Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 7:20 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions
Default Please Help! This pertains to the DCBackup folder, custom content, and saved sims.
(First off, I am unsure of how to put this into the Help section, so if the category is wrong, I am deeply sorry.)
I'll tell the entire story.
To make my game run faster, I decided to clean out my DCBackup folder, so I moved everything to a different folder, including the ccmerged.package, since I didn't know not to move it. When I started my game, many of my custom content items were missing, so I tried moving all the original files back into the DCBackup folder. However, that didn't help.
So, I went and cleaned out my Mods folder as well, and extracted all of my custom content items back into it. Some worked, some didn't. And by some, I mean many didn't work. My friend told me to delete these four folders to see if it would help.
CASPartCache.package
compositerCache.package
ScriptCache.package
simCompositerCache.package
We went back into the game to see if this had helped, but now all of my custom content, every single bit of it, was gone! Even if everything still remained in the Mods folder.
So, does anyone have a solution, or can help me in figuring out what I can possibly do to fix all of this? Would I have to uninstall and reinstall my game? And if I have to, I do not want to lose all of the sims saved to my bin, my saved games, screenshots, any of that! Is it possible to keep all of that, even if I do have to reinstall?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 12:43 PM
Cygrus, I am trying to help you here:
http://modthesims.info/m/showthread.php?t=494250

Please only make one thread about one problem.
Locked thread | Locked by: simsample Reason: Duplicate