Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 5:05 PM
Default Low bed
Hi. I want to make a bed which is half as high as the normal bed like sort of a futan bed. Now the meshing part is easy ,but do I have to adjust some numbers in the cres? in order to make the sim interact correctly when sleeping on the bed, which values of the cres should be adjusted. Any Idea thanks for help.
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 1:27 AM
Hi telefen

You will need to look in the CRES blocklist and find the block for the slot the Sim snaps into when sleeping.

Check out this guide on the CRES. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=84487
It will show you around and how to do the translations (as well as rotations--but you probably won't need to do any). Take note of the image that shows how the directional axis differ in-game versus in a 3D modeling program. As for what values to use in the X/Y/X translation boxes, that's a bit trial and error. Make a change, load the game, see how it looks, exit out of the game, and repeat as needed.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#3 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 2:00 AM
To add to what MSD said: Changing the height of that slot doesn't mean that all of the sim animations will be lowered. The most likely thing would be that they lay down at the original height then snap into the new height afterwards. (And they might get out of bed in a strange way, too.) I could be wrong about that, but having changed the height of that type of slot, that's been my experience. The slots I've changed have been made higher and sims kind of float up then sit and float down then stand up.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 8:12 AM Last edited by telefen : 30th Sep 2014 at 9:22 AM.
Thanks everyone; I think I take a rain check on this project. Meshing is piece of cake compare to all those algoritms. I'll probably come back to it. I wish there was people willing to do a join project each with their own strenghts and I personally feel more at home messing with mechanical part of the whole thing. I have tones of idea's as to make new hobby items like 1-a stepper exercise machine, 2-a punching bag hanging from the ceiling. 3- a martial art wooden animated dummie.4.how about an animated dulphine in your swimming pool just like the animated fish in the pond. If anyone is interested, we can do something to give a new look to an old game.

After many years of being with sims,and then sims2, I feel like I started reading a book with many chapters and I have only read a few.