Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 12:35 AM Last edited by Fennel27 : 19th Sep 2018 at 2:29 AM.
Default Turning sims into pollination technicians?
I'm using Reduced Random Townies Generation and cheats like those listed on the mod page to create my own townies/service sims/etc. and help prevent the game from generating random sims for those roles. Going through the mod files to get the NPCs I needed to create, I found sim tuning for an alien pollination technician, including these parts:

trait_isAlienPollinator
career_Adult_NPC_Pollinator

I'm wondering if this would let me create a sim and turn them into a pollinator. But does the game already generate its own before any sims are ever abducted, or as it needs to like with other random sims? And if it would work, could multiple pollinators be used?

I'm really missing having a setup like I did in TS2 with a multiple pollination technician mod, where I made 8 myself and set them up, but I don't want to break my game trying to do anything similar--especially since at least in previous games messing with certain NPCs can be bad. Thoughts?

9/18/18 Edit #1: Using the Show/Search Sim Info mod, I was able to see the game does generate a pollination tech before it's needed, as I guessed. The only hidden traits are the same trait_isAlienPollinator and, obviously, traits marking them as an alien. Due to my MCC settings the tech is a male. I'm researching and testing a few things out and will log my progress here in case anyone can help or is at least interested to see how it goes!

9/18/18 Edit #2: So, using cheats to add the Alien Pollinator trait and career doesn't appear to cause game problems, but it also doesn't function entirely. The trait shows up in Sim Info, but they don't take their new job. The only visible difference I can see in the Sim Info between my test sim and the actual pollination tech is that the real one is marked as a "special sim". A bit disappointing, but not surprising. There's obviously more to it. On the bright side, at least it doesn't seem to make the game implode. I'm currently going through the game's XML files relating to pollinators and abductions.