Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#26 Old 18th May 2011 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CleoSombra
I hate, like, everything about the Sims 3. The way the interactions are played out (Having to do 5+ interactions just to massage my pregnant sim, not fun). The fact that I can't go grocery shopping in an actual grocery store. Tons of interactions and items are missing from the base game and being put in expansion packs.

The only thing I like, far more than open neighborhoods, is story progression and town-aging, whether Twallan's or EA's. I focus on one family, and it makes my life so much easier.

If you hate TS3 so much, then don't bother enlightening us. Some people don't share your opinion.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 18th May 2011 at 4:56 AM
I was hoping I would not have liked TS3 because I really liked my hood in TS2. But I wanted to try it out, so I brought it on the release day, and that was it. Even with just the base-game there was so much to do, gardening, fishing, visiting people, exploring the hood, more involved jobs and much more. The base-game kept me very entertained until the next EP came out, which was a complete different experience than my introduction to TS2. I was super exited when it came out, but after the initial OMG it's 3D and there's genetic, I lost interest because for the exception of playing your piano, jumping into the pool with a diving board, and having babies, there was not that much to do, and a month or two later, I was already on my first of many breaks of not playing the Sims.

This time around, the game felt so much more in-depth and even thou I've had the game since the release date, I've not had a break from it yet. I'm still discovering new things, and there are still things from the base game that I have not done, so it's very unlikely I'll be getting bored with this game any time soon.
Eminence Grise
#28 Old 18th May 2011 at 5:11 AM
I was pretty bored with TS2 by the time TS3 came out, so it wasn't a hard choice.

But if there's one thing that made it really, really, easy, and the reason I could never go back, it's... CaSt. The ability to recolor anything and everything... on the fly... in-game... and make everything match... is just heaven for me
Test Subject
#29 Old 18th May 2011 at 9:12 AM
I'm currently back and forth with both the Sims 2 and 3, however I originally switched over to the Sims 3 because the trailer appeared promising. I wasn't happy in the beginning but I continued to give it a chance, and since then I've become adjusted.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 18th May 2011 at 9:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by van Dorn
If you hate TS3 so much, then don't bother enlightening us. Some people don't share your opinion.

I'm not informing or demanding anyone to think the way I do. From what I understood, this was a thread asking us why we switched from Sims 2 to Sims 3. I was under the assumption that it was okay to respond with my opinion so long as it answered the question, regardless of whether it oozed with praise for TS3 or not.

Just because my opinion is not the one of majority does not mean I should not have the right to share it or that it is any less meaningful than anyone else's.

But that's just my opinion.

Check out my new blog - I Think My Cat Is An Alien
Alchemist
#31 Old 18th May 2011 at 3:18 PM
I'm not informing or demanding anyone to think the way I do. From what I understood, this was a thread asking us why we switched from Sims 2 to Sims 3. I was under the assumption that it was okay to respond with my opinion so long as it answered the question, regardless of whether it oozed with praise for TS3 or not.

Just because my opinion is not the one of majority does not mean I should not have the right to share it or that it is any less meaningful than anyone else's.

But that's just my opinion.

You're of course entitled to your opinion. I'd be curious though to know why you play a game you claim to hate everything about
Banned
Original Poster
#32 Old 18th May 2011 at 7:04 PM
Yes. It took me a long time to decide. When I got Sims 2 DD I thought I would never, ever play the Sims 3. Look at me now .
Alchemist
#33 Old 18th May 2011 at 11:20 PM
the shinies, the open 'hood, the ability for everything to progress without me having to micro-manage any more than i already do. i really do enjoy it more than sims 2, which had immortal neighbors unless i ran over to age them up. i also enjoy that sims 3 moves in new neighbors for me without me having to tear my hair out over wondering if im being diverse enough. the downside is that they're all clones ._. .....but im hoping for a fix. someday.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Field Researcher
#34 Old 19th May 2011 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
You're of course entitled to your opinion. I'd be curious though to know why you play a game you claim to hate everything about

The second half of my original post states why.

o_O.

Quote:
The only thing I like, far more than open neighborhoods, is story progression and town-aging, whether Twallan's or EA's. I focus on one family, and it makes my life so much easier.

Story progression, and to a lesser degree open neighborhoods, are why I play Sims 3.

