Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 28th Nov 2013 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
It really sounds like all of your neighborhoods were reset. If so, then there's nothing to be done without a proper backup.
Exactly how are you seeing that your custom made sims and lots are still in the E001 folder? Have you opened the user or lot or neighborhood packages in SimPE and examined the pictures and text to identify them? Did you browse the Lots and Characters folder using the Clean Installer and identify your custom sims and lots? If not, can you explain the procedure that you used?
Yes, I have opened them in SimPE and they are stored in the Lots and the Characters folders. I haven't opened all of them, I have opened only the last modified, but it was enough to understand they are all still present.

Now, I have only one possibility to recover the lots I am concerned: copying them into the LotCatalog folder and renaming them with the prefix "cx_" followed by a proper number.

While, for the sims I don't know what should I do: the Sim Surgery in SimPE could be useful?
Or I could try to copy the sims I am concerned into the LotCatalog, renaming them with the prefix "cx_Character_cx_" followed by a proper number?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 28th Nov 2013 at 9:19 PM
And I can tell you another thing (I don't know if it could be useful).

Belladonna Cove (main hood) + Sim State University (university sub-hood) + Académie Le Tour (university sub-hood) + Downtown (sub-hood) + Bluewater Village (commercial sub-hood) + the 3 original vacation sub-hoods + all the secret lots

contain: 242 Lots (from E001_Lot1 to E001_Lot242) and 855 Characters (from E001_User00000 to E001_User00854).
Site Helper
#28 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 2:30 AM
Copying the lot packages to the LotCatalog and renaming them is a good idea.

I do not believe that you will be able to salvage your sims by copying them to the LotCatalog, but you can be sure that any occupied lot which resulted from that would instantly corrupt your new neighborhood.

If you can see your sims in Sim Surgery, then select and Extract them. You'll then want to clone them in BodyShop to remove the hood-specific information from the resulting packages.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 11:29 AM
Updates.
I've copied a lot in the LotCatalog with the method I've written above and it's present in the LotCatalog. Since it's an original lot I've modified (and not a new one), it has been renamed with its original name and not with the new name I gave it. But this is not a problem because the original lot from which I created my custom hasn't been overwritten and it's still present in the LotCatalog.
So, from what I've seen, the lots are recoverable (a good news).

And now we come to the most unpleasant part.
The other day I haven't opened the sims in detail, I've opened them one at a time from the Characters folder.
Yesterday instead, I proceeded in another way. I've opened Belladonna Cove with the Neighborhoods Browser in SimPe, then I've opened the Sim Browser and I've searched all the types of sims (Playable, Townies, NPCs and Uneditable). Well, all the sims I've created are now uneditable, like the Grand Vampires, the Genius, the human statues, the postmen (and postwomen), etc:

Then, I've opened my character (Danny Power) and I've seen that has been deleted all the data related to him (the days left, the interests, the family relationships, etc.). I don't have opened other sims I've created, but I think that it's happened the same thing.
So, it seems that sims aren't recoverable.
But I have one last chance: I must try to evoke them with the Summoner included in the Inseminator (if they are present in the list of Default sims, NPCs or Townies) and then make them selectable and see if they still have stored data.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 5:13 PM
The Summoner included in the Inseminator has found the sims (I've created) in the list of Default sims. I've summoned my character (Danny Power) and then I have made him selectable: it has been reset all his data, but he appears with the face, the body and the clothes he had the last time I've played with him.
So, the use of the Sim Surgery in SimPE is useless because I can summon them with the Inseminator, make them selectable and then move them in the Families Catalog (hoping that the neighborhood doesn't crash).
The only thing I regret is that they have lost all the stored data
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 10:48 AM
So, things have gone this way and there's no possibility to return completely to my previous neighborhood, but I can still recover some useful data to make it look like it was.

Now, since the AnyGameStarter could be useful in the future to test other mods, can someone explain me what are the steps I have to follow before uninstalling the AnyGame created, to get return everything as it was before its installation?
I only have to click on the file Sims2_Full.reg or there are other steps to follow?
Site Helper
#32 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 6:37 PM
Have you tried moving your sims to another family using SimPE? I have no idea whether that will make them available in Sim Surgery or not, but it might be worth a try.

I believe that these are the steps:
- Edit the current family and remove the sim from that family.
- Edit the new family and add the sim to that family.
- Edit the Sim Description and ensure that the family ID is correct.

If you'd like to share your neighborhood, I'd be interested in seeing if I can figure out why your sims are uneditable.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 10:08 PM
Have you tried moving your sims to another family using SimPE? I have no idea whether that will make them available in Sim Surgery or not, but it might be worth a try.

I believe that these are the steps:
- Edit the current family and remove the sim from that family.
- Edit the new family and add the sim to that family.
- Edit the Sim Description and ensure that the family ID is correct.

If you'd like to share your neighborhood, I'd be interested in seeing if I can figure out why your sims are uneditable.
Ahah no, I don't want to know the steps I've to follow to recover the sims created, because I've found a way to do it, thanks to the Summoner included in the Inseminator.
I'd like to know the steps I've to follow in the future after I've installed an Anygame (and tested a mod) and before I disinstall the AnyGameStarter, to get return everything as it was before its installation.
Site Helper
#34 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 10:26 PM
I'm really not sure what you did to cause such problems with your game, so it's difficult to say how to avoid those problems.

I don't understand why you would want to uninstall the AnyGameStarter; I've never done it and have no idea what happens when you do. Doesn't the download thread suggest anything? Unfortunately, the creator has left the community and the source code isn't available, so you may just have to experiment. It's unfortunate, because it's a great program when it works correctly, but no one is supporting it any longer.

Unless I'm really mistaken, you can uninstall an AnyGame by just deleting the folder; there is no other information stored elsewhere. In that case, you should just make sure that your full game is running correctly before you delete the AppFiles folder. Otherwise, you could lose the REG file that resets your system to the default.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 10:59 PM
I'm really not sure what you did to cause such problems with your game, so it's difficult to say how to avoid those problems.

I don't understand why you would want to uninstall the AnyGameStarter; I've never done it and have no idea what happens when you do. Doesn't the download thread suggest anything? Unfortunately, the creator has left the community and the source code isn't available, so you may just have to experiment. It's unfortunate, because it's a great program when it works correctly, but no one is supporting it any longer.
It's a pity that he has retired, also because Numenor is one of the best modder of TS2.
It's true that he is Italian like me?
Unless I'm really mistaken, you can uninstall an AnyGame by just deleting the folder; there is no other information stored elsewhere. In that case, you should just make sure that your full game is running correctly before you delete the AppFiles folder. Otherwise, you could lose the REG file that resets your system to the default.
And I think it's better to make a backup of the neighborhood before instaling the AnyGameStarter
Site Helper
#36 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by danny_power
And I think it's better to make a backup of the neighborhood before instaling the AnyGameStarter
Yes, good point.

I'm sorry that I can't help any further.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 12:18 PM
Yes, good point.

I'm sorry that I can't help any further.
Don't worry, I already did lose you a lot of time with this problem
Page 2 of 2