Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 12:34 AM
Default Sweat It Out Sauna
Hi. I want to make a new mesh with some changes to the maxis sauna, making it into a steamroom instead. To begin with I like to have two rows of single sitting one on each side as you enter (By single I mean there is no climbing to secondary seating). Then is it possible to have the steam jetting out thru a hole in the wall and filling the room? I want to cover the whole inside with white tiles and a drainge in the center. the first question is the main problem as if I move the sitting 90 degrees and clone that part and place them horizontaly opposing each other to fit totally of six people, three persons on either side. What is the thing I have to do to fix the seating and other changes like the steam part. I want to also make a glass door instead of wood. Is this possible? Thanks in advance as I lack certain skills when it comes to object modding.

I am including a rough sketch to help the viewer.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 7:19 AM
Since you can change the position a sim sits on a couch, it may be possible to change where they sit in your sauna. The steam- it's an effect? You should be able to change the position in the CRES- including rotating it if you want it coming out of a different wall. Glass door? I don't see why not- as long as your sauna has a glass subset. You can make that subset take it's color from the TXMT or give it an actual TXTR- in either case, you would be able to make it recolorable.

I have never looked at the sauna mesh. In fact, I have never used the sauna in my game. So I can't say for certain whether changing where the sim sits or changing the position for the steam will work or not. All I know is that you can change the position a sim sits on a couch (or a chair even- I've had to move that part forward in the past) and I have moved effects before. You'll just have to try it and see if it works or not. Adding a glass subset for the door should work no matter what.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 8:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
Since you can change the position a sim sits on a couch, it may be possible to change where they sit in your sauna. The steam- it's an effect? You should be able to change the position in the CRES- including rotating it if you want it coming out of a different wall. Glass door? I don't see why not- as long as your sauna has a glass subset. You can make that subset take it's color from the TXMT or give it an actual TXTR- in either case, you would be able to make it recolorable.

I have never looked at the sauna mesh. In fact, I have never used the sauna in my game. So I can't say for certain whether changing where the sim sits or changing the position for the steam will work or not. All I know is that you can change the position a sim sits on a couch (or a chair even- I've had to move that part forward in the past) and I have moved effects before. You'll just have to try it and see if it works or not. Adding a glass subset for the door should work no matter what.
Thanks for trying to help me. You know I feel completely lost when it comes to cres and moving seat positions or such. If you say you can move the sitting position, then it would be possible to lets say instead of 3 people sitting in a row why not 4 or 5 a little closer like in a real thing. . Is there a tutorial which shows how to do all the stuff you mentioned?