Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 4:35 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Yet ANOTHER Graphical issue--black screen when clicking at all
So, today after not simming for a year or so, I decided to build some stuff in TS2--that lovable old dinosaur.

Now, since moving to Windows 8, I have always had the issue with the screen going black when coming into neighborhood mode--that's no problem--tab out, come back in. But a new issue in addition to that has made the game literally unplayable--anytime I click anywhere, on anything, the screen goes black, requiring another tabout.

Every time.

And finally, when I click on the Buildings Tab to be able to go into the lots, the game goes--and stays--black, tabouts notwithstanding.

I imagine there may be a graphical or Windows 8 conflict--I've tried everything I could think of, even windowed mode. Funny thing with that--neighborhood selection will be windowed, but going into a 'hood puts the game fullscreen again, the bastard.

Any and all help would be appreciated, MTS-bros.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 8:08 AM
Have you tried running the game in compatibility mode?
Also check out the graphic rules maker in case it's your card http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 4:36 PM
That helped fix it, actually. Thank you!

I figured it out via that fix--I was pulling down my desktop resolution (somehow) for the ingame resolution, and it was too high. So instead of the 1920x whatever, I'm using 1600x whatever, which works perfectly.

Thanks for the assist!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 6:05 AM
Great! :D

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~