Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 6:56 AM
Default Mods you wish existed
This type of thread's probably been made before 50x+, but none recent, so...

Man do I wish there was a mod allowing toddlers to crawl up and down stairs. It seems whenever I direct my adult sim to interact with the toddler without picking them up first, the adult walks downstairs, and the toddler walks and blocks the top of the stairs. It doesn't seem to matter if there's plenty of space on the floor either..

Honestly, it would've been even better if EA just incorporated it into the game in the first place.

Anyone else?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 7:59 AM
I would like to have a mod where my sims can go on their computers and give technical advice to other players autonomously and without any intervention on my part.
Alchemist
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 11:25 AM
I would love a mod that randomizes patterns and color combinations on clothes. Sometimes I just want to throw together an outfit without scrolling through so many patterns!

Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Power outage mod when there are heavy snow or rain storms. Staying along those lines, even though I have no love for TS4, I think sims in TS3 should have to deal with no power when they don't pay their bills too. Somehow the repo man showing up and taking a lamp doesn't strike me as much of a consequence.

I would love this too! I think this was thrown around as a rumor before Seasons, but it's disappointing to see EA didn't implement it. Imagine the power being out during winter and having to sleep in the same room as a fireplace or electric radiator to not freeze!

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Inventor
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 12:06 PM
I would love a mod to allow kittens, toddlers and puppies to use the stairs
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Power outage mod when there are heavy snow or rain storms. Staying along those lines, even though I have no love for TS4, I think sims in TS3 should have to deal with no power when they don't pay their bills too. Somehow the repo man showing up and taking a lamp doesn't strike me as much of a consequence.

It's one of the very very few things where I think TS4 improved on things.

My wish: A mod that gets sims wet on a bicycle (unless they wear rain gear) and plants watered during rain and needing more water on hot sunny days. It's one of my pet peeves of TS3.
Scholar
#6 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chokolady
I would love a mod to allow kittens, toddlers and puppies to use the stairs

I feel like I remember seeing a mod to let puppies climb stairs. But I have no idea where

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 6:45 PM
I have high expectation for NRAAS Chemistry, which doesn't exist and I didn't tell you about it.
Hummm.. What mod have I previously not said I wanted? Did "unequal attractions" and separating romantic and platonic attractions....
I know! The ability to design a cloned sim at the science station based on having DNA samples of other sims. Got a sample of a red haired sim? You can combine that with your DNA sample of an alien sim to make a red haired alien. The code for designing babies already exists - you see it in ITF on the hospital pie menu. Just substitute the second sim with dna samples in the sim's inventory, et viola! I should do that.
I have no idea why you can't make gender change potions at the lab bench or alchemy bench.

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#8 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 6:49 PM
Oh wait maybe I was thinking about this mod for Sims 2 http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=283783
I feel like I remember seeing a Sims 3 one too. Will keep looking.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#9 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuddingFace
Oh wait maybe I was thinking about this mod for Sims 2 http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=283783
I feel like I remember seeing a Sims 3 one too. Will keep looking.

I've actually made a bunch of animations of them going downstairs, but I'm not sure whether the interaction will work or not, since it could be locked for toddlers.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 6:25 AM
Speaking of this, I wish there was a mod to allow cats and dogs to use tube elevators from ITF. I am currently playing futuristic house where the only form of transportation to and from upper floors are the tube elevators. While this works great for Sims, I had to pack everything for cats and dogs to the ground floor or backyard and that's quite frustrating.

