2:19 PM
I wonder if we're getting musical instruments with this EP. Cause musicians have ambitions too, right?
Instructor
#7 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 2:27 PM
I hope when it says you can effect the town with your sims actions they aren't lying because that sounds spectacular. Really love dynamic neighbourhoods.
#8 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 2:36 PM Last edited by CharmingFirewaller : 4th Mar 2010 at 4:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Elyasis
I hope when it says you can effect the town with your sims actions they aren't lying because that sounds spectacular. Really love dynamic neighbourhoods.

Yeah, I do too. They mentioned that in one of their base game promo videos, didn't they?
Instructor
#9 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 2:58 PM
"... or live on the edge as a tattoo artist."

Yay, just this one thing is enough to make me buy the EP.

"Modify the town’s structure as an architect or set neighborhood fashions as a stylist."

I'm curious what kind of options will this open.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 3:00 PM
i hope this means we can SEE the inside structures of the business office, hospital, diner etc. man i have been waiting for this

"I've been really busy being dead. You know, after you murdered me. But I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. you monster"

-GLaDOS
Test Subject
#11 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
Looks like a second EP, I won't be buying. EA is saving me lots of money on game purchases this year

Edit:
On second thought I read on the forum that it says entrepreneurs. I wonder what KIND of entrepreneurs they mean. If we can open our own business then count me in. That's what I've been waiting for and they really need to include that in the description. I'd definitely be willing to buy Ambitions for that feature alone.

Sigh...guess I can't resurrect my PS2 games just yet and need to wait for more official news.

--------------

Gotta agree with this response. I am totally disappointed at the fact this does not sound OFB-like from previous rumors (hobbies and professions). I really need inventory management or at least something that makes me feel like the stuff I'm harvesting has a purpose other than sitting there looking pretty in my inventory.

Will be waiting a few more years for that in my POV. For now I'll be rediscovering the PS2.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 3:08 PM
This sounds fantastic. OMG! I'm excited. I will be making a tattoo artist ASAP! lol
Banned
#13 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 3:11 PM
I like the whole "my sims actions affect the town" angle... I will definitely get this one!

*edit* one small complaint... the logos seem uninspired and boring... oh well :-P
As long as the content is good!
Test Subject
#14 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 3:13 PM
I know these type of screen shots are sometimes not whats really in the game but, I seem to see robots and motorcycles.Motorcycles and tats,oh Biker Guy rises from the ashes.
Instructor
#15 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 3:21 PM
I think a lot of the new careers sound really great...tattoo artist, sculptor, ghost buster, fashion designer, inventor (with servos it looks like...yay), I love all of those. I'm going to have a hard time deciding which to do first. I love the idea of making house calls as a doctor and investigating crime scenes as a detective. I think this sounds like a great idea for an EP...really interesting and different stuff.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 3:21 PM
Yeah, doesn't sound that spectacular. I still have my doubts about following Sims to work. One thought I hadn't considered until I saw this, is what if you have a household of several adults? You can only have one active at a time, so if you are trying to max all your Sims how do you handle all of them at the job? We'll just have to see how it works. They'll move autonomously of course, but if there's one thing I've learned it's that autonomous Sims do stupid things (I still remember my Sims2 sim jumping into the swimming pool during a snow storm and nearly freezing to death...)

Anyway, I'll get it, of course. Ghost hunter, tattoo artist and that guy blowing stuff up sound like great fun!

You know... if we can change the neighborhood... maybe our insane Sims can blow up the neighbors houses and the architect sim can rebuild them (using the proper aesthitic qualities that only he or she has.) I think I'm going to have fun with this EP.

I hope they release a list (even if its short) of some of the new stuff that will come with it. I'm also hoping for instruments and more games, like poker and mah jongg. And a pool table.

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Theorist
#17 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 3:18 PM
Still need stores in my game I'm afraid....

New pics:
http://www.snootysims.com/ambitions...ambitions01.jpg
http://www.snootysims.com/ambitions...ambitions02.jpg

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Alchemist
#18 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 3:45 PM
I'm not excited either. But I haven't touched TS3 in months. In fact it hasn't been even INSTALLED for months... I was hoping the next EP would pull me back in but I seriously doubt it in this case. Unless this does indeed have OFB type features
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 3:50 PM
I will definitely get this! Firefighters? Ghost Hunters? More work options? YES! Definitely will get this. Sounds awesome.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 3:56 PM
YESHHHHH !! ghost busters ! :L lol i really hope we wont have to patch our games before installation ......

badger badger badger badger MUSHROOM MUSHROOM !!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 3:54 PM
I would buy the EP no matter what--I'm dying for something new to do with my sims. I've gotten tired of gardening and making nectar and my sims are filthy rich from tomb raiding.

Mostly, I will buy because there aren't enough machinima tools and CC out there for me to try and make serious music videos, so all of my projects are on hold for the time being. Therefore, I am forced to actually play the game.

So yeah, I will buy Ambitions. I like the idea of being able to follow the sims to work--especially if your action has real impact on the town. Also, it looks like EA is trying to make the consequences of being evil be a bit more EVIL (and maybe impact other sims). That would be fantastic. I would love it--if Ambitions also included seasons and/or the ability to make "apartment" lots with NPCs sharing a lot with sims you control. Kind of impossible to do good urban neighborhoods otherwise. And I hate the Sims franchise obsession with surburbia.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Still need stores in my game I'm afraid....

New pics:
http://www.snootysims.com/ambitions...ambitions01.jpg
http://www.snootysims.com/ambitions...ambitions02.jpg

Wow, I see a lot of scrap metal in one of those pics. Maybe they included garbage collecting as a new job?

As for the new features, the ones about modifying the town structure and fashion sound most interesting. Maybe they'll let us move around lots. The inventions also sound good.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
But I haven't touched TS3 in months. In fact it hasn't been even INSTALLED for months... I was hoping the next EP would pull me back in but I seriously doubt it in this case. Unless this does indeed have OFB type features

Same here. I'll definitely rent the game for a couple days and if it's as good as it sounds and there are really nice new objects in it, I'll buy it when the price has decreased a little because I'm not paying $50 for an expansion pack.
Alchemist
#24 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by corapntr
Edit:
On second thought I read on the forum that it says entrepreneurs. I wonder what KIND of entrepreneurs they mean. If we can open our own business then count me in. That's what I've been waiting for and they really need to include that in the description. I'd definitely be willing to buy Ambitions for that feature alone.

Sigh...guess I can't resurrect my PS2 games just yet and need to wait for more official news.

--------------

Gotta agree with this response. I am totally disappointed at the fact this does not sound OFB-like from previous rumors (hobbies and professions). I really need inventory management or at least something that makes me feel like the stuff I'm harvesting has a purpose other than sitting there looking pretty in my inventory.

Will be waiting a few more years for that in my POV. For now I'll be rediscovering the PS2.

I'm waiting for additional info, but on the surface I don't see putting down my money for it. My xbox 360 will continue to get a workout

Quote: Originally posted by Bailey Weggins
Same here. I'll definitely rent the game for a couple days and if it's as good as it sounds and there are really nice new objects in it, I'll buy it when the price has decreased a little because I'm not paying $50 for an expansion pack.

How do you rent a pc game?
Forum Resident
#25 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
I'm not excited either. But I haven't touched TS3 in months. In fact it hasn't been even INSTALLED for months... I was hoping the next EP would pull me back in but I seriously doubt it in this case. Unless this does indeed have OFB type features

as usual, its impossible to please everyone, but i am excited!
i'm really curious how this EP will turn out to be, as WA was a bit dissapointing,
but this one sure sounds promising.
Page 1 of 27