Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#526 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 10:33 AM
I think that's exactly what it will be. It would explain why we got two trailers leaked at once. With the way EA described the event on their page, I think they were planning to blow our minds with not one but two EP announcements after spamming us with Medieval for the past few months. They will probably act oblivious to the leaks and still go through with this. It's possible the trailers may be improved so it won't be all old news to us. Plus we'll probably get press releases with a few new tidbits of stuff not shown in the trailers.

There's a small possibility that the event won't be about Generations or Unleashed. The big new year's surprise turned out to only be Barnacle Bay put on the daily deal after all. I seriously doubt it though, EA doesn't have much to talk about right now since Medieval is FINALLY out. :P
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#527 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 11:53 AM
The big announcement might be about who is taking over from Rod Humble? Or maybe TSO is coming back :D

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#528 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Or maybe TSO is coming back :D

Gurl, don't play with my emotions.
Inventor
#529 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 6:26 PM
I'd laugh if it was a completely new EP that we haven't seen a trailer for XD
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#530 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 6:35 PM
Lol yes QueenJimmy :D

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
#531 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 11:47 PM
This "big announcement" sounds intriguing. Do EA usually set such things up in advance for the launch of a new EP? Chances are though, it'll be the announcement about Generations (and possibly Unleashed).

@Inge Nice idea if it is about the take over from Humble. That would be something quite interesting indeed, but then, if an EP isn't announced I might just go insane from waiting. The suspense is surreal.
Inventor
#532 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 2:18 AM
"We're going to release all of the store stuff available for physical purchases in stores... with a CD this time!"
Mad Poster
#533 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 11:34 AM
Still a solid week before the big announcement. I was just reading Ferret Sim's journal and it reminded me of something I hope generations would bring back, serving food. It was a really nice interaction for kids and other people to sit down and the person who made the food, would serve it to them onto the table.
Mad Poster
#534 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 3:07 PM
I loved the sitting around the table and everyone was talking. Made great pictures and yes, I do miss that one.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Alchemist
#535 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Or maybe TSO is coming back :D

God I hope not :D
Instructor
#536 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QueenJimmyIV
"We're going to release all of the store stuff available for physical purchases in stores... with a CD this time!"

Special edition, an empty CD with secret codes and a new garden gnome as a pre-order bonus because you can never have enough gnomes, can you?
Scholar
#537 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 7:29 PM
Yeah, new gnome! I like that there are so many different gnomes. Still, I wish they would drink and a mass a secret army -- the simpire gnome changing teddy bears is kind of close to that -- but hwt about for those of us who don't play simpires? We need a gnome army! And a celebrity gnome complete with dark shades, boa, high heels, tiara, and evening gown ( a gnome dress liked Audrey in Breakfast at Tiffany's) Whoooo! Wonder if there will be a medieval gnome for SM? Will generations have a pet gnome? Haha. What other gnomes should we hope for?

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Lab Assistant
#538 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 8:03 PM
When I first heard about "The Generations" EP, I was highly disappointed, but when I saw the "trailer" for it (whether it's official or not I have no idea) and I was a tad bit more excited, (just a tad though). It seems like this should be a SP if it's only going to be "family interactions" with the tree houses & pranks, they should be at least ONE big thing, whether it's pets or weather, I don't really care. I never really got into TS2, by the time I bought it, the 3rd one was coming out soon, so I never got the full feel of the pets & weather etc.

The sad thing is, The Sims is a big name, and so is EA, so people are going to buy the game regardless of how good the basegame, EP, or SP is. Some people (like me) want to have all of the EP & SP because of the hope there will be SOME variety SOMEWHERE. So by buying all of them (and I know I'm not the only one) I'll spend close to 200 every year buying EP and SP that are 40 bucks a pop. I just add to their pockets

Hopefully since this EP won't be out until May, we'll get more up to date trailers and perhaps something big will come out of it?

Also, I was on TS3 page and they mentioned something about a big release March 31st? Anyone know what this is about? They have a facebook "event" type of thing to "attend" to here the news??
Field Researcher
#539 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 8:35 AM
Seasons is my all time favorite expansion pack, and as much as I'd love weather in the game, I'm not angry that it's not here.

My game lags enough from trees. Add trees and rain?

OH LAWD.
Instructor
#540 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 3:59 PM
http://ivan-hogarsim.blogspot.com/2...-china-pic.html

I found this two videos about TSG and pets!!!
wow
if this is true I will go back to play TS3 finally

I am Brazilian but I live in Switzerland!!!!
Call me Paula if you want :)
My Tumblr =)
Scholar
#541 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WayBack
Special edition, an empty CD with secret codes and a new garden gnome as a pre-order bonus because you can never have enough gnomes, can you?

