Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 7:23 PM
Default By the way, I'm gone from here
I figure that at least one or two of you might wonder where I've gone, so I decided to come back and tell everyone I'm leaving. MTS just isn't a my place to hang out any longer, there's too many unpleasant people here these days for me to comfortably associate with, rationalizing their behaviors. Anyways, that's what's going on. This isn't a comfortable space for me any longer, so I'm leaving. I'm not dead or anything. I hope. We'll see once the Brownshirts start flexing their muscles for real.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 7:41 PM
We didn't always get along and we disagreed a lot, but I always admired your wit and humor. And yes, hopefully, you aren't dead. If so, it's a little too chilly for Trump to be in office.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Theorist
#3 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 8:01 PM
I'm sorry to see you go. To my recollection, we're usually on the same page. More often than not, anyway. I didn't just admire your wit and humor, I envied it. I've always wanted to be witty like that, but never could connect. I hear crickets so often, I think I've got tinnitus.

Thanks for letting us know, I definitely would have wondered. Have fun at your new online hangout wherever it may be.

Resident wet blanket.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 8:46 PM
Good luck wherever you go, Mook. Peace and courage to you.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#5 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 9:19 PM
There are too many unpleasant people everywhere these days. I was just talking to my kids about that today, wondering when the hell it became acceptable to treat your fellow humans like they're garbage. *sigh* At least here one doesn't have to deal with that face to face - unfortunately that's not always a good thing since being an anonymous someone behind a computer can result in people acting even worse. Still... at least online I can just log off, cick the X, wander off to another tab, etc.

Yeah, that's my long winded way of saying I agree and I'll even miss ya.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 8:36 PM
I'll miss you, your whit made me laugh many times. Smell ya later.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Inventor
#7 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 9:35 PM
I too will miss you and your wit and wisdom. I like how you were always open to debate, but were still respectful when you did so. You understood that understanding is not the same as agreeing, and that, in all things in life, especially debate, you should always seek to understand. That was already a rare skill in the world, and one that has become increasingly scarce lately.

Plus, you were always funny as hell. You shall definitely be missed here, though I wish you luck wherever you go.

*Raises glass to you* ---or you know, will whenever I get my hands on some alcohol. Booze sounds good right about now.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 10:26 PM
Personally, I just don't care when a person is unpleasant both in real life and on the internet... it's easier to ignore them on the internet though.

Now, ability to ignore a person with such attitude is not the same to everyone, so I guess that's why it's important for a forum to have it's integrity and rules in such cases. I'm so sorry to see that it can really cause someone to grow out of the thing one felt comfortable with. I hope you keep this forum as a good memory at least.

To anothereyjana... I would rasie a glass too, but I don't drink alcohol. Is it allowed to raise a glass of non-alchoholic drink?
Inventor
#9 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
To anothereyjana... I would rasie a glass too, but I don't drink alcohol. Is it allowed to raise a glass of non-alchoholic drink?

Of course, that's what things like Virgin Daiquiris and the like are for. A toast is still a toast, no matter the exact drink.
Alchemist
#10 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 1:03 AM
Goddamnit. My favorite Doctor here leaves. Don't forget to put on some pants when you gotta go outside. (If you ever do)

I come in peace