Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pleasantview Recreation

by Elias943 Posted 10th Sep 2009 at 5:45 PM - Updated 15th Feb 2020 at 6:26 PM by Elias943

333 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 285 Feedback Posts, 47 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 11 of 14
Banned
#251 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 7:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mimie
Hi,
I'm having this problem where when I click the pleasantview part 1, it asks me for pleasentview part 2. I click on it, and my WinRAR keeps on asking me for part 2 when I've clicked it already. Is there something I'm missing?

You are missing something download all of the part1,2&3 extract Part 1 they ask you to open part click browse to part 2 then they ask you for 3 click browse to Part 3 then start your game & play
Test Subject
#252 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 3:17 PM
Default One Question Please!
What's the minimal required game version? I haven't updated my game since the day The Sims™ 3 World Adventures came out.
Test Subject
#253 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 4:48 PM
This is simply great

But
I can't open the files. WinRAR said that the files are defect
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#254 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 5:41 PM
has a populated version of the town been uploaded?
Test Subject
#255 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 7:00 PM
Omg this is just amazing. . . I am speechless. . . You even got the mansions! It'd be really cool if someone did a Strangetown recreation! I love this!
Test Subject
#256 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lucas_chan
You are missing something download all of the part1,2&3 extract Part 1 they ask you to open part click browse to part 2 then they ask you for 3 click browse to Part 3 then start your game & play

Yeah I did that but my computer keeps on asking me for part 2, which I click and it continues on asking me part 2 in a never ending cycle. I have a mac by the way.
Test Subject
#257 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 12:09 AM
I can't open this. When I put them all in one and put it on the desktop, it said "Windows can't open this file." What do I do?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#258 Old 12th Feb 2011 at 12:20 AM
Same problem here, but I'm putting it in C:\Users\ssgt_baloo\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves. There are other folders in that file with the .sims3 extension, but they're folders. Am I getting a corrupted file?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#259 Old 12th Feb 2011 at 5:15 AM
I have a question. I get the message saying "Some items could not be loaded and were replaced." I kind of know what this means but what do I need that it is saying I don't have? Or could not be loaded? The only disc I don't have is Fast Lane.

Thanx!
Lab Assistant
#260 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 8:25 PM
Hi, First I would like to say that this is such awesome work and thank you for uploading it to share. Next I would like to ask is there a fix to getting it to work in game? I select PleasantView from the drop down menu for a new game and It loads about 10% then Crashes to desktop every time. It has done this about 4 times now. I have given up trying to play it. I would really appreciate it if someone would help explain what I can do to fix this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#261 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 1:10 AM
i need help if anyone can i cant put it in my game am i doing something wrong i followed the intructions but when i extract them all it dosent show up in saves or anywhere!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#262 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 12:53 PM
can you please create the people to go in? im so looking forward to downloading this!
Test Subject
#263 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 1:00 PM
its not working for me, aww. I was really looking forward to it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#264 Old 18th May 2011 at 11:52 PM
Hraklis943 Thank you so much for your tireless work. I was able to download and extract with no problems at all. I have made the Broke family, and I am working on the others. But what I would like to know is how do I populate the neighborhood with NPC's to get other people in the game. Could some one help with this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#265 Old 22nd May 2011 at 4:37 AM
Thanks! Love it! There was something interesting I discovered that you might find intriguing, though. Apparently as I was playing your neighborhood, some of the townies from Sunset Valley are appearing as NPCs in Pleasantview. *interested*
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#266 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 3:04 PM
Is there a residential version?
Test Subject
#267 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mimie
Yeah I did that but my computer keeps on asking me for part 2, which I click and it continues on asking me part 2 in a never ending cycle. I have a mac by the way.

Mine does this as well, but I have Windows Vista. Help would be wonderful!!! Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#268 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 1:58 PM
I love it.
Scholar
#269 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 8:48 PM Last edited by BlakeS5678 : 30th Jul 2011 at 12:11 AM.
I could have just hit the thanks button but, this is good enough for a comment!

Perfect! I couldn't guess how hard it would have been to make something like this. Great Job!

However, are you sure we put in Saves? Because I did and it won't show up in my game! Is it incompatible with recent patches by any chance?
Test Subject
#270 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 7:45 AM
In mac, I tried both keka and stuffit, and just keep getting error message looped.
This is while part 1 is still trying to complete. Do I go to the mac forum to find out what to do?
Thank You,
primative
Test Subject
#271 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 4:19 AM
I understand that I need to download all the parts and THEN extract them, I know this makes me sound dumb but what exactly does everybody mean by download them first? Do I put them in the saves folder and then extract? I tried doing that but when I tried putting them in the folder it started extracting them first. And it asked for me for part 2 so I clicked browse and part 2 wasn't there. PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#272 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 8:36 PM
Hello everyone! Thank you for your kind words and sorry for the late answer! Had a lot of study!
So all you need to do is to rename the files again after you download them into:

Rename the 3 RAR's into :
PleasantView.part1.rar
PleasantView.part2.rar
PleasantView.part3.rar

Then open up the first one and extract normally. Then you can put the extracted file into you Saved Games directory!
That happened because MTS renames the files after you download them!
Thank you again and sorry for the incovinience!

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Instructor
#273 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 1:16 AM
Hraklis943, I have this same question:

Quote: Originally posted by rocknRev4Christ
I have a question. I get the message saying "Some items could not be loaded and were replaced." I kind of know what this means but what do I need that it is saying I don't have? Or could not be loaded? The only disc I don't have is Fast Lane.

Thanx!

I had no problem downloading and installing the save file. Loaded it up and got the message that some items couldn't be loaded and were replaced. There are several empty lots and I thought maybe I needed to download all the lots listed in the Overview. So I deleted the file, downloaded and installed all the lots listed (though I thought they were the ones already placed, but better to be sure), reinstalled the save file and loaded it up. But I still get the message. So what items am I missing that couldn't be loaded? Not too big a deal but I would like to know if there were other items I needed to install with it.

Aside from that, I wanted to thank you so very much for your hard work on this and for sharing it with us. I love Pleasantview and am so happy to have it in my Sims 3!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#274 Old 10th Aug 2011 at 1:13 PM
Hello and thank you for your kind words!
Well as fas as i remember i didn't use any CC. It's CC free.
The only thing that i used is some TS2 patterns that i found here in MTS.
So i don't think you are missing something

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Test Subject
#275 Old 24th Aug 2011 at 3:28 AM
For some reason the file is broken and wont work! Do you know why?
Page 11 of 14