Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2004 at 6:08 AM
Default Cloning Buildings
I noticed that when I place buildings (either commercial or residential) that the building I placed gets removed from the bin. I downloaded the trailer house and want to place multiple copies of it for a trailer park. Can someone please tell me how I can do this?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 12th Nov 2004 at 6:12 AM
I'm not positive about this but you should be able to install it multiple times giving you many trailers in your bin. If you deleted the install file just repackage it and install that.
Hope that makes sense
Opti
Test Subject
#3 Old 12th Nov 2004 at 6:42 AM
What I had to do was package what I wanted to a file, then exit SIMs. Install the packaged lot, loaded sims and install it. Rinse, repeat. Pain the @$$. What Davey is looking for is the ability to use the eye-dropper tool and clone a lot instantly. Makes it quicker to populate a neighbourhood.

==========================================
Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.
Test Subject
#4 Old 12th Nov 2004 at 6:51 AM
There is another way of doing this outside of the program.
goto mydocument\eagames\sims2\ and right click on the folder labled LotCatalog go down to properties then click under attributes read-only until it has a check mark then click apply. Then make sure the dot is on (aply these changes to folder, subfolders and files. Then click ok.

What this does is everthing in the lot bin can't be deleted by the Sims 2 but if you add a new house you must do this again.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Nov 2004 at 7:18 AM
Thanks for the help! Maybe I should add a "clone building" mod to the modding wishlist?...
#6 Old 12th Nov 2004 at 7:24 AM
I don't know for sure but if you upload it to TheSims2.com and download it to a seperated folder(like I made 1 it is c:/games) then copy that file and paste it how many times you want, then just rename them all by adding a 1 or 2 or 3 or 4, ex...... to the end of the filename. that should work.
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies