Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Sep 2011 at 9:23 PM
How to find bad CC on The Sims 3 Game Launcher?
I have been having problems with my game. My game loads up just fine, I have created sims without a problem. But when I'm trying to decorate a house my game stops responding completely. I have checked for any bad CC for package files and that doesn't seem to be the problem. Now I'm starting to think it could be bad CC from the The Sims 3 Game Launcher. Does anyone know of any tools that can detect bad CC on the game launcher?
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 5:35 AM
There aren't ANY tools that can find all "bad" CC, regardless of whether it's .package or .sims3pack files. There are all kinds of ways to cause issues with your game which can't be detected by any kind of file scan. The only way to find out for sure is to remove all your CC (.package and .sims3pack, which are the ones managed by the launcher) and then start putting it back, a bit at a time, till you find the culprit. Here's a guide you might find useful: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._Custom_Content

However, if you're always doing the same thing when your game hangs, you can narrow down the likely culprits. You said it's when you're decorating... doing what, exactly?

Is it when you have the Create A Style tool open? If so, you might have a bad pattern.

Orrrr... this is a long shot but it's happened to me... custom windows and doors created before the release of Late Night, and not updated, will crash games patched to LN and after. They changed something about the wall masks. Or something So if you have old custom doors and windows, try takign those out.

For further help, you should really be posting in the Game Help forums http://www.modthesims.info/fd.php?f=32
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th May 2013 at 9:10 PM
what about getting rid of the slut boots that cause stick babies and deformed toddlers .. ?
One Minute Ninja'd
#4 Old 12th May 2013 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by schieber.amy
what about getting rid of the slut boots that cause stick babies and deformed toddlers .. ?

Scroll through the sim/clothing section in the launcher carefully, and delete the slut boots when you finally spot them after your third or fourth pass through all the crap.
Test Subject
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 9:45 AM
Default My game also crashes, but different
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
There aren't ANY tools that can find all "bad" CC, regardless of whether it's .package or .sims3pack files. There are all kinds of ways to cause issues with your game which can't be detected by any kind of file scan. The only way to find out for sure is to remove all your CC (.package and .sims3pack, which are the ones managed by the launcher) and then start putting it back, a bit at a time, till you find the culprit. Here's a guide you might find useful: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._Custom_Content

However, if you're always doing the same thing when your game hangs, you can narrow down the likely culprits. You said it's when you're decorating... doing what, exactly?

Is it when you have the Create A Style tool open? If so, you might have a bad pattern.

Orrrr... this is a long shot but it's happened to me... custom windows and doors created before the release of Late Night, and not updated, will crash games patched to LN and after. They changed something about the wall masks. Or something So if you have old custom doors and windows, try takign those out.

For further help, you should really be posting in the Game Help forums http://www.modthesims.info/fd.php?f=32

My game crashes after a time.
First when i added Cc it just played well, but after 3 times i played it it started to crash after something like 40 minutes. And how more i played the sims how earlier it started to crash.
What can i do about it?
One Minute Ninja'd
#6 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 12:27 PM
Take out your cc. If the crashes resolve, add things back one at time to see which mod or cc is the cause of the problem. Then remove the problematic item and remember to never download it again for use in your game.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#7 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FlowerCarolina
What can i do about it?
Not resurrect dead threads for one. And 2nd, report what happens when you follow the instructions. The answer is provided in the FAQ linked above, have you tried that? 3rd, post in Sims 3 Help.
Locked thread | Locked by: ellacharmed Reason: rip