Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CAS Texture+Unitool v1.9.3569 r131 (Updated 9th October 2009 - Now works on OS X and Linux!)

by CTU Team Posted 18th Aug 2009 at 11:31 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 4:07 PM by Nysha

790 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 729 Feedback Posts, 60 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 29 of 32
Test Subject
#701 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 11:35 PM
Default DDS preview-- export problem
I have everything set up . Up until the point where you click BASE Texture and click find. The DDS preview pops up, but there is NO export option????
Forum Resident
#702 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 1:37 AM
iamDeadSilence- When the DDS preview opens, there should be an export button at the bottom right of the preview. Does it not appear for you at all?

piggypeach- I don't know my way around a Mac, but to open CTU, you should have an application file titled "CasTextureUnitool" in your setup folder. If you're not seeing it, you may want to redownload the CasTextureUnitoolNo3D.rar (it's in there!)
Test Subject
#703 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 6:39 AM
Export
HELP! There's no export button in DDSpreview!

[Edit]
I found it by reducing the size of applications.
Test Subject
#704 Old 26th Apr 2013 at 7:27 PM
I cant get the NETframework program. I'm on windows 7 so do I need it to run CTU?

Also, can I use this program to find and remove/fix problem parts such as clothing that appears on babies.

I believe I have some clothes from the exchange that are set for all ages, genders and clothing categories. They always appear on my new babies and NPC's. It is annoying how everyone who ages no matter the age defult to the horrid broken boots, top and pants.

I have tried to find them in the launcher but they're not there, I cant find them in downloads either since they were on a sim downloaded from the exchange.
Please help?

Emi-x-x-x-
Forum Resident
#705 Old 29th Apr 2013 at 10:17 PM
Is there a way I can convert maxis stuff that is not shown in the mesh list of the CTU? I was e.p. searching for the fingerless gloves (male and female) to add them to formal and sleep but couldnt find them under accessories.

Thanks, CTU is a great tool!

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Mad Poster
#706 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shmovese
Is there a way I can convert maxis stuff that is not shown in the mesh list of the CTU? I was e.p. searching for the fingerless gloves (male and female) to add them to formal and sleep but couldnt find them under accessories.

Thanks, CTU is a great tool!

If all you want to do is recatagorise the items then you can use S3OC (Sims 3 Object Cloner) which now has support for CAS items and is up to date with all current EPs.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#707 Old 1st May 2013 at 10:50 PM
I got everything running, but CTU always crashes as soon as it starts generating thumbnails. It also has trouble getting the root folder. I have to select "Sims 3" under "Electronic Arts" many times until the thumbnails begin to generate (then they crash). If this is what you mean by it "blowing up" then here's what I got in my terminal box, if that's what you're asking for:

Forum Resident
#708 Old 6th May 2013 at 1:39 PM
Thank you Menaceman44!

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#709 Old 6th May 2013 at 11:29 PM
What about windows 7
Test Subject
#710 Old 19th May 2013 at 6:41 PM
Dear Delphy
I got some problem about FaceShader.fx
It said that "error X1507: failed to open source file C:\......\FaceShader.fx"
Could you fix the problem, please?
Test Subject
#711 Old 23rd May 2013 at 11:01 PM
The tutorial seems to be working.

But whenever I try to do anything, I get this

http://i44.tinypic.com/30m4r4k.png

I'm not sure where the "Add a Design' button is either.
Test Subject
#712 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 10:00 AM
Default clothing
all i am trying to do is modify an outfit type. i really like this one outfit, but it is a "formal" outfit. all i want to do is make it a casual" outfit. i have this program installed, but when i try to load the .package file it says "no CAS part file can be found in this package". i have tried a few other programs, and googled and searched all over for a few hours now...if one of the more knowledgeable members/developers could help me...or even just point me in the right direction..that would be great
Test Subject
#713 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mitsurugi2424
all i am trying to do is modify an outfit type. i really like this one outfit, but it is a "formal" outfit. all i want to do is make it a casual" outfit. i have this program installed, but when i try to load the .package file it says "no CAS part file can be found in this package". i have tried a few other programs, and googled and searched all over for a few hours now...if one of the more knowledgeable members/developers could help me...or even just point me in the right direction..that would be great

I think there is a problem. I'm trying to do something similar to you with similar results.

I had CTU up and running perfectly a year or so back, but it will not work for me now. I've tried a mac and two PC's. I've redownloaded. I've had the location set correctly in the pathOverrides each time and sorted out any mono/net framework issues. In fact, the CTU opens fine, seems to be doing what it is supposed to, but then the .package file it creates is 4kb and doesn't show up in game.

