Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 9:26 PM
Default Making accessory use Sim's Skintone as it's texture with the alpha.bmp?
Hello! I was wondering if it's possible for a accessory to use a skintone as it's texture automatically, like if i have a blue skin it and i equip the tail it turns to that extact color. I figure editing the alpha texture would do something, I colored it black but it did not change to match the color at all. Help?

I go by the name Amaai
I also have a DA & a Tumblr too.

Amaai
Marinkastel
Female | Pan | ISTP
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 12:39 AM
I'm not sure that's possible. If you really want to have a tail that takes its texture from the skintone, it would probably be easiest to make the tail part of the body mesh; if the colour the alpha texture black in that case, the skin will show up on the tail. If you want the tail to be a separate accessory that matches the skin perfectly, you could always use the skin texture as the tail texture (using the Build DXT tool in SimPE to import the skin texture for the tail).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 3:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
I'm not sure that's possible. If you really want to have a tail that takes its texture from the skintone, it would probably be easiest to make the tail part of the body mesh; if the colour the alpha texture black in that case, the skin will show up on the tail. If you want the tail to be a separate accessory that matches the skin perfectly, you could always use the skin texture as the tail texture (using the Build DXT tool in SimPE to import the skin texture for the tail).

Is there any tutorials for using the tool?

I go by the name Amaai
I also have a DA & a Tumblr too.

Amaai
Marinkastel
Female | Pan | ISTP
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 7:41 PM
Which tool? Build DXT? You don't really need a tutorial just for that. In SimPE, open your tail's recolour and right click on the texture itself. Choose Build DXT from the drop-down menu. A new window will pop up. Then set sharpen from "Smoothen" to "None" in the pull-down menu. Click on "open image" to find your skin texture. Click "Build". Commit and save.