Another mod I wish existed is the mod to cancel scolding actions from Generations. I know there already is a mod (from Twoftmama I believe) to disable scolding, but that's not what I want. I want scolding in my game, it ads to realism. However, I wish I had more control over it.
This goes back to my first gameplay with Generations in Riverview, where I created a family of two single fathers, each with one teen, one child and one toddler. One day I send one of the kids to a fishing spot in the morning and totally forgot about him. When I finally remembered about him, it was too late for him to get to school on time. Totally my own fault for him to get late for school. That day was also a birthday of one of the toddlers and I planed a birthday party for him after the school ended, so I could invite some kids from the neighbourhood to the party. When the school ended, I send the toddler's father to bring him to the backyard where the party was planned. But the moment the boy who was late for school went through the front door, the man got uncancelable scolding action, dropped the toddler, went downstairs and scolded the poor boy. And to top it all, he wasn't even the boy's father Ever since then, I am looking forward to send the kids to school on time, unless I want to purposely create a scolding situation. However, ever since then, I wish we had more control over these scoldings.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 6:57 AM Last edited by igazor : 13th Sep 2018 at 2:40 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by peno
Another mod I wish existed is the mod to cancel scolding actions from Generations. I know there already is a mod (from Twoftmama I believe) to disable scolding, but that's not what I want. I want scolding in my game, it ads to realism. However, I wish I had more control over it.
This goes back to my first gameplay with Generations in Riverview, where I created a family of two single fathers, each with one teen, one child and one toddler. One day I send one of the kids to a fishing spot in the morning and totally forgot about him. When I finally remembered about him, it was too late for him to get to school on time. Totally my own fault for him to get late for school. That day was also a birthday of one of the toddlers and I planed a birthday party for him after the school ended, so I could invite some kids from the neighbourhood to the party. When the school ended, I send the toddler's father to bring him to the backyard where the party was planned. But the moment the boy who was late for school went through the front door, the man got uncancelable scolding action, dropped the toddler, went downstairs and scolded the poor boy. And to top it all, he wasn't even the boy's father Ever since then, I am looking forward to send the kids to school on time, unless I want to purposely create a scolding situation. However, ever since then, I wish we had more control over these scoldings.

Otherwise impossible to cancel queued commands can be canceled by performing an NRaas DebugEnabler object reset on the sim.

But I believe this is the mod you require to control scolding and punishments better. By default the player is prompted every time as to whether to allow the scolding or punishment to happen. Icarus heard a bunch of us at NRaas complaining about exactly the same thing a few years ago, worked his magic, and the rest is history.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=533906
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 11:01 AM
@Igazor
Wow! Thanks. That's exactly what I needed. Wish I knew about that mod sooner.
Instructor
#14 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by peno
@Igazor
Wow! Thanks. That's exactly what I needed. Wish I knew about that mod sooner.

I also recommend icarus' scolding mod, I use it for more than a year, never had any problems with it, and it gives wonderful parenting control!
Test Subject
#15 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 6:02 PM
I dream of a mod allowing to give ownership of an object to a sim, like desks or chairs or computers, so that my sims would actually use their own frigging furniture instead of walking down 2 floors to do their homework in the dining room or to use someone's elses computer.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 10:14 PM
A huge laundry list of mods people wanted running back to 2016- lots of good ideas in there!:

General - Realistic mods you wish existed
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=570751

Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I wish there's a mod that stops loading up all the patterns when you go into CAST. You know, when you want to change the texture of something and you click the tool on it, it loads up all the freakin' textures in that category even though you plan to switch to a different texture category. It's ridiculous whoever designed this.

There's probably no way of changing it since it's likely tied into the base code of how CaST works, but I wonder if there's any way of hiding patterns and reducing load time. Looking into that might be worth it since there's so many pattern redundancies in CaST at the moment (plus a whole lot of ugly ones that no one uses).
Instructor
#17 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
There's probably no way of changing it since it's likely tied into the base code of how CaST works, but I wonder if there's any way of hiding patterns and reducing load time. Looking into that might be worth it since there's so many pattern redundancies in CaST at the moment (plus a whole lot of ugly ones that no one uses).

It would be sooo incredible if I could hide CAST patterns, I basically only use a few from Themed for kids stuff and then that gray kinda stripey Fabric pattern. Sooo many I'll never touch like all those crazy stripey patterns in Geometric.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 2:07 AM
I would really like more mods for facial features, hair color, and eye color. My current dream is something that rolls Punnett Squares for each Play-With-Genetics while taking family tree relatives into account. (So Cassandra Goth could get Jocasta's eye shape, Cornelia's eye color, and Gunther's cheekbones, for example, even if Bella and Mortimer don't physically express those traits.)
Test Subject
#19 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 10:25 AM
Quote:
I know! The ability to design a cloned sim at the science station based on having DNA samples of other sims. Got a sample of a red haired sim? You can combine that with your DNA sample of an alien sim to make a red haired alien. The code for designing babies already exists - you see it in ITF on the hospital pie menu. Just substitute the second sim with dna samples in the sim's inventory, et viola! I should do that.
I have no idea why you can't make gender change potions at the lab bench or alchemy bench.

