Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 5:49 PM Last edited by justJones : 10th Feb 2014 at 6:58 PM.
Default The Dead Walk in Riverview - Evil Legacy/Serial Killer Hybrid Challenge
(Note: This is my first challenge. It's not so much a 'challenge' as it just is a fun scenario. Feel free to amend the rules if you feel there is a way to make this more challenging)

Dear Who It May Concern,
Upon receiving this letter, you are invited to join in our family tradition. Please do take care for after the next line, you must cooperate. If you choose not to cooperate, you will be killed.

xxxx

Due to...unfortunate circumstances, our family has had to relocate to a new neighborhood. It appears that our neighbors do not take kindly to our family tradition. We ask for your assistance in keeping our secrets and maintaining our way of life.

Sincerely,

Azrael Reficul

Summary
The name of the game is simple. Your family has a history of having mysteriously sinister things occur in their home. They have a tradition of killing off whoever they see fit and keeping their victim's graves in a graveyard on their lot. It's your job to make sure that these going-ons remain a secret!

Basic Rules
*Feel free to motherlode as much as you want. The size and furnishings of your home don't matter, as long as you have space on your lot for your graveyard. You'll need it.
*The name Azrael Reficul is not a requirement, it's just the name of my family's matriarch I used for purposes of the letter. Name your sims whatever you like.
*This is an evil legacy game, therefore your family must be evil. Pick your other traits at your will.
*Witnesses must be killed and added to the graveyard. This means any outsider that enters your home for any reason must be hunted down and killed. (Yes, this includes the fireman, police officer, maid, handyman, etc. Outsiders who just come outside your home, i.e. the postal worker and paper girl/boy are safe.) No exceptions.
*You can create your first generation as a couple, or a single person, it doesn't matter. You are not, however, allowed to CAS the second generation onwards.
*Any family member who does not carry the bloodline trait set by your first generation is a disgrace and must be killed. You can choose to let the child services take them, or you can wait until they grow up at your own moral discretion. No exceptions.
*Any family member who is foolish enough to get arrested has revealed your secret to the outside world and must be killed. No exceptions.
*Outsiders are allowed into your home for offspring farming purposes, but must be killed shortly after they stop being useful. When they reach that point is up to you.
*Your family must occupy one house at any given time.
*If a witness escapes, you have one week (sims time) to kill them. Otherwise they've already gossiped about you to everyone in the town and you lose!
*If your family dies out due to genetics or arrests, you lose!

Tips/Notes
*You can decide what is and what is not your bloodline trait, set by your first generation's appearance. For example, I've decided my bloodline traits are black hair, and pale blue skin. You can be really specific if you feel like weeding out lots of babies, but be warned as this does make your legacy a bit more complicated.

Goals
*See how long you can keep your bloodline going!
*See how big you can make your graveyard!
*See how big and convoluted you can make your family tree!
*See how long you can practice your family tradition before you lose!

Take lots of screenshots, let's see your family, your graveyard, your family tree, etc! I'll post my first generation in a bit~

"There's nothing to writing.
All you do is sit at a typewriter and open a vein."
-Walter "Red" Smith
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 2:16 AM
Do we have to play in Riverview? Or can we use Sunset Valley instead?
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 4:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by clynnc19
Do we have to play in Riverview? Or can we use Sunset Valley instead?

You can play in whichever neighborhood you prefer. I just said Riverview in the title because it sounded cooler. >>

Personally, I chose Riverview because it's a small quiet farm town which makes it even better.

-Walter "Red" Smith
Field Researcher
#4 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 5:25 PM
Okay, I'll be using Sunset then. Can't wait for your first update
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 6:23 PM
This seems kinda cool, but, are we allowed to create loads of families before we create "the" family?

AmyJS
Test Subject
#6 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 9:15 PM

Scarlett Reficul is a selfish snob, who has no right to be as snobby as she is.. She has no money, she's renting a house in Riverview and barely getting by. Upon recieved the letter, Scarlett was no where near as shocked or upset by the letter as she should have been, it's the evil in her. She doesn't worry about barely being able to pay the bills.. She has her eye on a wealthy rich married man in town, Kurt Shallow. She actually kind of likes him for more than just his money.. But what's more important than money? The Shallow Family's world is about to change drastically..
Test Subject
#7 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 4:59 PM
Wow, nice bio. I'm gonna make my character the complete opposite though!
+ How do you upload photos?

AmyJS
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 4:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AmyJS
This seems kinda cool, but, are we allowed to create loads of families before we create "the" family?

AmyJS

Sure, I don't see why not

-Walter "Red" Smith
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AmyJS
Wow, nice bio. I'm gonna make my character the complete opposite though!
+ How do you upload photos?

AmyJS

Make an account on photobucket.com, upload the pictures, and copy the code that it gives you, open a new post and click the icon at the top of the text box that says "insert image" and paste the image code

-Walter "Red" Smith
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 4:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chadologic
Scarlett Reficul is a selfish snob, who has no right to be as snobby as she is.. She has no money, she's renting a house in Riverview and barely getting by. Upon recieved the letter, Scarlett was no where near as shocked or upset by the letter as she should have been, it's the evil in her. She doesn't worry about barely being able to pay the bills.. She has her eye on a wealthy rich married man in town, Kurt Shallow. She actually kind of likes him for more than just his money.. But what's more important than money? The Shallow Family's world is about to change drastically..