I don't get an error message when reloading the .packages into CTU, but I still think we might be having more or less the same issue, Mitsurugi. What's the file size of the .package CTU is creating for you? Let me know if you find an answer or if someone shows up to help! Good luck!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#714 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 9:18 AM
i dont even get that far. as soon as i try to open it it gives me the error "no CAS part file can be found in this package". what i did, was take a stock sims 3 formal outfit and give it an alternate color. then i saved it so i could grab the package file it created in the saved outfits folder. all i want to do is make a copy an existing outfit. but change the category it is under, so that it is in with casual and not formal.
Test Subject
#715 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 2:50 PM
i dont even get that far. as soon as i try to open it it gives me the error "no CAS part file can be found in this package". what i did, was take a stock sims 3 formal outfit and give it an alternate color. then i saved it so i could grab the package file it created in the saved outfits folder. all i want to do is make a copy an existing outfit. but change the category it is under, so that it is in with casual and not formal.

Okay, I'm not entirely following what you did. If you are saying you recolored the outfit in game before using the CTU, that's not necessary. You can't open anything from your saved outfits folder in CTU.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#716 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 7:38 PM
ok, now we are getting somewhere. i am ignorant and didnt do the proper research into package files and just assumed this thing would open any package file. kinda like how old sims1 object viewers would display stock game objects and modded/user created ones. i come from a time where all ti took to modify outfits like im trying to do was to rename the skins file name lol. can you tell me how i might go about finding, making a copy of, and converting said outfit from formal to casual? all i want to do is change the category this outfit shows up under.
Test Subject
#717 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 5:47 PM
ok, now we are getting somewhere. i am ignorant and didnt do the proper research into package files and just assumed this thing would open any package file. kinda like how old sims1 object viewers would display stock game objects and modded/user created ones. i come from a time where all ti took to modify outfits like im trying to do was to rename the skins file name lol. can you tell me how i might go about finding, making a copy of, and converting said outfit from formal to casual? all i want to do is change the category this outfit shows up under.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=354639

For me, this will not work without adding the following step after step 6: under the Textures tab, find and export the .dds base texture and import a "new" base texture, even if it is just the same exported .dds file that has been renamed. YMMV.
Test Subject
#718 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 6:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fractal_bat
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=354639

For me, this will not work without adding the following step after step 6: under the Textures tab, find and export the .dds base texture and import a "new" base texture, even if it is just the same exported .dds file that has been renamed. YMMV.

thanks i was just about to start the journey into what you posted, when my other sims expansions finished installing, and now the outfit is under casual......lol i will still look at it, and i really appreciate the time, effort and help
Instructor
#719 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 10:49 PM
I am having the same issue as many other people have reported - I am trying to run CTU on a Windows 7 64 bit.

- I do have .Net framework 2.0 installed (in fact I tried installing it just in case and I got a message saying it was already installed as part of the OS).

- I did run as administrator.

- I did run with Vista SP2 compatibility.

Nothing. No matter how I attempt to run it, I get "CasPartEditor has stopped working". I don't get any more information than that.
Test Subject
#720 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 11:30 AM
Doesn't work for windows 7 or 8. PLEASE UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s.: Does anyone have an alternative program that's this easy to use? I'm terrible with computers.
Lab Assistant
#721 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by k2m1too
I am having the same issue as many other people have reported - I am trying to run CTU on a Windows 7 64 bit.

- I do have .Net framework 2.0 installed (in fact I tried installing it just in case and I got a message saying it was already installed as part of the OS).

- I did run as administrator.

- I did run with Vista SP2 compatibility.

Nothing. No matter how I attempt to run it, I get "CasPartEditor has stopped working". I don't get any more information than that.

I'm in the same boat. .Net framework and DirectX are up to date, and I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be working, but it's giving me the CasPartEditor every time. Running as administrator, running in compatibility mode, etc.
Test Subject
#722 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
If all you want to do is recatagorise the items then you can use S3OC (Sims 3 Object Cloner) which now has support for CAS items and is up to date with all current EPs.

Thanks for the info!
Lab Assistant
#723 Old 3rd Aug 2013 at 2:05 PM
Hopefully this will help some people who can't get it to run on Windows 7:

.net 2.0 is included with Win 7, so no need to install. The link in the original post does not give you the correct version of DirectX--this is the one you need. Unzip and run DXSETUP.exe and you should be all set. This fixed my problem with the program crashing on startup.
Test Subject
#724 Old 13th Aug 2013 at 5:40 PM
Default Help
So, I'm not sure if this program is still okay to use even though it hasn't been updated in a long time. But I gave it a shot, because TSRW isn't that comfortable for me to use. Sooo, I downloaded this, and it worked fine :D! That is until, I was working on eyeliner and when I finished; I replaced the Face Overlay and tried to put my eyeliner I created in Gimp but I keep getting the errors all the time! I uninstalled and re-installed just now to see if it made a difference and nothing D:
Lab Assistant
#725 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 1:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RANDOMRANDOM
So, I'm not sure if this program is still okay to use even though it hasn't been updated in a long time. But I gave it a shot, because TSRW isn't that comfortable for me to use. Sooo, I downloaded this, and it worked fine :D! That is until, I was working on eyeliner and when I finished; I replaced the Face Overlay and tried to put my eyeliner I created in Gimp but I keep getting the errors all the time! I uninstalled and re-installed just now to see if it made a difference and nothing D:

Did you try installing the DirectX I linked in the post above? I have found that CTU gives errors unless that exact version is installed.
Page 29 of 32