If I remember correctly, the http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1883/ hospital overhaul plus master controller work really nicely when you want to "clone" a sims based on DNA. Source : I have a red haired alien baby
Mad Poster
#20 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 12:21 PM Last edited by igazor : 4th Sep 2018 at 12:52 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by pyooon
If I remember correctly, the http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1883/ hospital overhaul plus master controller work really nicely when you want to "clone" a sims based on DNA. Source : I have a red haired alien baby

The Hospital Overhaul mod was made for Patch 1.55 and never updated for the current patch levels as that is when the developer unfortunately dropped out. It is known to break players' games just by virtue of it being present, we can't really recommend it.

Sims can engineer a baby with another sim at the ITF hospital or, with NRaas Woohooer, at any homeworld hospital if ITF is in play. And there's always MC's Instant Baby and Play With Genetics functions. With SP's Advanced Genetics (SP Population module) also in play, an interesting and very customizable amount of variation can happen.
Test Subject
#21 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 2:34 PM
Quote:
The Hospital Overhaul mod was made for Patch 1.55 and never updated for the current patch levels as that is when the developer unfortunately dropped out. It is known to break players' games just by virtue of it being present, we can't really recommend it.

Oh damn, I've had it in my game for a while, and while it didn't break my game, it's understandable that it can't be recommended. That's really sad, considering it added quite a bit of gameplay, I constantly use it.

Maybe someone on this forum would be willing to update it?
Mad Poster
#22 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 3:30 PM Last edited by igazor : 4th Sep 2018 at 4:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by pyooon
Oh damn, I've had it in my game for a while, and while it didn't break my game, it's understandable that it can't be recommended. That's really sad, considering it added quite a bit of gameplay, I constantly use it.

Maybe someone on this forum would be willing to update it?

There is a similar hospital mod from a different developer that is equally broken, Patch 1.63 in particular wreaked havoc with these. I can see why they were so popular, though.

Unfortunately, script mods are compiled code by the time we get our hands on them. Unless the source files are made available, as they are with NRaas mods for instance ever since Twallan retired, those that are overly complex would need to be re-created from scratch. Plus I think we're all secretly hoping that SimsMX returns to us someday and updates the mods of his that broke on the latest patches. He made some really great stuff and much of it is still usable.

To bring this back on-topic, although similar to the first post I made on this thread, I would like a mod that enables my sims with the appropriate skill set to create their own mods for us. They can have access to my computer and anything else they need, after all they are already "inside" of it. Game heal thyself.
Scholar
#23 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 12:49 AM
It's aesthetic, but has always been really important to me... I want a mod to make Winter better aesthetically. I hate to point at The Sims 4, but they actually kind of nailed it in The Sims 4 Seasons. Being a game with such low attention to detail among other things, I most certainly did not expect it. I wanted these things long before TS4 Seasons was ever a thing and was shocked to see it happen in TS4 Seasons.

-Plants other than trees should be effected by the seasons, at the very least they should lose their flowers, if not their leaves as well. Grasses and other like plants should turn brown.
-The terrain should change and become less green (probably not even possible in TS3. *sigh*).

It makes a huge aesthetic difference.

I want this in The Sims 3, because TS3 is the better game.

I adore the aesthetics of Winter IRL, so The Sims 3's green, flowery winters agitate the heck out of me.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Mad Poster
#24 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 1:15 AM
Problem with TS3's winters is that the plantlife is incredibly green, and everything else is incredibly white. It would be nice to see less exaggerated tones. The snow is WAY too pronounced.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#25 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
It's aesthetic, but has always been really important to me... I want a mod to make Winter better aesthetically. I hate to point at The Sims 4, but they actually kind of nailed it in The Sims 4 Seasons. Being a game with such low attention to detail among other things, I most certainly did not expect it. I wanted these things long before TS4 Seasons was ever a thing and was shocked to see it happen in TS4 Seasons.

-Plants other than trees should be effected by the seasons, at the very least they should lose their flowers, if not their leaves as well. Grasses and other like plants should turn brown.
-The terrain should change and become less green (probably not even possible in TS3. *sigh*).

It makes a huge aesthetic difference.

I want this in The Sims 3, because TS3 is the better game.

I adore the aesthetics of Winter IRL, so The Sims 3's green, flowery winters agitate the heck out of me.

It might be possible, but it is a lot of work for flowering plants:
http://aminovas.tumblr.com/post/100...he-sims-3-these
Page 1 of 35