Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#101 Old 29th Sep 2010 at 11:03 PM
Fake or not, if EA gives us an EP with Animals (farm/pets/zoo) I think they should give us mermaids as a new sim type. They could alternate between legs and feet and fishtail and flippers. They'd have to take a bath once a day to stay moist, have very short pregnancies, be prone to multiple births, and all sing beautifully.

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#102 Old 29th Sep 2010 at 11:12 PM
Hmm, interesting idea! Would they only have the latter when they're submerged in water--like in the pool and if/when they make the oceans swimmable? Or would they be able to go all tail n' fin in the bathtub too?
Scholar
#103 Old 29th Sep 2010 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LethalLaurie
Hmm, interesting idea! Would they only have the latter when they're submerged in water--like in the pool and if/when they make the oceans swimmable? Or would they be able to go all tail n' fin in the bathtub too?

Anytime they're in water (bath included). Though It would be fun if they had the option to relax at home in their fishtail. Mermaid on the couch watching the tv. Mermaids are always depicted with flowing locks of hair which is fine for the girls but I'm thinking all the mermen should be bald.

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Forum Resident
#104 Old 29th Sep 2010 at 11:42 PM
Or! Oooor, what if they were portrayed less-pretty than the fairytails dictate? I'm thinking bald, full body scales, fishy eyes, gills on their necks...what else, what else....
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 11th Jan 2011 at 7:18 AM
ugh god, ts2 pets for DS was horrid. :\ just saying.
Test Subject
#106 Old 23rd May 2011 at 1:29 AM
i like pie
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 23rd May 2011 at 11:39 AM Last edited by aurica : 23rd May 2011 at 11:25 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I would love to have neighbors complain about dogs howling at night. that'd be funny. nearby sims ring the doorbell and get all angry and a text bubble pops up

But, what could they add to the game, besides pet shows? Maybe dogs and cats do little small, yet cute things. Like a cat will eat mice when you have them and a dog with bite the mail man or bring in the paper. maybe they could dig up collectible rocks and such.

The should also add tot he list of animals, like little cages things (since we already can puts bugs and butterflies in tanks. Maybe A parrot and a cockatoo, and we can teach the parrot "simlish", and preferably some pet shop equipment, off all sorts, like modern, old, and themed

and throw in an unrelated feature that has nothing to do with pets, like opening food places (since LN has no sign of this opening)

EP should cross over, as well. (like what Amb did with the photography in WA)
WA: You can bring a on vacation. Maybe it could fall in love with the pets there as well Dogs can disabled traps and put crap in their mouth and bring it to you. Cat will usually ignore, and feel prone to scrath things when ever possible. that or sleep. Maybe cat and dogs can learn Sim Fu

Ambtions: Dogs should be a fire dog. period. cats can work in the salon because they look cute. dogs can drill holes already, like the driller. Black cats can hunt ghost Maybe cowardly pets can run from them, and brave pets will bark/ screech and have a fit :p

I love your ideas and the concept of features crossing over to other EPs.
Maybe they could add special pets that you could buy only in France, China or Eygpt. Or use the chemistry set on your pet, turning them into giants or shrinking them. Imagine giant snakes (they attack people), giant insects, giant dogs/cats (you can now ride them).

They could add on more roles for the pets, like police dogs / detective dogs / pets in showbiz (Late Night) etc. If you got an already existing dog it can follow the Sim to work if they are in law enforcement or detective line. And if your sim is in law enforcement, he may complete an opportunity and unlock a special K9 police dog.
Mad Poster
#108 Old 23rd May 2011 at 1:49 PM
the should just do all of that :p

Lets see what EA does with Pets. I'm sure they'll overlook EVERY opportunity. -_-

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Theorist
#109 Old 23rd May 2011 at 1:53 PM
http://www.simprograms.com/30427/in...unleashed-pets/

Well what do we have here...an upcoming interview for Pets was leaked! We will be able to directly control our pets without cheats this time. On the 360 version you can use Kinect to interact with the pets. Other than that there's nothing we don't already know from the leaked trailer unfortunately.
Theorist
#110 Old 23rd May 2011 at 2:50 PM
^ Thanks for that.

I want to make bear and monkey families and make them live in the wilderness.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#111 Old 23rd May 2011 at 4:25 PM
Captain THPS4, you are my hero today! Yay!
Ahh, horseys! They got me at horses! I will be really interested how this will work out in the PC version.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Theorist
#112 Old 23rd May 2011 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
^ Thanks for that.

I want to make bear and monkey families and make them live in the wilderness.

Like SimAnimals, except with The Sims 3?

Ha ha, it makes me glad that I'm somebody's hero today! It's interesting that EA is planning to announce this EP so quickly after Generations' release, but I guess they want to take advantage of E3 to raise mass awareness for what so many fans have wanted.
Mad Poster
#113 Old 23rd May 2011 at 5:31 PM
After reading the interview, I am a bit disheartened about controlling the pets. I really am not sure if that will be something I want in my game play. I want sims to care for the pet, but don't need to switch to the pet and control what they do.

Again, I will be interested in seeing how this will work out for the PC.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Theorist
#114 Old 23rd May 2011 at 6:41 PM
Interesting. Looks like I might be passing on this one... unless there's more to it than just that. I didn't bother with TS2 Pets and looks like I might be skipping this one too. I think hubby might be getting this though. He's says he'll wait until he sees more and reads more info on it.

Oh... and I guess since the trailer's been released, it's not a rumour anymore, is it?
Field Researcher
#115 Old 23rd May 2011 at 10:47 PM
I like the idea of being able to control the pets - if it's optional. Hopefully setting free will to high will be enough for them to handle their own needs, and then we can take control once in a while if desired. And I like the idea of giving pets traits, since real life animals sure have their own personalities.

I have to say I'm really excited about getting cats and dogs again, I personally feel that they added to the game in TS2. Not sure about horses though... but I'm curious to see how they've developed gameplay around that.
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 23rd May 2011 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
After reading the interview, I am a bit disheartened about controlling the pets. I really am not sure if that will be something I want in my game play. I want sims to care for the pet, but don't need to switch to the pet and control what they do.

Again, I will be interested in seeing how this will work out for the PC.

I'm with you on this. I like the idea of pets but I'm not too sure what I would do with them. I much prefer controlling my sims to interact with them and watching them spice up the household or neighbourhood. I hope the AI for the pets are good enough that they do certain things on their own and not require us to micromanage every aspect of it. It'll be a nightmare playing a household of 8 along with their pet (pet families)
Scholar
#117 Old 24th May 2011 at 3:59 AM
As I read it (and said it in another thread) I really hope you can control your pets and not have to use cheats in order to do this. This was the biggest complaint(And my only complaint) from the Sims 2 pets of not controlling your pets at any given time instead of watching plus using a cheat every time to control them. I really hope you can perform more interactions just like sims can do but make it funny for example, peeing, biting,sleep scratching on the couch at any time.

This could be great for machinima artists too as I love to control and manage stuff on my own and not have to watch. Pets might have free will just like any other sims. (Meaning optional) This could be the best thing that EA has ever done so far and a example of taking something old and turning into something new and great. I really hope this EP has more than Dogs and cats while we can see new pets like birds turtles and more.

bassoon_crazy: that would be super great if that was possible! the more depth control the merrier
Page 5 of 5