Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pose Player Updated 8-22-13

by cmomoney Posted 4th Apr 2011 at 3:10 AM - Updated 14th Jan 2015 at 7:09 PM by cmomoney : updated 8-22-13

2433 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1209 Feedback Posts, 1223 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 98
Test Subject
#126 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaleeko
Seconding Nyuuki; t'would be nice to know if there was a way to access those clips as well.

Also, I was wondering if I could request that the "disable thought bubbles" feature of this mod be removed, or at least add a way to switch it off; the toggle seems more of a hindrance than anything, because it seems to switch it on and off every time you run a pose; that and I always run with 'hideheadlineeffects on' running, so the mod actually turns them *on* at the wrong times, and it's... rather frustrating.

In any case, I continually cannot express how absolutely awesome and wonderful this mod is! I'm pretty sure this is basically going to change everything about how people set up scenes, now. <3

I agree wholeheartedly with this- it's the one thing that's frustrating me. This mod is fantastic and the toggling is the only thing that I've noticed with it that I wish were otherwise! It's made my screenshots like... a million times better.
Test Subject
#127 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
Did you buy the object in the game before moving the package to the new package folder in Documents by any chance? If so, delete the scriptcache and/or sell and rebuy the object in the game.

Aha! I should try this!!!
Test Subject
#128 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 7:54 AM
So I installed the pose player... entered code and all my sim would do is stand there... like she wouldn't pose at all... HELP!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#129 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 2:49 PM
Thanks so much! I love it! Great work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#130 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 3:38 PM
I have a problem. When I press on the movie frame has no interactions ???
Please help me.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#131 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 8:03 PM
Updated 4-11-11:
Added 'My List' interactions; fixed plumbbob/headline/motive toggle.
See main post for details.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#132 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 11:58 PM
this is fabulous. my artist sims are painting some wonderful paintings. thank you so much.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#133 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 2:43 AM
What a breakthrough in Sims 3 modding! Thanks a lot for this! Will help movie makers & story tellers a lot.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#134 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 4:32 AM
Yes Thank Yooooou!!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#135 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 5:44 AM
Uhhh. Maybe I'm technologically unadvanced or something, but whenever I try to play TS3 my game crashes since I've installed it. So then I tried uninstalling it thinking it was incompatible or sommat. Now it says something about an error and not being able to start the game and checking the log. The only way I know to fix that is to uninstall all my EP's and such then reinstall them. I'd love to have this in my game, so any help would be appreciated. ?

I have WA, LN, Ambitions, and High-End Loft Stuff. I'm patched all the way up. And I read in the comments that this supposedly works with the EPs. So maybe it was just the way I installed it.

I put it in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Mods > Packages.

Was that not the right thing to do?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#136 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 11:08 AM
I have a problem. When I press on the movie frame has no interactions ???
Please help me.
I don't speak English very well. I from Poland. Can you help me?
Write my nickname as you write to me, please
Test Subject
#137 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 11:09 AM
i need help please. i've taken this package data as you told it. but it did'nt work ... it's in the buymode, and i can take it in my house, but i can't click on it ... so what's wrong there?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#138 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 11:20 AM
OMG: This mod should not in any way cause your game to crash. I suggest you download Delphy's Dashboard and see if you have any conflicts or problems.

Vistix/x Little Girl x: Follow the instructions here

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#139 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 12:58 PM
I followed the guide but it still doesn't work..what can I do..I use win 7??please help I really need this poser
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#140 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 1:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hasel
I followed the guide but it still doesn't work..what can I do..I use win 7??please help I really need this poser

You'll have to be a little more specific. It was made and tested in Win 7, so that's not an issue.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#141 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 5:05 PM
Alright. Thank you. I'll try that.
Test Subject
#142 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cmomoney
There are a couple of reasons I didn't include a full list of EA poses:
1. I only have Base Game, so my list would be incomplete
2. This project was initially started as a way to easily test custom poses without having to create and object and write scripts to make it work, it just so happens it plays EA poses is as well. A lot of people can make poses, a lot can write scripts, not many can do both(or want to), so I made this mod.

Twallan's (NRass)animator lists EA animations, so if you're having difficulty finding them you could start there. If someone lists all the poses, I would happily add the list to this thread, or where ever is should be placed. I've added more EA poses to the example list(thanks OM).

@Julianafraga29: That pose will play (it's the pose I used in my pic), but it suffers from the bug I mentioned in the thread. So you have to play it twice, meaning 'play by name' then 'use current pose' consecutively.

@SassyDana: The fullbuild is pretty large and includes more than animations, so you have to scroll down to get to the names.

i have downloaded this and converted into a .package put it in the folder yet it still doesn't show up? any ideas why?
Test Subject
#143 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 2:42 AM
Thnks soooo much, TS3 needed this!!

I am however having an issue with actually making my sim pose... i think im typing it the right way in the text box. my sim has enough space my game is up to date, and so far no conflictions... idk what else to do....
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#144 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 10:06 AM
Can you fix the win 7 problem
Test Subject
#145 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 1:26 PM
still no luck in getting it to show up in the game.
Alchemist
#146 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BRiiTTANY
i have downloaded this and converted into a .package put it in the folder yet it still doesn't show up? any ideas why?
BRiiTTANY, the Pose Player is already in .package format so you don't need to convert it to put it in your Mods folder. Just download it again, take the .package out of the rar, and put it into your Mods folder as-is.

Quote: Originally posted by hasel
Can you fix the win 7 problem
hasel, the Pose Player does not have a win7 problem. I use win7 and it works fine for me. If it isn't working for you the issue is that your game is set up incorrectly. Read in the thread for multiple links you can look at to get help with that and please try one of them. Posting about the problem you're having multiple times in this thread isn't going to help you get this working because the fault does not lie with the Pose Player
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#147 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 4:51 PM
I am having problems with it, the pose thing worked with base game installed but as soon as i installed all my EP's up to Late Night it stopped working, what am I doing wrong? plus other peoples anims arent working either the ones I downloaded from here.

I actually reinstalled my whole game incase I had an conflicting mod somewhere but it's still not working with all EPs in.
Test Subject
#148 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 5:32 PM
Nice Mod cmomoney, but have some problems. I play on Win7 and have only the big expansion packs (WA, Amb, LN).
The mod plays only base game poses but not of the EPs or custom poses. I have checked my game with Delphys dashboard and framework installer.
Both programms does not show any conflict and all is patched up to 1.19. How I can solve the problem?
Interstellar Traveler
#149 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 10:47 PM
Thank you for the update! I was wondering why the headline effects kept reappearing.

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#150 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 1:39 AM
Thank you for updating it! I was getting annoyed alwasya having to retype "hideHeadlineEffects on" a million times.
Page 6 of 98