Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 10:44 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations
Default My Makeup Colour Won't Change!!!
My Makeup Colour Won't Change!!!

THE SCOOP:
A few weeks ago, I downloaded one of the lipsticks (I think it was Summer Lipstick or something like that) from LoriandaSims3, and when I put it in my game, the little paintbrush button down in the bottom-right hand corner of the makeup screen became faded, and I couldn't change the colours of any makeup unless I used the set defaults, which means I couldn't change the colour with the colour wheel (which I prefer to use). I uninstalled the lipstick, but the button is still faded and won't let me click on it to change any makeup colours, even eyeliner, eyeshadow and blush, on both genders and all ages, however, it works on clothing colours and hair colours. I restarted the computer, but it's still not working. This is only happening to my makeup section, and it is really frustrating me. Does anyone know how to fix this??? I would surely appreciate your help!!!

KEY POINTS:
1. The lipstick is uninstalled.
2. The button is faded and won't let me click on it.
3. Anything in the Makeup section contains this problem, even costume makeup.
4. My game is patched to the highest update, with Generations being my newest expansion pack.
5. I can download from anywhere that doesn't involve making an account or paying (with the exception of MTS.)
6. I need this fixed as fast as possible please!!!

I would prefer you post on this thread, but if, for some reason, you need to contact me otherwise, please e-mail me at [email protected].

Thanks!!!
DisneyDolphins97
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 6:57 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Game Problems
    For generic game related issues, please see this FAQ:Try each of the steps listed to either solve the problem or rule out Custom Content as the cause.

Do the FAQ.
Is the makeup OK in vanilla, cc-free game?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 8:57 PM Last edited by disneydolphins97 : 14th Jul 2011 at 9:08 PM.
No, it still does not work with no CC. I have also uninstalled it using the guide, and the cache files are deleted and everything. Still no luck.
I'm afraid the only way to fix this might be to reinstall the game, but before I go ahead and do that, might there be any other way to fix the problem???
In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 6:30 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Installing / Patching / Uninstalling
    1. Whether you are Installing for the first time or Reinstalling, be sure to read the Game Help:Installwiki FAQ.
      -
    2. This Game_Help:TS3_Uninstallwiki link has the step-by-step instructions to guide you through uninstalling The Sims 3,
      and its (EP/SP) packs. As well as removing any leftovers after uninstalling.
      -
    3. The Game_Help:TS3_Patchingwiki Guide provides information on:
      • Tips Before You Begin
      • Patching Common Errors
      • Manual Patch Downloads
      • Invalid File Errors and more

If you've done all 3 steps of the FAQ (inclusive of no CC in Sims3Packs, no Worlds, no Sims, no saves, etc), then yes, the borked files are in the game data in Program Files which can only be corrected by a proper "full" uninstall, reinstall & patch.

If you think Generations is the cause of it, you may try to uninstall that first, and test without it. Still on a new, cc-free game.

And the "it" here refers to CC or the game(s)?
Quote:
I have also uninstalled it using the guide
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 1:40 AM
Thank you so much for all your help. I have yet to uninstall the game, but I will shortly. Glad to know there is no other way to fix it before going ahead and doing it. Thanks again!
And "it" does refer to the CC.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#6 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 4:56 PM
Let us know if the full, clean reinstall fix it. May help others in future...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 4:12 AM
***UPDATE***
So I haven't uninstalled the game yet, but I found that if you click on the item you want, switch the category and then go back to the item, you can recolour it.
For example, let's say I want to recolour a lipstick.
First, I click on the lipstick I want.
Second, I go to the eyeshadow/eyeliner/blush/costume makeup section WITHOUT UNCLICKING THE LIPSTICK I HAVE CHOSEN.
Third, I go back to the lipstick and the little button in the bottom right-hand corner is suddenly working again!
I can now recolour it, thank the heavens! XD
It's not glitch-proof, but hey, at least it works!
Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 7:59 AM
I think I love you LOL
Quote: Originally posted by disneydolphins97
***UPDATE***
So I haven't uninstalled the game yet, but I found that if you click on the item you want, switch the category and then go back to the item, you can recolour it.
For example, let's say I want to recolour a lipstick.
First, I click on the lipstick I want.
Second, I go to the eyeshadow/eyeliner/blush/costume makeup section WITHOUT UNCLICKING THE LIPSTICK I HAVE CHOSEN.
Third, I go back to the lipstick and the little button in the bottom right-hand corner is suddenly working again!
I can now recolour it, thank the heavens! XD
It's not glitch-proof, but hey, at least it works!

You are a sim saver!