Check out my new blog - I Think My Cat Is An Alien
Alchemist
#35 Old 19th May 2011 at 12:45 AM
For me, I finally bought it because I wanted to see if it was as bad as so many people were saying. Wanted to find out for myself, I guess.

Huh! I've been addicted to Sims 3 from the day I got it. Still don't know why people don't like it (not counting technical problems). And, on the tech side, I still have trouble believing it will eat my graphics card and my firstborn.
Banned
Original Poster
#36 Old 19th May 2011 at 4:48 PM
I do have to admit. Why do people think it is so bad. I only really put it down because I didn't want to realise I prefered it .
Alchemist
#37 Old 19th May 2011 at 5:24 PM
The second half of my original post states why.

o_O.

Story progression, and to a lesser degree open neighborhoods, are why I play Sims 3.

Your post is contradictory. First you say:

Originally Posted by CleoSombra
I hate, like, everything about the Sims 3.

Then you say:

The only thing I like
Forum Resident
#38 Old 19th May 2011 at 5:31 PM
We don't need to jump down CleoSombra's throat (or, in this case, post) just because they believe something different. Within the original context of this thread, they answered it and they're allowed to have their opinion. We don't have to be hostile.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Theorist
#39 Old 19th May 2011 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
Open world, story progression and universal aging. It's fun seeing how your kid grows up with the boy next door, fall in love, going on dates that I dont have to monitor thanks to rabbitholes (movie/stadium then dinner). And then they get their own house and when the hubby is off to work, the girl can visits their parents and all that shit. And the cycle continues.

Plus, I no longer have to depends on Fansee to release 20+ recolors for the same item with CaSt.

Yup yup... that definitely cut down the HUGE amount of recolour files. So now I just download meshes and those extra 100+ recolours are more meshes for more goodies Best thing ever
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#40 Old 19th May 2011 at 7:14 PM
MTS Staff Notice:

Please be kind, courteous, and respectful of your fellow MTSers. If you don't agree with something someone said, there's no need to grump at them - just shrug and move on. We don't need to nitpick someone's posts to bits because we disagree with them, do we? Especially as this thread is about everyone's opinion.

Thanks very much.
Forum Resident
#41 Old 19th May 2011 at 7:35 PM
I haven't swapped, I play both games. S3 less than S2, but still. To me those are two different games and they both interest me but I still prefer S2 because of it's EP's, sims in general and the humour. If my laptop couldn't handle both games, I'd be perfectly content with S2.

MaraLetsPlay on Youtube - Sims Let's Plays and Livestreams
Mara @ LJ - Downloads and stories
TS2 Patch and Pre-made Sim Archive | TS2 Townie/NPC Archive | TS3 Pre-made Sim Archive
Field Researcher
#42 Old 19th May 2011 at 8:23 PM
As with most everybody else, the open neighborhood and the progressive aging (as well as CAS) were the major selling points. Plus, the fact that there wasn't going to be anything new with Sims2.

Oh, and I agree about the "fridge" automatically restocking. I liked running out of food in 2 and having to either go to the store or call for groceries...it was a touch of realism.

If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly
Alchemist
#43 Old 19th May 2011 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
MTS Staff Notice:

Please be kind, courteous, and respectful of your fellow MTSers. If you don't agree with something someone said, there's no need to grump at them - just shrug and move on. We don't need to nitpick someone's posts to bits because we disagree with them, do we? Especially as this thread is about everyone's opinion.

Thanks very much.

Do not look up nitpick on Google. *Shudder* You have been warned. (I was hoping it referred to HP's siggy thingie 'carry yarn'...) Nope. Doesn't.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 20th May 2011 at 12:17 AM
I switched the sims 3 because i realized i could have fun without a bunch of cc and mods. my sims 2 game was loaded with stuff just to make it fun.
now im having so much fun with the sims 3.
Banned
Original Poster
#45 Old 20th May 2011 at 11:51 PM
Create-a-style is amazing. I wonder where they got the idea *adds a pinch of sarcasm*

Just to confirm I did say if you swapped to the Sims 3...
Field Researcher
#46 Old 22nd May 2011 at 4:57 AM
As much as I love and miss TS2 got so sick of having to literally play and age up every household so kids wouldn't end up meeting there great great aunt I never played.I love the open neighborhood different body choices traits so much more.
Page 2 of 2