Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 12:32 PM
Default Anyone missing the stretchskeleton cheat?
I know the Sims never makes adjusting body height as an official option, but at least I can use cheat to do it in The Sims 2.

Now that sims can be more unique in The Sims 3, for the fat and muscle option, and personality traits, it seems kinda a pity that we are not allowed to have them with different height, not even a cheat code to do that.

I don't mind a little glitch, like 2 sims can't match lips when they kiss, as long as they are allowed to have different heights.
Anyone think so too?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 12:50 PM
different hights would be cool, but I'm not bothered with their same hightness. I tried the stretch skeleton once, but stopped as it was not permanent.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 4:58 AM
oh u mean there is also a stretch skeleton cheat for The Sims 3 too???!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 5:09 AM
I was missing that cheat. When I read my guide and didn't see it in there I was pretty much displeased. I see why EA didn't implement it though; there would be a lot of different things to configure for each and every height but then again, I'm pretty sure it's not as much work as the rest of the rather unnecessary things they added in the game.
Test Subject
#5 Old 23rd May 2011 at 1:20 AM
mhm that would be cool :D
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 23rd May 2011 at 3:19 AM
You guys didn't know about the height slider by Delphy? I don't think he officially published them. But here it is http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=378014

This is what you guys are talking about, right?

It works in my game. Sims retain their height through saves. But the height somewhat was not too noticeable even at max. It is noticeable when 2 sims interact with each other, like kissing. Despite the work Delphy put in, I still think it looks very unnatural, that I had to use different sliders to compensate. Especially the shoulders, I have to use shoulder height slider (by Johna) to lower shoulders from tall sims just to make them look normal. There are a few small clipping issues when relaxing in bed. And when kissing, it is like the tall sim is kissing the regular sim's forehead. It looks very cute, still, but not exactly what you would call "lip locking" kisses.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Interstellar Traveler
#7 Old 23rd May 2011 at 4:09 AM
There are many things I miss from The Sims 2.. this is one of them..

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Mad Poster
#8 Old 23rd May 2011 at 8:10 PM
Wasn't there meant to be a height slider coming out with an expansion? I'm not 100% so don't just take my word for it, but it sounds vaguely familiar...? ._.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 23rd May 2011 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
You guys didn't know about the height slider by Delphy? I don't think he officially published them. But here it is http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=378014

This is what you guys are talking about, right?

Nah brah, we're talking about a cheat that existed in The Sims 2 but didn't make it into The Sims 3. It allowed you to make Sims so tall that you can only barely see their heads by zooming all the way out. The problem was that once you quit a household, the game would reset everyone back to normal height.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 24th May 2011 at 12:37 AM
Actually, I like Delphy height slider better than the stretchskeleton cheat--since you don't have to use SimPE or anything to make the changes become persistent in the save game. I have sims of very different heights--very tall and slim, short curvy petite, etc. I find there is much more sim body diverity in TS3 than TS2 (height included). The sliders also allow you to do things like stretch leg/arm length and body size--so you can have long legged sims with relatively short torsos