Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 3:55 AM
Default Dormies invading my room
Just a random annoyance, not sure if there's an actual fix, but does anyone else always have townies invading their sim's dorm? To use the computer, to do their research, and most annoying - sleeping in my sim's bed. I see most people complaining bout dormies vanishing in their dorms to have their motives magically maxed out but I actually wish mine would do that more often. Instead I'm constantly having to lock my door, and shooing isn't fast enough, especially if there's more than one, so I have to make them selectable and send them on their way. And if I happen to unlock it to let someone in for a second, someone strolls in and jumps into my bed when I'm trying to have a conversation. Kind of a funny allusion to real life annoying roommates but after seeing one stroll in naked and crawl into my bed while my sim and her boyfriend were trying to get it on I was just like enough is enough
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 4:03 AM
Try this mod .. http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=3686 and this one might be of help too http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=935

I've seen these in BO's stuff, but I've personally not tried them yet. However, I do have lots of his other stuff that I just can't play without :D
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 4:12 AM
Don't entertain in your dorm room. Leave it locked all the time and entertain in the common area. Build a Notell Motel for your dorm residents to woohoo in until they can afford a residence - which is sooner than you think, especially if you build your own residences - and wave annoying dormies good-by forever.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 4:22 AM
I take it as a payment for my Sims being able to have their own room. I had three roommates in my dorm last year. There was definitely no woohooing going on for me.

....okay, maybe once. But we don't talk about that anymore.

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 4:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
Try this mod .. http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=3686 and this one might be of help too http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=935

I've seen these in BO's stuff, but I've personally not tried them yet. However, I do have lots of his other stuff that I just can't play without :D

Ooh, these sound helpful! *snatches* Thanks!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plyplay665
I take it as a payment for my Sims being able to have their own room. I had three roommates in my dorm last year. There was definitely no woohooing going on for me.

....okay, maybe once. But we don't talk about that anymore.

I have two romance mods so the woohoo couldn't be helped, I've been toying with the autonomy cause crazy stuff have been happening even outside of my dorm room
Mad Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 4:46 AM
Dormies don't use anything what is in their rooms, So all this crap inside their rooms you can take out and put on common area. Next time if you build dorm, you can make rooms for dormies so small that there is space only for one sim to stay and door to claim (1x2). Dormies are doing all things at common area and they think your room is common too if you didn't lock it. If you want having fun at dormies try nouniprotect frrom MATY. Make sure you have some beds in common area.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 4:59 AM
No, just have your sim lock their door.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 5:51 AM
That is why I have my Sims in dorms lock their door right after they move into the dorm and leave it locked the whole time they are in the dorm. I don't want dormies coming into the dorm to use the bed or anything else. (It also stops dormies from shoving your playable Sim. I was paying attention to Dustin Broke at the time so I don't know what Angela Pleasant did to get on one of her dormies bad side, but what ever she did, she had to go into her locked dorm room to stop the dormie from trying to shove and poke her many times when they were in a dorm.)
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 6:41 AM
Maybe this belongs in the "mods you'd like to see" thread, but I'll say it here anyway: I wish my amorous college Sims could put the proverbial sock on the doorknob.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 10:09 AM
I always let my playables lock their doors and leave their dorm rooms rather sparsely furnished: Single bed, dresser, desk and chair.
Dormies ignore anything behind a locked dorm door, but I also like my playables to come out of their room to socialize.

Sometimes I add a photo booth somewhere on the lot, if they keep on rolling woohoo wants. Plus, with ACR, a sofa in a separate area does the same job as a double bed.
There is at least one computer in a common area, but very often these are hijacked by dormies or visitors, so as soon as a playable can afford it they get their own computer, which is mostly only used to write their term papers or hobby related blogging anyway.

The door stays locked, end of story.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
If you want having fun at dormies try nouniprotect frrom MATY. Make sure you have some beds in common area.

I tried nouniprotect but quickly uninstalled it. The special camera constantly showing me students passing out from exhaustion was really annoying. They didn't seem to recognize the bed in their own rooms either so I suddenly had a lot of sims trying to sleep in my sim's bed.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 11:32 AM
I had nouniprotect in my game, but not any more. It's way too exhausting for dormies.
Example: When one of my playables with fitness hobby invited three of his dormie friends to go jogging with him, it resulted in three gravestones on the sidewalk.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#14 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Soapsim1
I tried nouniprotect but quickly uninstalled it. The special camera constantly showing me students passing out from exhaustion was really annoying. They didn't seem to recognize the bed in their own rooms either so I suddenly had a lot of sims trying to sleep in my sim's bed.

Turn the camera off.

I have nouniprotect too though I don't have too much trouble with dormies dying. Smelling, yes. I sometimes get so tired of the green smoke I make them selectable and send them off for a shower. The 'not looking after themselves' thing is to do with how the game prioritises tasks for dormies. I'm pretty sure there's a fix somewhere that makes them behave more sensibly though for the life of me I can't remember what it is.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 1:03 PM
For some reason, doing assignments advertises hygiene to dormies.
TJ's 'stinky dormie fix' at Simbology should do the trick.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#16 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fiatlux
For some reason, doing assignments advertises hygiene to dormies.
TJ's 'stinky dormie fix' at Simbology should do the trick.

Yes that sounds right. Thanks

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
#17 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 3:23 PM
Just lock the door. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm almost certain that there's a way to select "only me" or something like there is on normal doors. You won't have to unlock/lock it all the time then, only once.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 3:34 PM
HT was unlocking it to let visitors into the dorm room. Which is not how dorms are designed to work. Anyone who wants privacy at a Sims college needs to get into a residence.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#19 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 5:40 PM
Dormies are not allowed in any of my dorms; they are illegal.
Theorist
#20 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Dormies are not allowed in any of my dorms; they are illegal.

Do you have them deported ... :P
Mad Poster
#21 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 6:46 PM
BoilingOil made a mod that allows your playable sims to give other sims keys to their dorm room door (and take them away if you don't want them to have access any more). This means that a sim can lock the door to their room but certain other sims, as chosen by the player, can still access their dorm room. So, for example, it's possible for Sim A to lock his door, but give his boyfriend, Sim B, a key. Sim A and Sim B can then enter the room, but Sim C cannot (unless Sim A gives them a key as well!).

This allows for privacy in dorm rooms, which my sims love because it means that they can woohoo in their own room without half the dorm deciding to come in there and sit at their desk or read their books or stare at them whilst they're trying to woohoo! :-D
Theorist
#22 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
BoilingOil made a mod that allows your playable sims to give other sims keys to their dorm room door (and take them away if you don't want them to have access any more). This means that a sim can lock the door to their room but certain other sims, as chosen by the player, can still access their dorm room. So, for example, it's possible for Sim A to lock his door, but give his boyfriend, Sim B, a key. Sim A and Sim B can then enter the room, but Sim C cannot (unless Sim A gives them a key as well!).

This allows for privacy in dorm rooms, which my sims love because it means that they can woohoo in their own room without half the dorm deciding to come in there and sit at their desk or read their books or stare at them whilst they're trying to woohoo! :-D

@lauratje86 - see post #2 ... *grins* However, thanks for lettin us know that they work awesomely as I hadn't tried them yet.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
@lauratje86 - see post #2 ... *grins* However, thanks for lettin us know that they work awesomely as I hadn't tried them yet.

Clearly I don't read before I post :-D

But yes, in my game at least BO's mod works very well :-)