Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Attraction Traits Fix (V1.06) for BV+

by tunaisafish Posted 12th Feb 2009 at 7:42 PM - Updated 7th Jun 2010 at 2:25 AM by tunaisafish : Added Alienism version

65 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 53 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Instructor
#2 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 3:43 AM
I already got this on your site. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 3:58 AM
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!!!!! Finally :o)

Please do not upload, or post any of my creations to the Sims2 Exchange or any pay site. As a note; I like to personalize all my creations by altering the alpha files a bit, which if anyone has tried before it can be a pain. ;o) Happy Simming :o)

More Jules5 creations
Not actually evil.
#4 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 4:15 AM
- Wearing Glasses or Jewelry no longer sets the Lycanthropy trait.
- Jewelry now correcty sets the Jewelry trait.

Sometimes I wonder if Maxis writes some of these bugs on purpose, just to screw with us for fun. Thanks for fixing this.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
#5 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 6:46 AM
Yeah! Seriously! This is so silly! Thanks for the fixes
Mad Poster
#6 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 7:16 AM
Thank you so much for this
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 9:47 AM
Thank you for this fix! I was wondering why some of my sims were ticked as having Lycanthropy. And, was equally perplexed as to why sims with facial hair didn't register as having full face makeup. Now, I know. :o)
Field Researcher
#8 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 11:30 AM
*blinks* Huh? What? Did I miss something? *scratches head* Hmm, maybe this could explain why tweaking turn ons didn't always seem to work - I had no idea! I'll have to give this a try, thanks!

Please don't PM/IM me with requests
Instructor
#9 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 11:38 AM
It's about bloody time someone did this. I so needed it.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 12:16 PM
ok, this explanes why my turn-on & off's dont work properly! Thank you for explaning and definatly for this fix!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 1:47 PM
Wow. I didn't realize it was so screwed up. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 2:48 PM
I've always said EA/Maxis needed to do public betas... we catch this stuff (AND fix it) long before they even know it's a problem!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 9:03 PM
Neat, thanks
Test Subject
#14 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 8:38 AM
Thanks! :D
Scholar
#15 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 3:14 AM
I'll say it again: Thanks, Tuna!
Inventor
#16 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 12:56 PM
Well that explains some things. Now my sims will be able to find Mr/Mrs perfect.
Thanks for a needed fix.

~R.I.P Tibbs. You will be truely missed~

|MTS2|DeviantArt|
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 4:22 PM
Wow! I had no idea about all these bugs! Thank you so much!! *downloads asap*!!

Pax,
CTherese

"Wolves are not just wild dogs. Rather, dogs are domesticated wolves."
~L. David Mech; The Way Of The Wolf~
Not actually evil.
#18 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 2:03 AM
Is this the version without the "alienism" attraction trait? If so, would you mind adding a link to that version? Also, is this the old version with the reset bug, or the new version with no reset bug? Not sure if the comments I've been reading at MATY apply to the version you have uploaded here or not.

I thought I remembered reading something about changing / adding pictures for replaced / new traits, but now can't find that text. Did I imagine it? You can't add traits yet, but can replace, right? So will the "alienism" version of your fix replace the custom hair picture in the CAS attraction panel with a picture of an alien? Hope so. Wasn't sure if I should post this here or at MATY, since I'm not feeling quite beefy enough for technical discussion of BHAVs and LUA.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Slippery When Wet
Original Poster
#19 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 4:55 AM
This one just contains the fixes, and does not cause a lot reset
The comments at MATY were for the original release. The reset problem version only lasted for about a day.

Here's the alienism version. There's also a different version on an 18+ website that you might want to check out before choosing a mod to replace the custom hair trait. Both my other versions contain new images and text.

I don't know if you imagined a thread that explained how to change the images and text, unless you are talking about what I wrote very briefly in MATY Bowels. Basically I think that adding more traits (quantity) is impossible without editing the exe file, but yes replacing traits works fine though.
Test Subject
#20 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 5:53 AM
I would love to have this in game! I hope it's reuploaded soon since I see it's one of the files affected by the recent crash.
Slippery When Wet
Original Poster
#21 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 8:40 AM
File was re-uploaded yesterday
Test Subject
#22 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 9:02 PM
Thanks! I've been wondering why attractions never worked. >.>
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 21st Mar 2009 at 11:37 PM
I never actualy noticed to be honest but i think ill take it anyway to be on the safe side.. hmm thats really interesting thanks.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 8:19 AM
Test Subject
#25 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 8:46 PM
thanks, but i already have the 18+ version from SXS2.com
but i wish that it hadn't replaced the custom hair trait, since alot of my sims have custom hair. it think it would have been better if it replaced one the skill traits
Page 1 of 3