Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 7:05 AM
Default Pets!
What kind of pets do you have? This thread is for talking about pets and showing off your pets.

I have 4 cats

Money (brown/black/gold/orange tortoiseshell cat)
Baby Girl (grey tiger cat with the softest fur you have ever felt, mother to Baby Boy and Mister Pinchers)
Baby Boy (grey tiger cat, almost identical to his mom but with bolder stripes, brother of Mister Pinchers)
Mister Pinchers (black and white tiger cat, reaaalllly fat, and knows how to play fetch)

I don't have many pics to show but here's Mister Pinchers sitting in the sink

Advertisement
#2 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 8:53 PM Last edited by Graveyard Snowflake : 29th Dec 2014 at 4:57 AM.
4 dogs - 2 westie brothers (Freddie and Fergus), 1 dachsund (Newman) and 1 yellow lab (Maggie)

16 cats (yes, I foster for Stray Haven and Tenth Life) - 1 back cat (Cam), 5 back-and-white tuxedos (Regan, Carmen, Gracie, Skyler and Danny), 3 grey-and-white tuxedos (Sasha, Grey and Lucy), 2 calicos (Sierra and daughter Sedona), 1 "torby" (Peep), and 4 tabbies (Mike, Emme, Charlie, and Raine)

Gracie is one of my cats and is a product of inbreeding, so she does have quite a few problems. We think that she is mostly deaf, and had surgeries on both of her knees to correct her luxated patella. She is very sweet, and and enjoys watching bird videos on Youtube.

Peep and Emme are fosters, and both have cerebellar hypoplasia, though Emme has a milder form than Peep does. Emme is mute, but can still purr, so if you adopt her, please make sure that she isn't stuck anywhere. Peep does stumble around a lot, and her rear end does get dirty when she uses the litterbox, and because of that baths are pretty much frequent. To make cleaning her up easier, we use doggie pads - the ones meant for dogs to go bathroom on. Emme gets a little bit dirty on her rear, too, so baths aren't as frequent, but it's still needed occasionally. Both are very sweet. Peep loves cuddling and Emme likes to relax on beds, and both love chasing the red dot that is the laser.

So yes, having so many cats does add up to a lot of cleaning, breaking up disagreements (they....don't always see eye-to-eye on certain matters), nearly tripping over one of them (especially Grey, who seems to enjoy playing little "games" with me, that little goofball), refilling their water bowls, taking them to the vet, playing and cuddling.

I also have to take care of the dogs, and by that I mean feeding them, cleaning up "little" accidents, letting them in and out, and all that jazz. Though I am getting kind of concerned for Maggie the lab, she is a bit overweight and is limping on one leg. I really need to take her to the vet...

Two more cats I forgot to mention: Hugo, the biggest cat in the house, very lazy tabby-tuxedo mix. Basia, maine coon mix, no doubt the oldest cat in the house, aged anywhere around 17-19 years old.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Banned
#3 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 9:26 PM
Kit-Kat, Benny, Mary. Three cats of mine, Benny however, I wish would not run away from me. Mary rubs her face everywhere, and Kit-Kat licks my everything off.
Scholar
#4 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 9:59 PM
My family has three cats, Sadie:

Sally:

And MY SOULMATE, always and forever, Sammy:

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 11:41 PM
I have 4 amazing cats: Riley, momma's boy, solid black with white underarms. Luna, daddy's girl, a calico, white with brown and black patches. Piper, momma's girl, charcoal grey with a small white spot on her chest and white toes (not feet, just TOES). And Charlie, an orange tabby who loves us, but still acts a bit wild from time to time. All of our cats are rescues, Riley being the oldest and Charlie the youngest, however I got the girls first.
I have 3 mice named Ginger (orange), Kessa (light tan), and Lexi (white with black spots).
I have 2 gerbils named Gidget who is black with a white spot on her chest and Shiloh who is silver.
I have a syrian hamster named Koda, who is the most gorgeous tortoiseshell black and brown.
I have a dwarf hamster named Xena who is very light gray on her underside and medium gray on her topside.
I have a bearded dragon named Bruce and a tarantula named Corrine.
We also have a fish tank with guppies, tetras, and ottos.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 1:56 AM
I have 2 inside cats, one outside squirrel, and one outa-sight husband. Only the squirrel comes when I call.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Inventor
#7 Old 30th Dec 2014 at 11:18 PM
I have two cats, Flossie, who's an 11 year old tortoiseshell, and Oscar, a black n white boy who'll be 3 in march. both kitties are moggies. I will post pics of them, when I can be bothered.

'You're a pretty pair of babies, playing with your live doll' Mrs Higgins, My fair Lady
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 3:27 PM
I have two pets. My chihuahua, Rosie, and my cat, Rainbow. Rosie is about 6 or 7 and Rainbow is going to be 13 years old this year.

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." -Vince Lombardi
Scholar
#9 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 3:00 PM
I think we had a thread like this already, maybe they could be merged please (if a mod reads this)? It would be a shame to not have them all together. If that's not against the forum rules anyway.

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=528948
Mad Poster
#10 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 5:09 PM
I've only ever owned fish.
I currently own just 1 goldfish I got at a carnival. We named him 'Dippy' because he swam on his side. We didn't think he'd last 2 weeks, but he'll be 2 years old this year, and he's stopped swimming sideways.

After university, when I get settled into a house that allows pets, me and my boyfriend want to buy a dog. We've been trying to work out for a while which pet breed (or mix) would be the best suited to us, as I'm a first time pet owner (but his family have owned a few huskies and a cute little jack russel x west highland terrier named Scruffy). I really want a husky, but it would probably be better to look for something smaller, and easier for me to manage. I like Corgi's but apparently they bark and shed a loooot.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
I've only ever owned fish.
I currently own just 1 goldfish I got at a carnival. We named him 'Dippy' because he swam on his side. We didn't think he'd last 2 weeks, but he'll be 2 years old this year, and he's stopped swimming sideways.

After university, when I get settled into a house that allows pets, me and my boyfriend want to buy a dog. We've been trying to work out for a while which pet breed (or mix) would be the best suited to us, as I'm a first time pet owner (but his family have owned a few huskies and a cute little jack russel x west highland terrier named Scruffy). I really want a husky, but it would probably be better to look for something smaller, and easier for me to manage. I like Corgi's but apparently they bark and shed a loooot.

Look into Basenji's. They aren't for everyone, but they're incredibly unique. They're one of the only dog breeds who clean themselves. They also physically cannot bark. Check them out. Their history is very old, dating back to ancient Egypt where they were worshiped. They're also small enough that they are ideal apartment pets.

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." -Vince Lombardi
Mad Poster
#12 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 3:03 PM
Two cats, both tuxedo markings, different breeds.

Socks: Age 12, Norwegian Forest Cat, received as a kitten from an unwanted pregnancy for a family friend's cat, Princess. She's clueless, a piggy and skittish.

Gemini: Age 5, Siamese-Domestic Shorthair, received as a family friend when she had to find it a home because her deathly-allergic-to-cats daughter was moving back in. She's vocal, proud and a hunter.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)