Looks good! I can't wait to see your progress! Also, I like the character's last name

-Walter "Red" Smith
Test Subject
#11 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 9:34 PM
I've never done a challenge before, but this sounds like it could be kind of fun.
Not sure how great I could do it, but I think I'd like to try it out

I do have a few questions though;

- are we allowed to 'age up' our toddlers/children to teens?

- can we place a few gravestones on the property before we start playing? (like creating some random people in cas, just to kill them and place their stones on our ground. Since it's supposedly been in our family for many generations, I thought it would be fun/natural, to have a few graves from the beginning )

Okay, I'm done talking now *scuddles off to CAS*
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lillac
I do have a few questions though;

- are we allowed to 'age up' our toddlers/children to teens?

- can we place a few gravestones on the property before we start playing? (like creating some random people in cas, just to kill them and place their stones on our ground. Since it's supposedly been in our family for many generations, I thought it would be fun/natural, to have a few graves from the beginning )

You're allowed to force aging, yes, but all the tombstones have to be of your own doing after the game starts. No padding your graveyard to give you an unfair advantage.

-Walter "Red" Smith
Test Subject
#13 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 5:19 AM
When i saw this challenge i was quite excited that i found one i could actually enjoy playing for a long period of time. Like with the whole genetic restrictions, which would of been an awesome extra challenge cause it would have had me shouting at the computer at times

I started this challenge, got my first victim the first day (burglar). Invited the burglar over the next day.. locked her in a little room. Then a few sim hours later a message appeared on my screen from the burglar "I'v got to go now. Bye". Looked over in the little box she was gone

Gah it was such a downer, cause there is hardly any deaths in this game now.
*sigh* But i plan to have a good crack at this challenge once some more various deaths come into the game. Sadly just drowning and setting sims on fire will bore me.. since those are the only two ways you can kill sims which arn't in your household

Great challenge by the way.
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 6:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sammi10393
I started this challenge, got my first victim the first day (burglar). Invited the burglar over the next day.. locked her in a little room. Then a few sim hours later a message appeared on my screen from the burglar "I'v got to go now. Bye". Looked over in the little box she was gone

You could use testingcheatsenabled on and shift click, add to household, and then drag her hunger to 0. Or just put a fireplace in the small room, have it turned on, put a lot of plants around and cross your fingers.

-Walter "Red" Smith
Test Subject
#15 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheLB
No padding your graveyard to give you an unfair advantage.

I apologize, I didn't really think about the 'Goals' of the challenge (specifically the second goal) when I came up with that idea/question.
I think I got a bit too excited about creating a family with this kind of history and forgot the purpose of the whole thing.

Again, I'm sorry, I'll try to think before I write from now on
Test Subject
#16 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 7:24 PM Last edited by Ketsuna : 8th Feb 2010 at 7:56 PM.
Did anybody come up with a good house to use for this? I'm trying to find a house that has a good area for graves and enough bedrooms for a potentially large family... plus all the amenities can't have them getting bored between deaths can we?

*edit* I think I found a good one, actually. "The Brown Mansion" by candlelight82. It's pretty darned ugly, but I think its perfect for this challenge, lots of space, atmosphere and functionality, and a big old fence around the whole thing.
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 6:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ketsuna
Did anybody come up with a good house to use for this? I'm trying to find a house that has a good area for graves and enough bedrooms for a potentially large family... plus all the amenities can't have them getting bored between deaths can we?

*edit* I think I found a good one, actually. "The Brown Mansion" by candlelight82. It's pretty darned ugly, but I think its perfect for this challenge, lots of space, atmosphere and functionality, and a big old fence around the whole thing.

I'm making a mansion, myself, but silly me gets all excited about making the house and spends days and days building a house and loses interest before I even get to the gameplay part...

-Walter "Red" Smith
Test Subject
#18 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheLB
I'm making a mansion, myself, but silly me gets all excited about making the house and spends days and days building a house and loses interest before I even get to the gameplay part...

LOL, thats why I always get premades for this sort of thing. I only let myself make a house for the sake of making a house . If you get frustrated try this mansion.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 2:26 PM
Should we use Dexter the Bear so we can kill people?
Test Subject
#20 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 1:20 AM
Wait, so your sims can get arrested?
Test Subject
#21 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 9:01 PM
This is awesome! I'll be starting this challenge soon. Thanks for the cool idea.
Test Subject
#22 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 12:53 AM
You'd think the Family trait part would be easier the first generation if you start with a couple lol... I made 2 sims with different shades of pale skin, black hair and blue eyes. Was planning to have the "Family Traits" be 1) Reasonably pale skin, 2) Black hair & 3) Blue eyes. With sims2 this would have been guaranteed, however with sims3 I so far have 1) pale skin, brown hair & brown eyes, 2) pale skin, black hair, brown eyes & 3) pale skin, brown hair, blue eyes. she's pregnant again so we'll see if I can get this to work lol. Also every family member must be evil, good kids will be marked for death as well.
Test Subject
#23 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 12:31 AM
Oooh this challege sounds lovely, I want to try!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 7th Apr 2010 at 3:52 PM
the dexter bear and magic skill sound like would do great for this challenge!
Test Subject
#25 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 2:42 AM
this sounds so interesting! I'm going to have to try this when i find my game
Page 1 of 5