Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2006 at 10:55 PM
Default HCP saving all textures as half size
When I create walls, floors, or groundcover in HCP after saving and importing all the textures become half the size as supposed to be.

So I have to use SimPE and replace the texture files. What's up with this?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Aug 2006 at 2:19 AM
Can you describe in detail the exact process you are using for Homecrafter?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Aug 2006 at 11:12 PM
I create my texture in photoshop(all are 256x512 as I play the game on a mac), save as bmp, move into hcp folder for walls, floors, groundcover, whichever I am creating. I choose the category, create new, my texture is there so I select it and continue with the rest finishing with import. It goes in my download folder. When I open it in simpe, or on my mac the texture becomes 128x256, or 128x128. There is one I cloned in simpe, extracted the texture, fiddled with it, then saved as bmp to create new in hcp(I don't know how SimPE deals with wall textures RE: guids). Came out as 128x256 instead of 256x512.

Now an odd thing is this: I have a file called wall-pinkstars.bmp in the folder as well as the template. When I go into hcp under create new content it shows: wall-pinkstars.bmp AND ._wall-pinkstars.bmp with an error message on the right saying there was a problem with this bmp and to make sure it is a valid bmp. It does this for all bmp's I have in the folder. Even though that second file doesn't exist in the folder. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling hcp.

As a side note, I get the error in SimPE where I am supposed to install managed directx, but I have it installed. I don't know if this is related or not.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 12:37 AM
The file you are talking about that is called ._wall-pinkstars.bmp is one of the many temp files that Macs create when writing to Windows folders. You can safely delete those as they are not needed.
Are you actually creating the texture itself on a Mac or a PC? Obviously your SimPE is on the PC, but is the Photoshop on a Mac? I'm wondering if it is a problem with the difference between Mac bmp and Windows bmp format?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 1:30 AM
yes I am creating the image on the mac as my pc is a laptop and can't handle graphics intensive programs, like sims, and photoshop cs2 usually crashes, so I use the mac. I save the file on the mac then just copy over my network.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 2:10 PM
Try an experiment- create a texture in MS Paint that is the correct size, and import it to HCP. Does that work correctly when you put it in game?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 1:47 AM
I think the problem is the format of the mac. I downloaded a jpeg, modified it saved as png. Opened it in paint and saved as bitmap, still didn't work. Took a jpeg from the net and saved as bmp in paint and it worked. Of course the problem is I don't know how to manipulate images in paint HCP doesn't want to play nice with my images saved on the mac.