LOL! I hate to admit this, but I'm obsessed with collecting those stupid gnomes. The only reason I bought Outdoor Living was because I had to have the stupid gnome. *has insane trait*
Inventor
#542 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 2:38 AM
Outdoor Living comes with a gnome?
Mad Poster
#543 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 2:53 AM
it doesn't do anything. It simply sits there.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Test Subject
#544 Old 19th May 2011 at 8:45 PM
for people wondering what teens can do :)
Pranks and Booby Traps:
Pranks and Booby Traps are a great way for Sims to express their Teen angst!
• Teenage Sims can Booby Trap various objects throughout their household, and then sit back and wait for an innocent friend or family member to fall for their devious trap. Household objects that can be Booby Trapped include showers, toilets, sinks, computers, and sofas. Teens can even make Prank Calls!
• You can also use the “Set Booby Trap for…” interaction to set a trap a for a specific Sim on the lot, and then call them over and convince them to use it!
• In addition to Booby Traps, Pranks can be played around town on unsuspecting neighbors and other members of your Sim’s community. To play a Prank, find a neighbor who is home and click on their house. Once clicked, your Teenager will be given the option to play a bunch of different pranks that include Door Bell Ditching, Planting a Flaming Bag, or even Egging the Front Door!
• Have you ever wanted to make another Sim nauseous or even throw up? Teenagers who become proficient with the brand new Chemistry Set can even discover the Stink Juice potion, which can be set off at homes or out around town!
• When a Booby Trap or Prank is successfully pulled off, your Sim will receive the Successful Prank moodlet. Teenagers who set off a certain number of successful pranks without being caught can even receive the powerful Uber Prankster moodlet!
• Depending on the personality of the pranked Sim, they may find your Sim’s hi-jinks hilarious and receive a positive Pranked moodlet. Or, if they’re more of a cranky Sim, they may receive a negative Pranked moodlet.
• Look out though, playing Pranks and setting Booby Traps isn’t all fun and games; Sims can be caught by Adults, the Police, or even tattled on by another Teen or Child, which will result in Punishment!

Punishment:
Rather than just being Scolded, Teens can now be punished in a variety of new ways!
• Depending on the seriousness of a Sim’s offense (caught pranking, fighting with a sibling, out after curfew, etc), as well as any other trouble they may have been in, your Teen may be put on a Time Out, restricted from using their favorite household objects, or even be Grounded!
• When put on a Time Out, your Sim will receive the negative Got Put on Time Out moodlet, and be forced to stand in the corner and think about what they’ve done. If you cancel the interaction and your Sim is caught, they’ll get in even more trouble!
• If your Teen has been restricted from using one of their favorite objects (like the Computer or Video Game System), your Sim will have the ability to try and Sneak in some time with it. However, if an adult finds you using the object, more Punishment will head your Sim’s way!
• Adults will reserve Grounding their children for the worst offenses, or for Sims who just can’t keep out of trouble (being brought home by the Police is a sure way to get grounded). When grounded, a Teen will receive the negative Grounded moodlet for an amount of time consistent with how much trouble they’ve gotten into.
• Sneaking off your Home Lot while Grounded is possible for the most daring of Sims, and if successful they’ll receive the Snuck Out! moodlet. If unsuccessful, their grounding will be extended!
• If your Teen has been punished, they can Beg For Forgiveness from and Adult in an attempt to remove their punishment. Doing chores around the house like cooking and cleaning will improve your Sim’s chances for forgiveness!

Rebellious Trait:
Sims can now be assigned the brand new Rebellious Trait!
• A Teen with this trait will have a reduced chance of being caught while doing Pranks and setting Booby Traps, as well as having reduced chances for being caught while violating Curfew!
• Rebellious Teenagers will also receive the Fight The Power moodlet when performing deviant activities like getting a tattoo, copying someone’s homework, or even smashing a dollhouse!

Mood Swings:
Sims will sometimes experience personality changing Mood Swings during their Teenage Years!
• After waking up in the morning, you may be alerted that one of your Teenage Sims is experiencing a Mood Swing! If so, your Sim will receive the Having a Mood Swing moodlet.
• Throughout the day, your Sim will receive wishes to do deviant or rebellious activities like snubbing certain Sims or skipping school, and will certainly not act very nice to other Sims around them!

Teen Parties:
Teenage Sims can throw raging house parties while the Adults are away!
• Throughout the course of a Sim’s teenage years, the adults on his or her home lot may get the chance to go away on a free, adults-only, vacation. If accepted, the Teen will be left alone to “take care” of the house while the adults are away…
•Once the adults have left, Teenagers can use the phone to invite their other teenaged friends over for a house party!
• Make sure the party doesn’t get too crazy though, as the neighbors may call the police if they find out a party is going on! Your Sim can then use the Break Up Party interaction to try to clear the house before the police show up!

After School Activities and School Dances:
Teenagers can now sign up for after school clubs, classes, and even attend school dances like Prom!
• Teens can sign up for after school clubs and classes like Sports Club or Music Club. Once signed up, Teens will learn and increase the associated skill when attending the club after school!
• School Dances will often be scheduled throughout a Teenager’s time in High School! Once scheduled, your Sim will need to find a date to take!
• While at the dance, your Sim might become the Prom King/Queen, have their first kiss, or even decide to go steady with their date!

I got it here : http://www.ea.com/uk/news/sims-3-ge...enagers-feature
Field Researcher
#545 Old 19th May 2011 at 8:52 PM
Oh look! It's the thread before " What I've Seen/Heard/Read about in Sims 3: Generations"! LOL. :D

You can find video previews of ALL my uploads on my YouTube Channel.
Keep updated, and follow me on Twitter! You´ll get the most recent news and goss when I´m making custom content!
---- Have Fun With My Uploads! ----
Scholar
#546 Old 20th May 2011 at 7:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by QueenJimmyIV
Outdoor Living comes with a gnome?

Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
it doesn't do anything. It simply sits there.

I was really disappointed with that. The best thing about the gnomes is that they are all over and have funny poses.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Lab Assistant
#547 Old 21st May 2011 at 5:08 AM
I'm disappointed that I ordered my copy from walmart on 4/30 and likely will not recieve outdoor living. I never buy stuff packs but I would of bought from EA's store had I known it was a bonus for preorder.
Page 22 of 22